Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-13-2020, 05:29 AM   #1
scottw

Oh Crap...

I've heard this opined on in different ways....van obviously spins it his way...very dramatically in fact...."extra innings"...question for van.....how is something that you just described as entirely Constitutional creating a "Constitutional crisis" ?

Last edited by scottw; 11-13-2020 at 05:35 AM..
Old 11-13-2020, 05:31 AM   #2
scottw

Old 11-13-2020, 06:15 AM   #3
scottw

so much irony.....

Aug. 26, 2020

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton said in a new interview that Joe Biden should not concede the 2020 presidential election “under any circumstances," anticipating issues that could prolong knowing the final outcome.

“Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances, because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch, and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is,” Clinton said in an interview with her former communications director Jennifer Palmieri for Showtime's “The Circus,” which released a clip Tuesday.

The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee predicted that among several scenarios, Republicans are going to try to “mess up absentee balloting” so that they could get a potentially narrow advantage in the Electoral College.

We've got to have a massive legal operation, I know the Biden campaign is working on that,” she said. “We have to have poll workers, and I urge people, who are able, to be a poll worker. We have to have our own teams of people to counter the force of intimidation that the Republicans and Trump are going to put outside polling places. This is a big organizational challenge, but at least we know more about what they're going to do.”

Clinton said she thinks that the only way Trump could win re-election is “by either suppressing or stopping voting, or outright intimidating people into feeling that they have to go with the strong guy to stand up against all these threats that Trump is going to gin up to scare people.”

She also suggested that Biden should be more aggressive in his fight against Trump.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:43 AM   #4
Nebe

President Biden. Vice President Harris.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-13-2020, 08:09 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
President Biden. Vice President Harris.

you should send this to van...he seems a bit perplexed
Old 11-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #6
PaulS

I guess Hillary was right. If Biden listened to Trump, he should have conceded election night bc Trump was ahead. Watching all the Rep. leadership not saying anything proves they are deplorables.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:46 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess Hillary was right. If Biden listened to Trump, he should have conceded election night bc Trump was ahead. Watching all the Rep. leadership not saying anything proves they are deplorables.
you know who doesn't believe that weekend at biden's actually got that many votes?.....Hillary
Old 11-13-2020, 08:50 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

With the clear projection of AZ for Biden last night, it's time for the media—and nation's leaders—to dramatically change their tone about Trump's refusal to accept Biden as the president-elect. This isn't him being in denial anymore; he's hoping to overturn an election.
The noise about ongoing lawsuits and recounts in PA and GA is meaningless. Neither state is necessary to Biden's victory anymore. There is no longer any path for a Trump victory without throwing out HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of legitimate votes.
Last night, the nation's two major election watchers—the fed's#^&CISA and state Secretaries of States—affirmed this was a safe, secure, legitimate election. No meaningful fraud, let alone anything close to the scale now needed to overturn the election.#^&
That means what we are seeing now is an attempted coup—a lazy, ham-handed, and disorganized one, yes, but what else should we call Trump's ongoing hope to overturn a free, democratic election? Every hour that he drags this out pulls us now deeper into crisis.
Trump is stalling the transition and endangering our nation's health, as well as national and economic security. The GOP must speak up—and speak out. The private sector needs to lean on GOP officials. The nation's media needs to cease with the "unlikely path to Trump victory" talk.
Trump's actions need to be seen for what they are: An attempt to overturn a legitimate election. There is no middle ground. We all need to work now to preserve America's democracy and its institutions, including a peaceful and smooth transition of power.
Yes, Trump may just be fundraising to cover debts or build his brand for TrumpTV or whatever comes next. Yes, he might just be a toddler having a tantrum. But the GOP's willingness to tolerate this makes it dangerous. And the party is now aiding and abetting American adversaries.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #9
wdmso

All conservatives shows radio you tube fox are running the same thing well Hillary said This ... Hillary ? Really they run back to The Clinton’s as a defense of an excuse why Trump isn’t conceding,, They Tried the same thing comparing Bush Vs Gore as the equal to Trumps legal challenges , with some members echoing the same thing

They need to Admit what they saw at rallies was an illusion a TV show and all their screams of voter enthusiasm didn’t pan out because Trump motivated or energized others out side his base against him because his message
At His rallies ..
Old 11-13-2020, 10:14 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Your desperate.. talk about spinning

We all know how this works ..

But this is not just about Trump conceding the election we know that you know that and your you tube guy knows that .

But again why should facts matter

PS Van John’s Ted talk was in October that’s before the election by the way . He’s just outlining how Trump and his co conspirators will throw away 200 hundred years of norms and traditions to stay in Power .. based on it’s not written,,,And they call themselves Americans.

Last edited by wdmso; 11-13-2020 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Oh crap, now two law firms helping Trump contest the election have quit in the past three days.
But he’s got Bondi, Giuliani, Jordan, Cruz and his soon to be son-in-law Matt Goatz
Old 11-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Your desperate.. talk about spinning

?...two guys with obviously different politics saying the exact same thing...how is that spinning?
Old 11-13-2020, 11:23 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

AZ can't be recounted (Campaigns can't ask for recounts, and Biden's margin is too big for an automatic recount.)

AZ gives Biden 270 EVs without PA & GA.

In other words, all the litigation in PA & GA can't change the outcome.

Send Tweety more money, he’s still fighting with the portion over $5K
Old 11-13-2020, 06:17 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump is experiencing what many Americans have in 2020, he got Covid due to ignorance, lost his job and is about to be evicted.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

306-232.
160,000 cases today
What are we waiting for?