Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-14-2020, 07:27 AM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Posturing aside, which is politics as usual, for this current administration to not help with the transition after a clear mandate by the voters is dangerous. With this virus running rampant again and our economy and national security tied to it, to not allow the Biden team access to key briefings and planning is a national security risk. The spoiled childlike behavior I expect from the thin skinned orange baby but it’s shocking so many Republicans are enabling this dangerous behavior.
this is posturing...
Old 11-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

you know...if you listen to what some elected democrats are actually saying along with some media members on the left etc...there are actually some calling for a reckoning for trump and his supporters

so I think you are projecting again
No they are suggesting elected officials comment and their choice to defend Trumps claims of fraud to be used against them in the future . Aka elections only right wingers hear prosecution

Like the Biden rule was used to excuse Republicans for pushing thru Amy’s appointment

tell me again who plotted to kill a Governor or who mailed explosives devices from a van.

But what’s absent in all your responses is where you stand on Trumps massive fraud claims 11 days after the elections, seeing what has and hasn’t been presented and if you agreed with Trump should pull of Saturday night massacre.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-18-2020, 07:04 AM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump is showing his keen business sense, as law firms drop out and refuse to litigate these baseless voter fraud cases, which ironically nobody has stated in court; Trump hires Rudy who hasn’t been in court in 30 years. If your paying an old out of his element crazy lawyer $20,000 per day, it’s no wonder he has filed for bankruptcy so many times.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:44 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Every second of this post election period is strengthening my conviction that the American experiment would not have survived another Trump term
Old 11-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Every second of this post election period is strengthening my conviction that the American experiment would not have survived another Trump term
It would never had been his fault Trumps base cult love for him wouldn’t allow it.

They think he stopped NK a they Think he fixed Iran They think he showed China they think he helped farmers, they loved his spending the think he rebuilt the military. And now they think the election was stolen all because

Trump said so..

Yet they demand to be respected and listened to. Because in their Eyes they are True Americans And not costal elites

Even with that term their knowledge of Where states are is comical

Since when is NV NM CO MN MI IL and GA been elites

Still you have the 2 Dakotas plus WY and MT all getting 12 electoral votes combined plus 8 Senate seats for a combined population of a tad over 2 million while Ma has 11 electoral votes 2 senators and a population of 6.7 million , talk about every States getting a participation Trophy sad that 2 million people over 4 states have more say then one state 5million more Americans

Republicans won’t change it they won’t swap equatable when the have the Advantage
Old 11-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #36
Jim in CT

yes pete, america could not have survived a second term. that’s why we were doing so poorly before the pandemic. how could we have handled four more years of that kind of peace and prosperity?
Old 11-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It would never had been his fault Trumps base cult love for him wouldn’t allow it.

They think he stopped NK a they Think he fixed Iran They think he showed China they think he helped farmers, they loved his spending the think he rebuilt the military. And now they think the election was stolen all because

Trump said so..

Yet they demand to be respected and listened to. Because in their Eyes they are True Americans And not costal elites

Even with that term their knowledge of Where states are is comical

Since when is NV NM CO MN MI IL and GA been elites

Still you have the 2 Dakotas plus WY and MT all getting 12 electoral votes combined plus 8 Senate seats for a combined population of a tad over 2 million while Ma has 11 electoral votes 2 senators and a population of 6.7 million , talk about every States getting a participation Trophy sad that 2 million people over 4 states have more say then one state 5million more Americans

Republicans won’t change it they won’t swap equatable when the have the Advantage
ask the democrats in the small
states if they want to do away with the electoral college, I’d sincerely be curious to know what they think.

wasn’t that long ago, when democratic presidential
candidates did just fine within the electoral college. the people in flyover country didn’t tell the DNC to march a million miles to the left, embracing late term abortions, open borders, student loan forgiveness, single payer healthcare, hating religion, reparations, green new deals, defunding the police, court stacking, etc...

if you want to embrace positions that people don’t like, there will be consequences. i hate to be the one to tell you.

They didn’t force Hilary to refer to them as deplorable and irredeemable. She put that in. scripted remark, it’s on her if people
didn’t like it.

here’s a shocking idea...since those people are americans too, maybe the dnc could adopt policies that are a bit more palatable to them.

