Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-27-2022, 01:18 PM   #31
detbuch

So the discussion, debate, shifts from immigrants being here illegally to where they should be placed to live here. This is some crazy $hit.
Old 12-27-2022, 02:40 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So the discussion, debate, shifts from immigrants being here illegally to where they should be placed to live here. This is some crazy $hit.
and they should be placed where rich democrats never have to see them.
Old 12-27-2022, 03:38 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Since their unexpected arrival last month — and following a brief stay at Joint Base Cape Cod — 47 of the Martha’s Vineyard migrants have found housing in Massachusetts.

“They are now living in Lowell, Brockton, Stoughton, Provincetown, and other towns on Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard,” Iván Espinoza-Madrigal, executive director of Lawyers for Civil Rights (LCR), confirmed in an email to Boston.com. The non-profit legal organization is representing several of the migrants.

Last week, the Texas sheriff leading an investigation into the migrants’ transport from San Antonio to Martha’s Vineyard certified that the migrants were all victims of a crime.

The certifications from Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar’s office open the door for the migrants to apply for U-visas, special visas only available to victims of certain crimes. Salazar previously asserted that the migrants were lured onto the flights under false pretenses.

LCR also filed a class action lawsuit last month against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — who took credit for the flights — and other “accomplices.”

Documents released on Friday show that top staffers in the DeSantis administration, including Chief of Staff James Uthmeier, were directly involved in the transport, Politico reported.
In the two weeks leading up to the flights, Uthmeier sent texts and had phone calls with Larry Keefe, Florida’s public safety czar, according to Politico. The messages make it clear that Keefe was on the ground in Texas to help coordinate the flights — with Uthmeier’s full support, the news outlet reported.

“Wheels up,” Keefe reportedly texted Uthmeier the day of the first flight to Martha’s Vineyard.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-27-2022, 03:49 PM   #34
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wait until the GOP takes over the congress, they will finally get this all sorted out, I'm sure Trump left them the playbook to get this immigration problem solved once and for all.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:17 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Go ahead and admit it.
Not in my backyard but you think it’s ok to dump all over the country where you and those that think like you are not effected !
Mass get plenty of migrants sounds like you never heard of Springfield Fall River Worcester..

Yet You are the one screaming scared yelling not in my backyard not me .

I support treating people with dignity and respect .

So how you twist that into some how being un American
Old 12-27-2022, 04:25 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so there no big number of people crossing at places other than legal checkpoints. No crisis of rapes at illegal entry points on the mexican side. No problem with fentanyl getting smuggled in at illegal
crossing points.

you should have your own newsletter to set the record straight. You really owe it to the rest of us. all the border agents are lying, all the footage of people
crossing the tip grande are fake ( unless there are a legal checkpoint that requires folks to wade across the river first.

it’s a completely manufactured crisis. No legitimacy to it.
I love this comment coming from a Jan 6th who claims it didn’t happen and all the testimony was fake, but now suddenly you want to use video as proof on the border

(the border agents are lying, all the footage of people)

As if you give a damn about migrants women getting raped you won’t even condemn Abbot for his actions

And fentanyl isn’t coming in on the backs of migrants, but nice try
Old 12-27-2022, 04:28 PM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
If their on a bus they have legal status. Not sure how that’s a hard concept to understand
Old 12-27-2022, 04:43 PM   #38
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE=wdmso;1236722]Mass get plenty of migrants sounds like you never heard of Springfield Fall River Worcester..

You are making my point for me.
They dump them off in Springfield,Fall River, Worcester….
ALL #^&#^&#^&#^&HOLES !!!
A few bus loads gets shipped to the Vinyard and Baker sends the national guard to get them out !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 12-27-2022, 04:43 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
If their on a bus they have legal status.
Wow . . . the illegal immigrants should immediately hop a bus when they cross the border . . . and stay on it . . . they could take up residence there and always have legal status . . .
Old 12-27-2022, 04:53 PM   #40
PaulS

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie;1236725]
Quote:
Mass get plenty of migrants sounds like you never heard of Springfield Fall River Worcester..

A few bus loads gets shipped to the Vinyard and Baker sends the national guard to get them out !
So your arguement (I think) is that whereever tx or fl decides to send them is where they need to stay? If they are dropped off in the freezing cold with no clothes other than what is on their back in Greenwich Ct they are supposed to be kept there? Dropped off in Wellesley Ma - they get apartments in Wellesely! Dropped off in Barrington RI - they get apartments in Barrington.

