Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
Rob Rockcrawler

This election is going to be a tough decision for me. Ive voted for both parties in the past. I want some change but don't see it happening. The congress is so whacked right now i cant see anything meaningful get done.
The two choices we really have are Newt, Mitt or the big O. Newt is a really smart guy and has some good ideas but the pandering to the Right makes me swallow vomit every time i hear it. Mitt does not show confidence, he looks nervous to me. I have a hard time believing what he says. He doesn't just pander to the right, he just panders. He seems like a moderate at times that takes huge turns to the right but then comes back to the middle. As a business man i dont really know if he was that successful or not. Running the Olympics is running a country, its not even in the same ball park, it aint even the same game.
Ron Paul is a whack who i respect. I like a lot of his ideas, but if they were all put in place i shutter to think what would actually happen. Isolationism isn't a bad thing. I think he is the only one who think Israel should be on their own.
On the social issues... Do they really matter at all right now? Isn't getting the economy back on track more important than abortion etc. I didn't lose my guns when Obama got elected like it was warned by so many. Gay marriage, whatever... The only issue i really care about and its not really a social issue is Social Security. I have been paying into it for a long time, and damn it i better get mine when i retire and i don't mean when i am 87 years old.
When it comes to fidelity in office i really don't care. Clinton did a good job and had his on the side, Newt on the side, JFK, lots on the side. When you are a person in power no matter what the job the opportunities with women present themselves. I don't care if you take advantage of the situation, it shouldn't come out in public. If it does just admit to it. Its not usually that big of a deal unless you are John Edwards, he really botched it up.

I usually stay out of the political forum but im bored and bitter that im not at the rod building class right now. Friggin snow...

Everything is better on the rocks.