Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-24-2022, 08:31 AM   #1261
Pete F.
Canceled

I think you could start with savings and loans in the 80’s
Then subprime loans 25 years later
Every time fewer white collar criminals go to jail, some even get cabinet positions
I expect the next one within a few years
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-24-2022, 04:03 PM   #1262
wdmso

it never ends

Donald Trump Sues Hillary Clinton Over 2016 Russian Collusion Allegations

Donald Trump on Thursday sued his rival in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Hillary Clinton, and several other Democrats, alleging that they tried to rig that election by tying his campaign to Russia.

that rich coming from the former who tried to Steal the Last election
Old 03-24-2022, 04:15 PM   #1263
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
it never ends

Donald Trump Sues Hillary Clinton Over 2016 Russian Collusion Allegations

Donald Trump on Thursday sued his rival in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Hillary Clinton, and several other Democrats, alleging that they tried to rig that election by tying his campaign to Russia.

that rich coming from the former who tried to Steal the Last election
It sure is ironic.

Curious, does it bother you that legacy media like the New York Times, as well as social media, buried and dismissed the Hunter Biden laptop story during the runup to the 2020 election? And only after the election, did we learn the laptop was legitimate?

The NYT said that people talking about the laptop were spreading Russian disinformation. We know there was zero validity to that.

Why do you suppose the New York Times and Twitter were so determined to prevent Americans from knowing the truth? Is it possible they wanted Biden to win so badly, that they suppressed the truth to help him win? Isn't that interfering with an election?

Yes it is. But you don't care when democrats do it.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:50 PM   #1264
wdmso

they suppressed the truth

Jim you or I have no Idea what the Truth is with that laptop .. that's the only thing that is True .

this Just Kennedys Magic bullet

Hunter Biden allegedly showed up at a computer repair shop with three water-damaged laptop computers. According to John Paul Mac Isaac,(WHOS LEGALLY BLIND) the proprietor of that shop, one of the three computers was beyond repair, one simply needed an external keyboard and one required data recovery. Mac Isaac recovered the data, but no one ever came to pick the machine up. Eventually the data from the computer made its way to Rudolph W. Giuliani, Donald Trump’s personal attorney. It was Giuliani that gave it to the Post.

Yep thats sound very Convenient .. and Fanstacial ...

But Conservatives do tend to fall for Fanstacial claims its a pattern of behaviour
Old 03-24-2022, 08:19 PM   #1265
Jim in CT

Quote:

Jim you or I have no Idea what the Truth is with that laptop .. that's the only thing that is True
the new york times now say it was a legitimate story. “legitimate” means the new york times is saying it was true. So not sure what you’re referring to.
Old 03-25-2022, 07:40 AM   #1266
wdmso

Virginia Thomas urged White House chief to pursue unrelenting efforts to overturn the 2020 election, texts show
In messages to Chief of Staff Mark Meadows in the weeks after Election Day, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas called Biden’s victory “the greatest Heist of our History” and told him that President Donald Trump should not concede.

Wow
Old 03-25-2022, 07:45 AM   #1267
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the new york times now say it was a legitimate story. “legitimate” means the new york times is saying it was true. So not sure what you’re referring to.
Jim read up on what’s called chain of custody, I bet you could get a car FAX on one of Hunters used cars if you tried hard enough

Still waiting on the crime you suggest is hidden in the laptop or the hard drive seems 3 were involved by the blind repair guy so do you know which of the 3 they have ? Or all 3?
Old 03-25-2022, 07:47 AM   #1268
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim read up on what’s called chain of custody, I bet you could get a car FAX on one of Hunters used cars if you tried hard enough

Still waiting on the crime you suggest is hidden in the laptop or the hard drive seems 3 were involved by the blind repair guy so do you know which of the 3 they have ? Or all 3?
So you have evidence that the New York Times is wrong, when they say the story is legitimate. You know more about this, than the New York Times.
Old 03-25-2022, 07:55 AM   #1269
wdmso