Bill Clinton knew how to be everyone’s president. a good lesson for democrats and republicans alike.

the democrats will eventually run out of minorities to check off, and at some point they’ll have to nominate someone who will run on their policies, not their skin tone or genitalia.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-18-2020 at 10:59 AM..
Old 11-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Let’s speak frankly about the Republican position in the wake of this election: It is that the votes of black people are presumptively not legal votes.

It really is that simple.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yes pete, america could not have survived a second term. that’s why we were doing so poorly before the pandemic. how could we have handled four more years of that kind of peace and prosperity?
250K dead
11.4M cases
11M unemployed
A divided country

You’ve got John Cornyn saying

“It’s the president’s prerogative, but I think it just adds to the confusion and chaos and I’m sure I’m not the only one that would like some return to a little bit more of a—I don’t even know what’s normal anymore”

You think he’s doing a great job and want more?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #40
wdmso

Quote:
ask the democrats in the small
states if they want to do away with the electoral college, I’d sincerely be curious to know what they think.

wasn’t that long ago, when democratic presidential
candidates did just fine within the electoral college. the people in flyover country didn’t tell the DNC to march a million miles to the left, embracing late term abortions, open borders, student loan forgiveness, single payer healthcare, hating religion, reparations, green new deals, defunding the police, court stacking, etc...

if you want to embrace positions that people don’t like, there will be consequences. i hate to be the one to tell you.

They didn’t force Hilary to refer to them as deplorable and irredeemable. She put that in. scripted remark, it’s on her if people
didn’t like it.

here’s a shocking idea...since those people are americans too, maybe the dnc could adopt policies that are a bit more palatable to them.

Bill Clinton knew how to be everyone’s president. a good lesson for democrats and republicans alike.

the democrats will eventually run out of minorities to check off, and at some point they’ll have to nominate someone who will run on their policies, not their skin tone or genitalia.
I guess Republicans will never be short of white grievance race baiting lying candidates with guys like you supporting them with out question

And Why do conservatives see everything in absolute terms . They do it all the time .. wanting back ground checks is taking fire arms. Supporting a women’s right to choose , don’t respect life , against discrimination, is attacking religion

Talking about adjusting the electoral college or senate allotment , is seen as removing it

Is that all conservatives can to is lie as a counter argument. It’s beyond old

Last edited by wdmso; 11-18-2020 at 12:54 PM..
Old 11-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
I guess Republicans will never be short of white grievance race baiting lying candidates with guys like you supporting them with out question

And Why do conservatives see everything in absolute terms . They do it all the time .. wanting back ground checks is taking fire arms. Supporting a women’s right to choose , don’t respect life , against discrimination, is attacking religion

Talking about adjusting the electoral college or senate allotment , is seen as removing it

oh republicans are the race baiters? republicans are the ones who make an issue out of race. that’s what you’re saying?

i agree with you on background checks.

adjust the electoral college all you want, but it needs to be done by constitutional amendment, which means a large majority of the states need to agree to it. ain’t gonna happen. so again, the better strategy for democrats would be to abandon san francisco liberalism, and work with people
in the midwest instead of endlessly mocking them.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

no one is saying that opposing discrimination is attacking religion. what are you responding to?

Not allowing people to disagree with gay marriage for religious reasons, is absolutely attacking religion.

put it this way. when obama was president, a distribution company in michigan transported a lot of alcohol. their
muslim truck drivers refused to transport alcohol for religious reasons, and they were fired.

Obama’s labor department sued on their behalf and won. the obama
administration said that people
cannot be forced to abandon their religious beliefs while at work.

now, if that applies to muslim truck drivers, why doesn’t it apply to christian briers or christian photographers?

Answer - discrimination.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
no one is saying that opposing discrimination is attacking religion. what are you responding to?

Not allowing people to disagree with gay marriage for religious reasons, is absolutely attacking religion.

put it this way. when obama was president, a distribution company in michigan transported a lot of alcohol. their
muslim truck drivers refused to transport alcohol for religious reasons, and they were fired.

Obama’s labor department sued on their behalf and won. the obama
administration said that people
cannot be forced to abandon their religious beliefs while at work.

now, if that applies to muslim truck drivers, why doesn’t it apply to christian briers or christian photographers?

