Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Main Forum Ľ StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #241
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Libtardia
Posts: 20,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
RI is limiting NY hard. Sucks but it is fair. Must restrain the growth of this.





Everyone is more worried about slamming Trump than trying to work through the problem. Both sides own this - good and bad.
No john. Both sides do not own this. You have a sociopath in office that thinks this is all a hoax and wants this country to go on like nothing happens by Easter. SOCIOPATH.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #242
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
No john. Both sides do not own this. You have a sociopath in office that thinks this is all a hoax and wants this country to go on like nothing happens by Easter. SOCIOPATH.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Or he doesnít, and then he does, then he doesnít again. Trump is only as good as the last conversation he has had. Imagine being a state governor trying to lead and you donít know day by day if itís all a media plot, a war, fake news, the biggest deal ever nobody could have ever imagined, the states fault and youíre a terrible governor etc...

Heís all over the map, constantly looking for someone to blame and completely out of his league. He went in 24 hours from the cure being worse than the disease to potentially nationalizing much of the commercial aerospace industry, bragging about signing the biggest spending bill in US history and claiming the people have plenty of money to spend on bailouts because weíre a big country.

I hate to say this but I actually wish heíd just go play golf for the next 4 months.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #243
albythereforyou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: YAY Falmouth! no more CT :)
Posts: 133
well....

great year to open an art gallery here on the cape...

closed my wife's private school, and now she is collecting unemployment... first time in either of our lives we have had to do that. if i could collect unemployment i would. closed all the fishing shows/ boat shows/ art shows/ closed my gallery. the only thing left is my website, and I'm sure they will find a way to close that as well (they will probably shut down the post office but allow amazon to keep delivering cause ya know, they are essential, like the 233 lawn guys I see every morning)

while you guys argue about who's fault it is, myself and every other retail shop/ small business/ and restaurant here on cape cod are pretty much done for. won't surprise me if I have to close the gallery before we even really get started.

and oh...my wife and I still have NY plates on the cars. probably should switch those over to MA before we get lynched. seriously. i might get out a yankees hat and start ww3
albythereforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:18 PM   #244
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,838
Sorry to hear this,keep the chin up and hope for a strong recovery.
Lots of folks in your boat all of the sudden. Here is hoping for better days.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:54 PM   #245
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Libtardia
Posts: 20,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by albythereforyou View Post
well....

great year to open an art gallery here on the cape...

closed my wife's private school, and now she is collecting unemployment... first time in either of our lives we have had to do that. if i could collect unemployment i would. closed all the fishing shows/ boat shows/ art shows/ closed my gallery. the only thing left is my website, and I'm sure they will find a way to close that as well (they will probably shut down the post office but allow amazon to keep delivering cause ya know, they are essential, like the 233 lawn guys I see every morning)

while you guys argue about who's fault it is, myself and every other retail shop/ small business/ and restaurant here on cape cod are pretty much done for. won't surprise me if I have to close the gallery before we even really get started.

and oh...my wife and I still have NY plates on the cars. probably should switch those over to MA before we get lynched. seriously. i might get out a yankees hat and start ww3
Hey man, I fell you. I too run an art gallery. I elected to close our doors almost 2 weeks ago and as a result have had very little business. Iím taking this time to address some stuff that I have been too busy to touch in a couple years since I opened this new gallery. Mainly honing in some tooling in my studio and doing a lot of organizing. With every crisis there is opportunity if you know where to look for it.
That said, if you want some glass for your gallery for the summer I would be willing to provide you some.
Lastly, I am looking at this crisis as a pause, not a reset button. NYC is forecast to peak in its infection rates in 2 weeks and then go down. I have a hunch that by mid to late may the dust will mostly have settled. By July people will be out and ready to get back to living life. Thatís when my gallery gets busy anyway... this time of year is always slow.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:20 PM   #246
Clammer
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Clammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Warwick RI,02889
Posts: 11,122
&&&&&&& the local ice cream shop is open for business & business is booming > all of their business is take out .havn,t lost a step & to my limited knowledge they havn,t broken a law >>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:26 AM   #247
BMEUPSCOTTY
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
BMEUPSCOTTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Westport
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Yes....good place to get away to.......but they are getting their groceries at the only market in town.....and gasoline

I live in a neighboring town...but spend most of my waking time in Westport....love it. Working from home for another week...at least.
My wife works in a nursing home and her 100 year old mother is a resident with breathing problems...i cant take any chances and be the one to transmit to my wife.
A Lees employee tested positive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #248
Rmarsh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Freetown MA
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
A Lees employee tested positive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yup...heard that on the local radio station this morning.

I just got a call from my boss asking me to make some plexiglass shields to protect cashiers at the gas station/convenience stores they own.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com