Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 03-25-2020, 09:07 AM   #211
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFigliuolo View Post
Sadly, I agree with the trump haters. Trumps handling of this has been a disaster.
Joe, don't totally disagree but what the #^&#^&#^&#^& good does it do to diss the guy. I truly believe he is trying his best. This is uncharted territory and no one really knows what the right thing is to say. JMO

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #212
scottw

times like these are when America is at it's best....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #213
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
times like these are when America is at it's best....
True Scott, God Bless America.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #214
Sea Dangles

Too bad it brings out the worst in some also.
I understand criticism but now is when unity is needed and naysayers should restrain from beating the drum. Positive vibes folks. They help.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #215
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I understand criticism but now is when unity is needed and naysayers should restrain from beating the drum. Positive vibes folks. They help.
And yet you spend all day, every day insulting people in the political forum w/o adding anything.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:12 AM   #216
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And yet you spend all day, every day insulting people in the political forum w/o adding anything.
I am trying to inspire and it’s working. Let’s keep the momentum going.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-25-2020, 10:40 AM   #217
clambo

virus

My wife is an ER nurse for the past 42 yrs and is on the front lines in this pandemic. At this time she is in the lower level of our home on a tele conference getting updated.The staff does not make stocking decisions. Most business since the 80's have not carried the stock they used to carry.
What should be alarming to all is the number of disaster drills that have happened since 911 and no one in charge thought we would need to stockpile medical protective gear,or get gear that could be cleaned and reused.I worked in the ER 45 yrs ago and we used to autoclave(steam) many instruments we would reuse. We have come to rely on other countries to make the things we need. Corporations have moved production overseas to lower costs and what do we make here now?
As far as Covid 19 goes Do not touch your eyes,nose,mouth, without washing your hands. If you can't not touch your face use the back of your hand! The virus does not run around on your skin! The number of people who get sick that die is small. Be safe, wash hands often!
clambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:06 PM   #218
redlite

My wife is chief nurse practitioner at large medical facility. She oversees 500-600 nurse practitioners and physicians assistants. Most primary care and outpatient facility but she in walk in urgent care which is usually busier than the er. They just furloughed all nps and pas. So sucks for us financially as she the earner but I am kinda glad as one less stress factor in our lives as reduces her exposure chances and chance of her brining it home to us.
They had someone come in the other day that was sent for testing. Angers me why these idiots would even consider letting someone with symptoms in their building as they are not equipped to deal with it in the first place. We are still holding our breath on test results.
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #219
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Joe, don't totally disagree but what the #^&#^&#^&#^& good does it do to diss the guy. I truly believe he is trying his best. This is uncharted territory and no one really knows what the right thing is to say. JMO
Because he’s not being honest, if this is his best get someone else in there that can at least be frank with the American people.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #220
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambo View Post
My wife is an ER nurse for the past 42 yrs and is on the front lines in this pandemic. At this time she is in the lower level of our home on a tele conference getting updated.The staff does not make stocking decisions. Most business since the 80's have not carried the stock they used to carry.
What should be alarming to all is the number of disaster drills that have happened since 911 and no one in charge thought we would need to stockpile medical protective gear,or get gear that could be cleaned and reused.I worked in the ER 45 yrs ago and we used to autoclave(steam) many instruments we would reuse. We have come to rely on other countries to make the things we need. Corporations have moved production overseas to lower costs and what do we make here now?
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
My wife is chief nurse practitioner at large medical facility. She oversees 500-600 nurse practitioners and physicians assistants. Most primary care and outpatient facility but she in walk in urgent care which is usually busier than the er. They just furloughed all nps and pas. So sucks for us financially as she the earner but I am kinda glad as one less stress factor in our lives as reduces her exposure chances and chance of her brining it home to us.
They had someone come in the other day that was sent for testing. Angers me why these idiots would even consider letting someone with symptoms in their building as they are not equipped to deal with it in the first place. We are still holding our breath on test results.

Damn. Sorry dude. But all elective stuff is shut down.

Guy in my office, his grandfather has C19. Doing OK at the moment.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #221
fishgolf

My wife is an RN also. Doing the best she can to avoid contamination while at work. Sometimes feels like a crap shoot when she comes home, as everyday is a new risk event.

To Trump/Easter commentary. He indicated that he "hoped" we could get the country going again. It was not a "line in the sand" as some journalists have written. And that CNN/Cuomo guy seems to be losing it. The NY Cuomo guy is pretty good and makes sense with his available information.

Anyway, time will tell and hopefully, we'll all pull through with our health.
If anyone is in need of assistance for any reason, I would be happy to help. I check this site just about daily, if not more (what else is there to do )
fishgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:04 PM   #222
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Can’t imagine having to endure this back in my day with my three boys home for months and trying to keep them engaged in school and from not killing each other. Good luck to those large families with school kids at home, what a challenge this must be.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #223
Nebe

Trump is more worried about his re-election campaign than the current situation. He would rather have people go back to work and see people die than to see further economic troubles. What a monster
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #224
Sea Dangles

🧟#^&♂️
Old 03-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #225
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
Just become a farmer. U my friend are very good at it and helping my household stay on an even keel through this. Thank you isn't enough
Haha. Glad I could keep you on an even keel.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #226
Nebe

Quote:
🧟#^&♂️
Maybe you will have to get a job?
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:12 PM   #227
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Maybe you will have to get a job?
How else will I afford gas for the new boat?🤑

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-26-2020, 05:10 AM   #228
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Well stated Chris.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #229
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

This post is just my observation, as I am not a medical/health professional;

Opening my eyes to greet the day... and I think !@#$, it's not a dream. This chit is real. Thankful I can get from horizontal to sitting up as quickly as I can. (That was a chore during past year recovering from knee replacement) Count moving body parts and take a deep breath.