Old 12-27-2022, 05:28 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
Wow . . . the illegal immigrants should immediately hop a bus when they cross the border . . . and stay on it . . . they could take up residence there and always have legal status . . .
There not illegal when they cross at a point of entry. Maybe you need to go watch a few YouTube videos to educate yourself on the process
Old 12-27-2022, 05:41 PM   #42
wdmso

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie;1236725]
Quote:

Classic the only place immigrants live are #^&#^&#^&#^&. Holes

Not a student of history are you. All those cities and many more have always been immigrant cities from Irish Italian Portuguese Puerto Rican Cuban Nigerian Vietnamese Afghan..

. Next you’ll suggest sending them to Block island . Then complain when they get relocated because there are no facilities to house them

What new lies will you tell in 2023.

First it was dominion voting machines and dead people, that couldn’t be proven. Then it was 2000 mules which was totally debunked.A touch of Maricopa county election hacking which was totally unproven. Then they blamed QR codes. Now it’s all about Twitter. I wonder what the election deniers and the invasion
Old 12-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #43
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

[QUOTE=wdmso;1236730]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

Classic the only place immigrants live are #^&#^&#^&#^&. Holes

Not a student of history are you. All those cities and many more have always been immigrant cities from Irish Italian Portuguese Puerto Rican Cuban Nigerian Vietnamese Afghan..

. Next you’ll suggest sending them to Block island . Then complain when they get relocated because there are no facilities to house them

What new lies will you tell in 2023.

First it was dominion voting machines and dead people, that couldn’t be proven. Then it was 2000 mules which was totally debunked.A touch of Maricopa county election hacking which was totally unproven. Then they blamed QR codes. Now it’s all about Twitter. I wonder what the election deniers and the invasion
RR’s opinions shouldn’t surprise anyone, he is our resident super narcissist and Trump mini me.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:41 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
There not illegal when they cross at a point of entry. Maybe you need to go watch a few YouTube videos to educate yourself on the process
I was just making a little funny. Your comment "If their on a bus they have legal status" made me laugh.

BTW, not all of them crossed at a point of entry. Regarding those that were bussed to other cities, a google search (not youtube--gee golly I educated myself with something other than youtube, which, actually I do often) stated "Tens of thousands of migrants who cross the border illegally from Mexico are released in the United States each month with notices to appear in immigration court to pursue asylum . . ." This was directly in regards to the question if those that have been bussed elsewhere were here legally.

So the "legal status" you referred to, for many, if not most, is temporary, and many, if not most, will be sent back to whence they came if the law is followed properly.

Unless they just remained on the bus forever, as you said, "If they're on a bus they have legal status."
Old 12-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Never said that they should and I can understand them sending busloads of people north but they are doing it in a way that inflicts maximum hurt on those people. NYC mayor adams asked to be notified when the buses would arrive and they won't do it. What is the downside to doing it other than it doesn't inflict as much damage on those people.
i didn’t mean to claim you think they should ( i’m confident you don’t believe that, but wayne thinks that, because he thinks the crisis is all a right wing myth) but the fact is, they are. They bear the brunt of this. it’s not even close to fair.

havent the feds bussed and flown these people around in the middle of the night as well? but that’s ok?

Agreed, they should be told they’re coming. That’s not much to ask!

Every state should have to take a proportionate share. Nothing unfair about that. But the islanders on the Vineyard had no interest in that. They claim they have no infrastructure for them. Who does?

Hard to believe we can’t agree that it’s a good idea to have a sealed up border. But the two sides can’t agree even in that.

Anyway hope you guys had a good holiday and enjoy an awesome 2023.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:18 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
the fact that no one on the left is calling the southern states and saying “send some to us, we want them” tells us what we need to honor about the hollow, empty virtue signaling.

Keep thinking Jim they all stay in Texas and Arizona you love staying away from facts why is that?

So now you’re blaming other states for not reaching out to Texas

Wow more deflection in an attempt to dismiss defend and support Abbott disgusting behavior . By blaming others not surprised

Here are the 10 states with the highest percentage of immigrants:
California - 26.60%
New Jersey - 23.00%
New York - 22.30%
Florida - 21.20%
Hawaii - 18.80%
Nevada - 18.40%
Massachusetts - 17.60%
Texas - 17.20%
that’s legal immigrants, right? data that doesn’t include illegals, is meaningless.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:25 AM   #47
PaulS

Quote:

Every state should have to take a proportionate share. Nothing unfair about that. But the islanders on the Vineyard had no interest in that. They claim they have no infrastructure for them. Who does?

Hard to believe we can’t agree that it’s a good idea to have a sealed up border. But the two sides can’t agree even in that.
But if Abbott sent EVERY busload to the vineyard you and Ronnie's arguement seem to be that they should ALL be allowed to stay there.

Both sides need to agree on comprehensive immigration reform from border security to visas to allowing PHD students we train to stay here - and more.
Old 12-28-2022, 09:26 AM   #48
wdmso

Quote:
that’s legal immigrants, right? data that doesn’t include illegals, is meaningless.
Ya Jim you’re back to you (what about the ones we don’t know )

They go we’re other immigrants live it not rocket science And actually the data doesn’t s specify legal or illegal.