Answer - discrimination.
once again you do no research

A jury has awarded $240,000 to two Muslim men who say they were fired from an Illinois tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g company after refusing to deliver alcohol.

reasonable accommodation

again employer and employee are not seen the same under the law
Old 11-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
once again you do no research

A jury has awarded $240,000 to two Muslim men who say they were fired from an Illinois tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g company after refusing to deliver alcohol.

reasonable accommodation

again employer and employee are not seen the same under the law
So why doesn't that "resonable accommodation" apply to the Christian baker or photographer? Why can't the happy couple use anpther baker?

"again employer and employee are not seen the same under the law'

Who said they are the same? Can you go two seconds without accusing me of saying something I never came close to saying?
Old 11-18-2020, 10:06 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
So why doesn't that "resonable accommodation" apply to the Christian baker or photographer? Why can't the happy couple use anpther baker?

"again employer and employee are not seen the same under the law'

Who said they are the same? Can you go two seconds without accusing me of saying something I never came close to saying?
Christian baker or photographer?

You lack understanding of our laws against discrimination. Reading those would be a good start .

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-18-2020 at 10:23 PM..
Old 11-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Christian baker or photographer?

You lack understanding of our laws against discrimination. Reading those would be a good start .
Christian bakers and photographers have been penalized by states, for not participting in gay weddings.

So I will try to go very slowly here...

If Muslim truck drivers cannot be punished for refusing to abandon their religious beliefs while at work, why can the state punish Christians for refusing to abandon their religious beliefs while on the job?

If you still don't get it, i can't help you. It's very, very simple. Why doesn't the Christian baker enjoy the same freedom of religion, as the Muslim truck driver?
Old 11-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
Christian bakers and photographers have been penalized by states, for not participting in gay weddings.

So I will try to go very slowly here...

If Muslim truck drivers cannot be punished for refusing to abandon their religious beliefs while at work, why can the state punish Christians for refusing to abandon their religious beliefs while on the job?

If you still don't get it, i can't help you. It's very, very simple. Why doesn't the Christian baker enjoy the same freedom of religion, as the Muslim truck driver?
Read the law
Old 11-19-2020, 09:08 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Read the law
cowardly dodge.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
cowardly dodge.
Well, he's right...the two cases are totally different.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
cowardly dodge.
No it’s the truth.

Let’s just say you want to hire me for a charter we’ve never met your black I am white

And I say due to my religious beliefs and reasonable accommodation find another charter when you show up at the dock

Or if I hire someone to cut my grass they arrive seeing I am Jew , and say I can’t cut your Jew grass because my faith says the Jewish people as a whole were responsible for the death of Jesus,

Mind you extreme examples , and why a baker and photographer don’t have the protection an employee has

Your baker and photographer were willing to conduct business and changed course when they knew their customers perceived orientation

So Hobby lobby a self admitted Christian Company. Should be allowed to post on their door

The types of people they choose to sell to.. based on their religion.

Slippery slope and a relatively new legal argument created by Christian conservatives over the past 20 years

How Conservatives Are Weaponizing “Religious Liberty” to Allow Institutions to Discriminate

Look it up

Old 11-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
No it’s the truth.

Let’s just say you want to hire me for a charter we’ve never met your black I am white

And I say due to my religious beliefs and reasonable accommodation find another charter when you show up at the dock

Or if I hire someone to cut my grass they arrive seeing I am Jew , and say I can’t cut your Jew grass because my faith says the Jewish people as a whole were responsible for the death of Jesus,

Mind you extreme examples , and why a baker and photographer don’t have the protection an employee has

Your baker and photographer were willing to conduct business and changed course when they knew their customers perceived orientation

So Hobby lobby a self admitted Christian Company. Should be allowed to post on their door

The types of people they choose to sell to.. based on their religion.

Slippery slope and a relatively new legal argument created by Christian conservatives over the past 20 years

How Conservatives Are Weaponizing “Religious Liberty” to Allow Institutions to Discriminate

Look it up

gibberish.

if muslim truck drivers cant be forced to violate religious beliefs, neither can christian bakers.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:03 PM   #52
wdmso

Quote:
gibberish.

if muslim truck drivers cant be forced to violate religious beliefs, neither can christian bakers.
Truth is always Gibberish when that truth doesn't help your argument

keep it up
Old 12-12-2020, 10:15 PM   #53
RickBomba

Wow, you conspiracy theorists must have been pissed. It’s ok. 9th District of NY will sap all of the Fat Man’s funds relatively quickly.