So how do I feel? Within fifteen minutes I have a scratchy feeling I need to clear from my throat... Allergies! Take a Claritin and am good to go in 15 minutes. So consider the early blooms causing some early allergy reactions in your home before jumping to the conclusion that you are going to be positive for Covid-19.

I wish you all good health to you and your families...

(and in case you forgot, I am a year ahead of you all for missing weekly income checks... we will get through this)

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:10 AM   #230
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I think there is a place for both and we are lucky to have free speech, change in this country has always taken place in some of the toughest times and no doubt (hopefully) there will be lessons learned from this. Hard not to be critical when I see pictures of NY nurses in garbage bags due to the shortage of gowns and Cuomo ripped this administration yesterday and rightfully so. We check on our neighbors, we have shopped and brought food to our friend with stage four cancer, I’ve shared frozen fish with several friends and we encourage our kids and their friends to be smart. Hope everyone in this community and their extended family and friends are safe, doesn’t mean I won’t butt heads in the political forum.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:14 AM   #231
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Quote:
Be careful guys,act like everybody is infected. A trip to the store should be made only for essentials.
This.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #232
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
This post is just my observation, as I am not a medical/health professional;

Opening my eyes to greet the day... and I think !@#$, it's not a dream. This chit is real. Thankful I can get from horizontal to sitting up as quickly as I can. (That was a chore during past year recovering from knee replacement) Count moving body parts and take a deep breath.

So how do I feel? Within fifteen minutes I have a scratchy feeling I need to clear from my throat... Allergies! Take a Claritin and am good to go in 15 minutes. So consider the early blooms causing some early allergy reactions in your home before jumping to the conclusion that you are going to be positive for Covid-19.

I wish you all good health to you and your families...

(and in case you forgot, I am a year ahead of you all for missing weekly income checks... we will get through this)
very on point Ross.. each individual knows their own body better than anyone else... if people just stop and think before going into panic mode we all will get through this...My plant is still in full production for knees, hips and assorted bone repair plates as well as trauma (skull) patches... 3 shifts 24 hours a day...all dorrs ( except rest rooms) are propped open, all entrance doors and countrs light switches etc are wiped down every 2 hours... life is different but we are still working...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #233
Rmarsh

A reliable source has told me that many NY plates have been seen in Westport... where there are a lot of summer homes owned by wealthy, out of state people. My concern is that they are not self quarantining as directed. Not unusual for rich folks to regard the rules to be for just the commoners.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #234
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
A reliable source has told me that many NY plates have been seen in Westport... where there are a lot of summer homes owned by wealthy, out of state people. My concern is that they are not self quarantining as directed. Not unusual for rich folks to regard the rules to be for just the commoners.
Hearing this complaint from every neighborhood from Watch Hill to Chatham.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #235
Sea Dangles

I would much rather quarantine on the water. NYC is not where you want to be. Someday soon I will spend all my time in Westport!
Old 03-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #236
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
I have been called to look at an outdoor job. Nothing major. Some deck and lattice work. Design and build something where a weed has grown into a maple tree. And now the trunk is damaging latticework... Fine. Show up and find the owners coming out on the deck! They are NYC residents and have been here since March 15... We kept our distance and I left after taking some photos... Not putting that in my immediate schedule.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:05 AM   #237
Rmarsh

Quote:
I would much rather quarantine on the water. NYC is not where you want to be. Someday soon I will spend all my time in Westport!

Yes....good place to get away to.......but they are getting their groceries at the only market in town.....and gasoline

I live in a neighboring town...but spend most of my waking time in Westport....love it. Working from home for another week...at least.
My wife works in a nursing home and her 100 year old mother is a resident with breathing problems...i cant take any chances and be the one to transmit to my wife.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #238
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I have been called to look at an outdoor job. Nothing major. Some deck and lattice work. Design and build something where a weed has grown into a maple tree. And now the trunk is damaging latticework... Fine. Show up and find the owners coming out on the deck! They are NYC residents and have been here since March 15... We kept our distance and I left after taking some photos... Not putting that in my immediate schedule.

My brother in law has a civil engineering business in town
works on a lot of these exclusive properties....got a call last week to meet with a guy who just got into town from NY, pretending like there was nothing going on.
Also just learned about a report saying ibubropen use has been a common factor in many of the fatal cases.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 03-27-2020 at 11:33 AM..
Old 03-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #239
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Signs on cape say if your from NY you need to self quarantine for 14 days. I guess anyone from out of state needs to now
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:27 PM   #240
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

RI is limiting NY hard. Sucks but it is fair. Must restrain the growth of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Trump is more worried about his re-election campaign than the current situation. He would rather have people go back to work and see people die than to see further economic troubles. What a monster
Everyone is more worried about slamming Trump than trying to work through the problem. Both sides own this - good and bad.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote