Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-01-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
scottw

solid week in Philadelphia

love that right to peaceably assemble ....

Since Monday, there have been 59 police officers treated for injuries sustained during the unrest. One officer remains hospitalized.

Authorities say 17 police vehicles have been damaged.

In the past 24 hours, there were 35 incidents of looting, a total of 617 looting incidents since Monday.

Twenty-five ATMs have been vandalized or burglarized.

Troops from the Pennsylvania National Guard were deployed throughout Philadelphia on Saturday night.

“I think it’s pretty concerning that they’re here,” a Philadelphia man said. “I think it’s pretty politically motivated, I’d say. I think it’s a bit intimidating, especially during this time.”

wait....Pennsylvania has a democrat governor and Philly has a democrat mayor....who are these democrats trying to intimidate politically?
Old 11-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Sounds “Mostly Peaceful” to me
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Sounds “Mostly Peaceful” to me
we’re at a point where people
think it’s wrong for cops to shoot someone who on video, came at cops with a knife. we know the cops were retreating, telling him to drop
the knife. he had 100 chances to comply, but its all their fault because they were supposed to disarm him with karate moves.

brilliant.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

In New Jersey, a convoy of vehicles supporting President Trump has halted traffic on the Garden State Parkway.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In New Jersey, a convoy of vehicles supporting President Trump has halted traffic on the Garden State Parkway.
what does that have to do with this thread?
Old 11-02-2020, 01:16 AM   #6
scottw

it "demonstrates" peaceable assembly, fun, no arrests, no injuries, nobody threatened or dragged from their car and beaten, organized on a Sunday, in the rain when most people were home watching football....

it was everything a democrat rally/protest isn't

traffic was backed up due to the volume of trump supporters

"there were also backups along Route 9 as supporters waited to enter Veterans Park, which was the destination points for many of the caravans, supporters said."
Old 11-02-2020, 09:20 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Funny how the cops don’t show for Ya'll Qaeda, isn’t it?
Old 11-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Funny how the cops don’t show for Ya'll Qaeda, isn’t it?
driving with a trump flag on your car, is something cops are supposed to respond to now?
Old 11-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

No, but stopping traffic on a divided highway has gotten some people pushed along, tear gassed and arrested
Not Y’all Qaeda though
Old 11-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, but stopping traffic on a divided highway has gotten some people pushed along, tear gassed and arrested
Not Y’all Qaeda though
is that what they did?
Old 11-11-2020, 03:12 AM   #11
scottw

defund the police! c'mon man! shoot'em in the leg....police are not allowed to shoot at someone who is shooting at them!

Nov 10 IndyStar

Grand jury: No charges for IMPD officer who fatally shot Dreasjon Reed

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police officer who fatally shot 21-year-old Dreasjon Reed won’t face criminal charges, a grand jury has decided.

IMPD officer Dejoure Mercer shot Reed during a foot pursuit near West 62nd Street and Michigan Road on May 6.

The shooting sparked protests and demands from some that Mercer face consequences.

The ISP investigation concluded that Reed was armed, that he fired two shots after he had been tased by Mercer and that he was then shot multiple times by Mercer, including while they were facing each other.

The ISP also said evidence in Reed's phone indicated his involvement in two previous drive-by shootings — no one was injured — and that cartridges collected by IMPD in those shootings matched the gun that was in Reed's possession when he was shot.

Protesters rally in downtown Indianapolis on Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020, after it was announced that the IMPD officer who fatally shot 21-year-old Dreasjon Reed in May will not face criminal charges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	acc37805-ff10-4a8c-b1a8-4ec2328979e8-111020-INI_DreasjonReed_Grand_Jury_March-cb-14.jpeg
Views:	415
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	67470