Your a numbers guy. Why would you think un documented people would change those % by any meaningful percentage points

Estimates of the number of undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. range from 10.5 million to 12 million, or approximately 3.2%–3.6% of the population.

so Jim you and republicans need to make up your minds and stop moving the goalposts

Is it a broken immigration system, or is it securing the same border Trump left Biden. That now it’s magically open ? Or is it dems importing Votes , or is it fentanyl

Hell now Republicans are cheering the SCJ legislating from the bench

Gorsuch is suddenly a Rino for stating the Truth

In his written dissent, Gorsuch, a Trump appointee, said he did not discount the states’ concerns about a potential border crisis but said “the emergency” on which the Title 42 orders were adopted “has long since lapsed.”

“For my part, I do not discount the States’ concerns,” wrote Gorsuch, who was joined by Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson. “But the current border crisis is not a COVID crisis. And courts should not be in the business of perpetuating administrative edicts designed for one emergency only because elected officials have failed to address a different emergency. We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort.”
Old 12-28-2022, 09:37 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But if Abbott sent EVERY busload to the vineyard you and Ronnie's arguement seem to be that they should ALL be allowed to stay there.

Both sides need to agree on comprehensive immigration reform from border security to visas to allowing PHD students we train to stay here - and more.
i’d never seriously say that martha’s vineyard should take them all. They couldn’t come close to all fitting there. But the optics were pretty funny that the wealthiest liberals to be found who advocate for these policies, called in the military to get them the hell off their little exclusive island enclave. “not in my backyard” kind of a thing.

Paul, i have said many times the GOP is too pigheaded and extremist when it comes to guns. I’d say the same thing about democrats when it comes to border security.

If people like you were in congress, you’d figure it out before lunch on the first day. Because it’s not hard to figure out border security if you are guided by logic rather than by partisan rhetoric. I’d bet there are very few western developed nations that are as far away as we are, from dealing with it. Because we elect whores instead of problem
solvers, and that applies to both sides.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:22 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ya Jim you’re back to you (what about the ones we don’t know )

They go we’re other immigrants live it not rocket science And actually the data doesn’t s specify legal or illegal.

Your a numbers guy. Why would you think un documented people would change those % by any meaningful percentage points

Estimates of the number of undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. range from 10.5 million to 12 million, or approximately 3.2%–3.6% of the population.

so Jim you and republicans need to make up your minds and stop moving the goalposts

Is it a broken immigration system, or is it securing the same border Trump left Biden. That now it’s magically open ? Or is it dems importing Votes , or is it fentanyl

Hell now Republicans are cheering the SCJ legislating from the bench

Gorsuch is suddenly a Rino for stating the Truth

In his written dissent, Gorsuch, a Trump appointee, said he did not discount the states’ concerns about a potential border crisis but said “the emergency” on which the Title 42 orders were adopted “has long since lapsed.”

“For my part, I do not discount the States’ concerns,” wrote Gorsuch, who was joined by Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson. “But the current border crisis is not a COVID crisis. And courts should not be in the business of perpetuating administrative edicts designed for one emergency only because elected officials have failed to address a different emergency. We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort.”
i think gorsuch has a point, but i don’t know if we know that covid isn’t still a crisis among people
who are crossing illegally.

in any event, unlike you, i don’t expect those on my side to tow the line 100% of the time. i like people who think, not sheep who bleat what they are told.

I love Gorsuch.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:43 AM   #51
wdmso

Title 42 has been used by the federal government to expel asylum seekers without a hearing since the Trump administration instituted it in March 2020. It was never about Covid and all Republicans attorneys generals are in collusion to keep a policy in place they know is being illegally

Title 42 expulsions are removals by the U.S. government of persons who have recently been in a country where a communicable disease was present. The extent of authority for contagion-related expulsions is set out by law in 42 U.S.C. § 265.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:53 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Title 42 has been used by the federal government to expel asylum seekers without a hearing since the Trump administration instituted it in March 2020. It was never about Covid and all Republicans attorneys generals are in collusion to keep a policy in place they know is being illegally

Title 42 expulsions are removals by the U.S. government of persons who have recently been in a country where a communicable disease was present. The extent of authority for contagion-related expulsions is set out by law in 42 U.S.C. § 265.
If it were illegal, any number of lefty organizations would have sued on their behalf and won.

Trump did it, therefore in your mind it MUST be illegal and immoral.

Here's a radical idea...you want to enter a country, follow their rules and do it legally, not necessarily the way that's most convenient for you at the time! Crazy I know!
Old 12-28-2022, 10:58 AM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
i think gorsuch has a point, but i don’t know if we know that covid isn’t still a crisis among people
who are crossing illegally.

in any event, unlike you, i don’t expect those on my side to tow the line 100% of the time. i like people who think, not sheep who bleat what they are told.

