Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #121
Pete F.
Canceled

PsychoBozo blames his administration's failure to conduct testing for the coronavirus (less than 500 tests as of last Friday) on OBAMA.

I knew it - eventually he'd blame Obama! Just wait, tomorrow he'll be calling it the Obamavirus.

PsychoBozo eliminated the pandemic response team, including the top-level NSC member. He did nothing about this for the months that Coronavirus was developing in China and then tried to deny it was a problem.

He's talking about the decision that LDT assays (Lab Developed Tests) developed by CLIA-approved labs (Quest diagnostics, Labcorp - but ALSO Elizabeth Holmes scamlab till caught) should be under the oversight of the FDA.
The FDA DID make mistakes demanding no SARS false positive, but that is NOT because it's a "mistake" to have FDA review LDTs.

That's exactly how we ensure no one is scammed by a place like THeranos again.

She used the LDTs as a way to use equipment that never went through FDA review because it wasn't marketed for sale just used for testing.

And if you eliminate the managing apparatus that looks at possibilities and solutions you end up where we are.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #122
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
PsychoBozo blames his administration's failure to conduct testing for the coronavirus (less than 500 tests as of last Friday) on OBAMA.

I knew it - eventually he'd blame Obama! Just wait, tomorrow he'll be calling it the Obamavirus.

PsychoBozo eliminated the pandemic response team, including the top-level NSC member. He did nothing about this for the months that Coronavirus was developing in China and then tried to deny it was a problem.

He's talking about the decision that LDT assays (Lab Developed Tests) developed by CLIA-approved labs (Quest diagnostics, Labcorp - but ALSO Elizabeth Holmes scamlab till caught) should be under the oversight of the FDA.
The FDA DID make mistakes demanding no SARS false positive, but that is NOT because it's a "mistake" to have FDA review LDTs.

That's exactly how we ensure no one is scammed by a place like THeranos again.

She used the LDTs as a way to use equipment that never went through FDA review because it wasn't marketed for sale just used for testing.

And if you eliminate the managing apparatus that looks at possibilities and solutions you end up where we are.
This cry for help should make the front page.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-04-2020, 03:28 PM   #123
Pete F.
Canceled

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-30-2020, 08:09 PM   #124
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
With the coronavirus killing thousands and threatening to tank the global economy, I feel like more people should be talking about the fact that Trump fired the entire pandemic response team two years ago and then didn't replace them.
Trump also cut funding for the CDC, forcing the CDC to cancel its efforts to help countries prevent infectious-disease threats from becoming epidemics in 39 of 49 countries in 2018.
Among the countries abandoned? China.
This isn't just about accountability. It's about drawing attention to the structural problems in the US response effort before things get worse.
And it’s not limited to diseases, the increased structural problems carry through all national security operations.
But he’s saving you money, just what is 3% of the DOW, never mind the danger to Americans here and abroad worth.
Fools

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-31-2020, 04:43 AM   #125
scottw

oh good...pete is responding to his own nonsense again
Old 03-31-2020, 07:01 AM   #126
Pete F.
Canceled

It was Trump*’s view that it was nonsense, would just go away one day and failure to act that got us to the place we are.
Rest easy because while Congress is spending $2 trillion to stimulate the economy and combat Covid-19 the president is at least ensuring that the United States is not on the hook for Harry and Meghan’s security costs. And the sick and the dying will be gratified to know that the president’s TV ratings remain high.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device