Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 03-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #241
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
RI is limiting NY hard. Sucks but it is fair. Must restrain the growth of this.

Everyone is more worried about slamming Trump than trying to work through the problem. Both sides own this - good and bad.
No john. Both sides do not own this. You have a sociopath in office that thinks this is all a hoax and wants this country to go on like nothing happens by Easter. SOCIOPATH.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #242
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
No john. Both sides do not own this. You have a sociopath in office that thinks this is all a hoax and wants this country to go on like nothing happens by Easter. SOCIOPATH.
Or he doesn’t, and then he does, then he doesn’t again. Trump is only as good as the last conversation he has had. Imagine being a state governor trying to lead and you don’t know day by day if it’s all a media plot, a war, fake news, the biggest deal ever nobody could have ever imagined, the states fault and you’re a terrible governor etc...

He’s all over the map, constantly looking for someone to blame and completely out of his league. He went in 24 hours from the cure being worse than the disease to potentially nationalizing much of the commercial aerospace industry, bragging about signing the biggest spending bill in US history and claiming the people have plenty of money to spend on bailouts because we’re a big country.

I hate to say this but I actually wish he’d just go play golf for the next 4 months.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #243
albythereforyou

well....

great year to open an art gallery here on the cape...

closed my wife's private school, and now she is collecting unemployment... first time in either of our lives we have had to do that. if i could collect unemployment i would. closed all the fishing shows/ boat shows/ art shows/ closed my gallery. the only thing left is my website, and I'm sure they will find a way to close that as well (they will probably shut down the post office but allow amazon to keep delivering cause ya know, they are essential, like the 233 lawn guys I see every morning)

while you guys argue about who's fault it is, myself and every other retail shop/ small business/ and restaurant here on cape cod are pretty much done for. won't surprise me if I have to close the gallery before we even really get started.

and oh...my wife and I still have NY plates on the cars. probably should switch those over to MA before we get lynched. seriously. i might get out a yankees hat and start ww3
albythereforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:18 PM   #244
Sea Dangles

Sorry to hear this,keep the chin up and hope for a strong recovery.
Lots of folks in your boat all of the sudden. Here is hoping for better days.
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:54 PM   #245
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by albythereforyou View Post
well....

great year to open an art gallery here on the cape...

closed my wife's private school, and now she is collecting unemployment... first time in either of our lives we have had to do that. if i could collect unemployment i would. closed all the fishing shows/ boat shows/ art shows/ closed my gallery. the only thing left is my website, and I'm sure they will find a way to close that as well (they will probably shut down the post office but allow amazon to keep delivering cause ya know, they are essential, like the 233 lawn guys I see every morning)

while you guys argue about who's fault it is, myself and every other retail shop/ small business/ and restaurant here on cape cod are pretty much done for. won't surprise me if I have to close the gallery before we even really get started.

and oh...my wife and I still have NY plates on the cars. probably should switch those over to MA before we get lynched. seriously. i might get out a yankees hat and start ww3
Hey man, I fell you. I too run an art gallery. I elected to close our doors almost 2 weeks ago and as a result have had very little business. I’m taking this time to address some stuff that I have been too busy to touch in a couple years since I opened this new gallery. Mainly honing in some tooling in my studio and doing a lot of organizing. With every crisis there is opportunity if you know where to look for it.
That said, if you want some glass for your gallery for the summer I would be willing to provide you some.
Lastly, I am looking at this crisis as a pause, not a reset button. NYC is forecast to peak in its infection rates in 2 weeks and then go down. I have a hunch that by mid to late may the dust will mostly have settled. By July people will be out and ready to get back to living life. That’s when my gallery gets busy anyway... this time of year is always slow.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:20 PM   #246
Clammer

&&&&&&& the local ice cream shop is open for business & business is booming > all of their business is take out .havn,t lost a step & to my limited knowledge they havn,t broken a law >>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:26 AM   #247
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Yes....good place to get away to.......but they are getting their groceries at the only market in town.....and gasoline

I live in a neighboring town...but spend most of my waking time in Westport....love it. Working from home for another week...at least.
My wife works in a nursing home and her 100 year old mother is a resident with breathing problems...i cant take any chances and be the one to transmit to my wife.
A Lees employee tested positive.
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #248
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
A Lees employee tested positive.
yup...heard that on the local radio station this morning.