I love Gorsuch.
I don't think Wayne understands what legislating from the bench is. Gorsuch was doing the opposite of that. His choice was to strike down a policy, not create one.

And he also pointed out even though the border crisis, in his opinion, was no longer a Covid one, that it is still a crisis. Don't see how any of that makes him a Rino as Wayne implied. Republicans ("Conservatives") would agree with Gorsuch that, in his words, "We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort.” As well, they would agree, as they have been vociferously saying, that the border situation is a crisis.

Democrats (Progressives), on the other hand, for the past hundred years, have acted as if the Court should create policies. And they have a problem with admitting that there is any unusual crisis at the border--nor do they seem anxious to stem the tide of border crossers.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #54
Doover

Send a message via AIM to Doover
Democrats were against Democrat written (Republican passed) 1964 Civil Rights Bill until Democrat LBJ discovered "N-worders will be voting Democrat for the next 200 years" behind receiving Government welfare.
Illegal aliens are nothing more than Democrat pawns so Democrats can continue to cheat elections.

ISAIAH 3:9

Romans 1:26-27
Old 12-28-2022, 12:14 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

In 2013 Dems passed a bipartisan immigration reform bill in the Senate.
House Republicans refused to allow the bill to even be debated.
Obama asked the Republicans to propose their own bill.
Republicans refused.
Then Republicans demanded Obama do something about illegal immigration!
So Obama used his executive authority to enact some immigration reforms.
Republicans were outraged and called him a tyrant for doing exactly what they asked him to do.
Because Republicans only know how to corrupt and destroy. Name one constructive thing the GOP has done in the last 10 years.
I’m listening…
Old 12-28-2022, 12:37 PM   #56
Doover

Triggering youse.

Old 12-28-2022, 12:43 PM   #57
Doover

Democrats told President Reagan pass 'comprehensive immigration reform' and we'll send them all back next time.
Of course, lying, America hating, baby killing Democrats lied, as Democrats always do.
Name me one thing positive Tories/Democrats have EVER done for this County.

Old 12-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #58
wdmso

Quote:
I don't think Wayne understands what legislating from the bench is. Gorsuch was doing the opposite of that. His choice was to strike down a policy, not create one.

And he also pointed out even though the border crisis, in his opinion, was no longer a Covid one, that it is still a crisis. Don't see how any of that makes him a Rino as Wayne implied. Republicans ("Conservatives") would agree with Gorsuch that, in his words, "We are a court of law, not policymakers of last resort.” As well, they would agree, as they have been vociferously saying, that the border situation is a crisis.

Democrats (Progressives), on the other hand, for the past hundred years, have acted as if the Court should create policies. And they have a problem with admitting that there is any unusual crisis at the border--nor do they seem anxious to stem the tide of border crossers.
You really dont pay attention do you ... who voted to keep it? and are now legislating from the bench.. and republicans suddenly support it.

yes the daggers are already out for Gorsuch from the faithful who are disgusted he broke ranks ...

but please keep thinking that's not happening
Old 12-28-2022, 02:49 PM   #59
wdmso

Quote:
If it were illegal, any number of lefty organizations would have sued on their behalf and won.

Trump did it, therefore in your mind it MUST be illegal and immoral.

Here's a radical idea...you want to enter a country, follow their rules and do it legally, not necessarily the way that's most convenient for you at the time! Crazy I know!
Jim do you ever read

Sullivan’s ruling stems from a lawsuit filed in January 2021 by the American Civil Liberties Union and two Texas-based immigrant rights groups that argued Title 42 violated U.S. asylum laws and that the Trump administration used the pandemic as a pretext to invoke Title 42 and use it as an immigration tool.

Last month, Judge Emmet Sullivan of the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., ruled that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s use of the order to prevent people from accessing the asylum process is “arbitrary and capricious” and a violation of the law because it was not implemented properly.

Guess missed that

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., denied a request from 19 Republican-led states, including Texas, that had asked the three-judge panel to delay lifting the order — known as Title 42 — on Dec. 21. The judges said the states’ request came too late in the process. The states could appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

like I said to the republicans its about immigration not a disease
Old 12-28-2022, 02:52 PM   #60
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doover View Post
Democrats were against Democrat written (Republican passed) 1964 Civil Rights Bill until Democrat LBJ discovered "N-worders will be voting Democrat for the next 200 years" behind receiving Government welfare.
Illegal aliens are nothing more than Democrat pawns so Democrats can continue to cheat elections.

Another Cult member living in a fantasy.

Then showing us in writing its true Illegal aliens are nothing more than Democrat pawns so Democrats can continue to cheat elections.