Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2020, 01:07 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

That’s why gaslighting is hard to rebutt
Tweety’s quite expert at it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-05-2020, 01:49 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
That’s why gaslighting is hard to rebutt
Tweety’s quite expert at it
Pete, Trump's team makes an accusation, you say its a sham.

The accused denies the accusation, and you say "see? I knew it was a sham."

How about we get to the facts, if theres no evidence of wrongdoing, Trump pays all legal fees and we ALL call him out for making stuff up. Is that so crazy?
Old 11-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, Trump's team makes an accusation, you say its a sham.

The accused denies the accusation, and you say "see? I knew it was a sham."

How about we get to the facts, if theres no evidence of wrongdoing, Trump pays all legal fees and we ALL call him out for making stuff up. Is that so crazy?
Keep believing the gaslighter

It's a pretty telling, remarkable development that the Trump campaign is focusing on very smallbore legal challenges when they're on the verge of losing by as many as 70 electoral votes.

In President Donald Trump’s second loss in court in a single day, a Michigan judge rejected the Trump campaign’s bid to stop counting ballots without their inspectors present. The judge scoffed at plaintiffs’ “hearsay” evidence that a lawyer said she heard from a poll worker regarding dates supposedly changed on ballots.

“‘I heard someone else say something,'” Michigan Judge Cynthia Stephens said on Thursday, summing up an affidavit submitted by the Trump campaign. “Tell me how that is not hearsay. Come on now!”

An attorney for the Democratic National Committee, seeking to intervene in the case, argued that the Trump campaign lacked factual support.

“No evidence in the record would allow the court to find a likelihood of success on the merits,” the DNC’s counsel Kevin Hamilton said in court.

“All of this is really an effort to stop the counting of ballots by Michigan voters,” he added later.

Today’s hearing landed in the Michigan Court of Claims after the Trump campaign and Michigan voter Eric Ostergren alleged in a lawsuit that they were excluded from the counting board during the absentee voter ballot review process.

Filed against Michigan’s Democratic Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, the complaint alleged that Ostergren had been denied the opportunity to watch videotapes of votes being counted in violation of the state constitution’s right to equal protection under the law and “purity of elections.” Trump wanted an order telling the secretary to stop counting absentee ballots until an inspector from each party was present.

Hamilton, the attorney for the Democrats, noted that there is no right to video surveillance of voters casting ballots.

Before today’s proceedings began, Michigan’s Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) cast the Trump campaign’s demand as both “frivolous” and filed too late to matter.

“Plaintiffs attempt to ‘unring’ a bell in this case. They ask this court to halt the counting and processing of absent voter ballots throughout the state of Michigan,” her assistant attorney general Heather Meingast said in the state’s 20-page opposition papers. “But the tally of unofficial county results is complete. This means that absent voter ballots have already been processed and counted in the State of Michigan. The relief they seek can no longer be granted. And regardless, plaintiffs’ substantive claims are entirely without merit, if not frivolous.”

Earlier on Thursday, a Georgia judge quickly threw out another Trump campaign lawsuit after two witnesses conceded that they did not know whether 53 challenged ballots were received on time. The county board’s witnesses affirmed that they were.

You can watch the Michigan proceedings here:

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-05-2020 at 02:15 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2020, 05:15 PM   #94
wdmso

Its so simple and rather sad, people, are still attempting spin and carry trumps water..

SO when trump thought he was winning. There were no threats of law suits. Only when he began losing the lawsuits started

And all these states are in on the Fix with the deep state to elect Biden. Ya ok
Old 11-05-2020, 05:32 PM   #95
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

From the guy who brought you “the reason there are so many cases is because we are doing too many tests” comes the new hit single “I’m only losing because they are counting votes against me”.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #96
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

From the guy who brought you “the reason there are so many cases is because we are doing too many tests” .

our democrat governor was actually saying this exact same thing a short time ago as she was congratulating herself for RI's testing and explaining the increase in positive tests