I just got a call from my boss asking me to make some plexiglass shields to protect cashiers at the gas station/convenience stores they own.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:05 AM   #249
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Hearing that over 1.4 million people have tested positive (world-wide)
301K have recovered
And 82K have died (R.I.P.)

Covid in the USA (In about 3.5 months-since 01/20)
Total cases: 374,329
Total deaths: 12,064

CDC estimates that the 2018–2019 (U.S.A.) Flu season had an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, and 34,200 deaths

We have a tough month ahead in regards to numbers, I'm fearing that 'case to death ratio'. Praying they make some serious developments in treatment. Hope you're all staying safe.

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:20 AM   #250
Rmarsh

Just received an e-mail from the nursing home where my mom is a resident that they have a confirmed positive case of COVID 19 and have isolated that individual.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:28 AM   #251
Guppy
User

Quote:
Just received an e-mail from the nursing home where my mom is a resident that they have a confirmed positive case of COVID 19 and have isolated that individual.
That’s scary Bob,,,, GB
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:53 AM   #252
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Hope for the best, that’s never good news in those communities, my aunt is in lockdown in one and they are delivering meals to the rooms to keep the spread down, which is tough on the elderly. When I hear that, I don’t feel I have it that bad, at least I can get outside.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:04 AM   #253
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Best of luck Bob, scary stuff.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-08-2020, 07:07 AM   #254
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Some of the FD I support are in quarantine, one's significant other (a nurse) has tested positive. Fortunately for me, that guy tested negative the day after I worked with closely with them for several days.

Quote:

Best off luck on your mom, bud.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:12 AM   #255
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Best of Luck to your mom Bob...as well as the rest of the home.

......it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #256
hq2

Hey folks, thought I would bring up something else here. I'm reading that meat plants are starting to close, so there could be meat shortages in another month or two. I'm thinking at that point we're gonna start having to catch fish not for sport, but just to EAT. If that's the case, I think DEP is going to be under a lot of pressure to start dropping limits, at least for this year. I'm starting to plan my trips this year to fill up the freezer. Dunno guys, this is all looking pretty scary.

And no, no point in blaming idiot in chief for this disaster. Anyhow, the real villain isn't Trump, it's McConnell. He knew about the impending disaster and STILL wouldn't remove the unfit Trump, even though he knew Trump's response would be catastrophic. McConnell, who for more than a decade placed PARTY BEFORE COUNTRY, will get a special place in infamy for this.
hq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:16 PM   #257
niko

maybe we should start eating pets and neighbors, smh. and maybe keep politics in the dumpster fire that is the political forum

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #258
jmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
maybe we should start eating pets and neighbors, smh. and maybe keep politics in the dumpster fire that is the political forum
Thank you for that
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:50 PM   #259
hq2

...or maybe eat my neighbors pet! My neighbor kept throwing tennis balls into our yard for his dog, who kept pooping in our yard. Put all the balls by my trash can, and he actually came over and tried to retrieve them. I popped open the door, and said "Need any help finding anything, there Stan?"
hq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #260
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
I vote we start with people who use 'smh'

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #261
niko

I was thinking guys who replace vanity tops but not the vanity itself, smh
Old 04-13-2020, 02:11 PM   #262
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
What are you Spence? I priced that out already... Nah. For a bathroom no one really uses (it is mostly just my wetsuit shower bathroom) I'll keep costs down.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #263
niko

If Spence saw my wardrobe he would be quite upset with the comparison
Old 04-13-2020, 03:40 PM   #264
Guppy
User

Quote:
You’ve seen my neighbor?
And what the heck is smh, out of touch guy needs to know
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #265
niko

Hi ray, it means shake my head
Old 04-13-2020, 04:46 PM   #266
Sea Dangles

I care about youz.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:05 PM   #267
t.orlando

Quote:
WTF...I better move quick
t.orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:40 PM   #268
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Ex-wife was tested tonight at her house. Kids are going to get tested, with her husband, tomorrow in Lowell..... Full range of emotions there for me...
We are good in this house so far.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #269
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

This is what Immamaybegonna do

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Ex-wife was tested tonight at her house. Kids are going to get tested, with her husband, tomorrow in Lowell..... Full range of emotions there for me...
We are good in this house so far.

Ouch

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #270
niko

[QUOTE=JohnR;1190825]This is what Immamaybegonna do

Don't be that guy. you don't have to break the bank on a vanity. you can order a kraftmade all wood (plywood box) vanity for $250 at homies. I did 20 of them over the winter for a customer

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much