Quote:
So you have evidence that the New York Times is wrong, when they say the story is legitimate. You know more about this, than the New York Times.
Conservatives are acting out a scene from zoolander

You get 3 laptops which files in them that will show or say what?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A9D8D2F1-8AD2-4875-81A2-A79AD1D602F1.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	583.0 KB
ID:	68801  
Old 03-25-2022, 09:11 AM   #1270
Jim in CT

Quote:
Conservatives are acting out a scene from zoolander

You get 3 laptops which files in them that will show or say what?
just going by what the NYT is saying. that’s a dead story, it mattered during the election and the left buried it.

this isnt why we give the press special constitutional
protections though.
Old 03-25-2022, 03:10 PM   #1271
wdmso

Quote:
just going by what the NYT is saying. that’s a dead story, it mattered during the election and the left buried it.

this isnt why we give the press special constitutional
protections though.
let me guess your saying running or not running a story Is election interference ?

or Am I missing something? And wasn't the story ran? during the election I am Sure fox news covered it...

But still Havent seen what information was on the laptop . that you seem would have changed the election

yet Trump asking Ukraine for Dirt on Biden was what? Acceptable ? or Just politics
Old 03-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #1272
Jim in CT

Quote:
let me guess your saying running or not running a story Is election interference ?

or Am I missing something? And wasn't the story ran? during the election I am Sure fox news covered it...

But still Havent seen what information was on the laptop . that you seem would have changed the election

yet Trump asking Ukraine for Dirt on Biden was what? Acceptable ? or Just politics
you think the fact that they buried the story during the election, and then later admitted the story was legit, had nothing to do with the election?

whatever…
Old 03-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #1273
Pete F.
Canceled

Trumplicans: How dare you lump in Clarence Thomas with the actions of his wife.

Same Trumplicans: HUNTER'S LAPTOP
Old 03-26-2022, 07:55 AM   #1274
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trumplicans: How dare you lump in Clarence Thomas with the actions of his wife.

Same Trumplicans: HUNTER'S LAPTOP
Pete: trump is to be blamed for the actions of those who vote for him. But hunters emails about shady dealings in ukraine where his dad was obama’s point man, aren’t worth mentioning.

That’s principled.
Old 03-26-2022, 08:06 AM   #1275
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete: trump is to be blamed for the actions of those who vote for him. But hunters emails about shady dealings in ukraine where his dad was obama’s point man, aren’t worth mentioning.

That’s principled.
Mark Meadows cell phone is everything Trumplicans wish Hunter Biden’s laptop was.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-26-2022, 08:07 AM   #1276
wdmso

Trump accidentally proves that the Clinton campaign wasn’t the driving force of the Russia probe
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-russia-probe/

the warrant obtained against Page has been moved to the center of that effort. It is true that the warrant pointed to the dossier as a reason for surveilling Page. But the warrant was obtained after Page had already left the campaign as a result of news reports about his activities during his trip to Moscow — reports that stemmed from information in the dossier.

Yep that was the only thing the steel dossier prompted was looking into Carter page

facts and timelines are once again shinning a light and destroying the Trump and his follower narratives . And now Trump is doing it via a lawsuit… 😂

Why I am not surprised
Old 03-26-2022, 08:17 AM   #1277
wdmso

Quote:
you think the fact that they buried the story during the election, and then later admitted the story was legit, had nothing to do with the election?

whatever…
That’s not my question are you calling it election interference?

To be clear I do not . nor do I see Trump asking for Dirt on Biden as election interference . But as Abuse of Power .

And just because a news outlet Did or did not running the same story as other outlets .

The story was run , any news consumer was not blocked or restricted in finding the story! A Goggle search would have provided the user with all available and current reports..

I just think your chasing the Press is the enemy Rabbit , and this proves it

Last edited by wdmso; 03-26-2022 at 08:50 AM..
Old 03-26-2022, 08:46 AM   #1278
Pete F.
Canceled

With daily revelations incriminating Trump, his advisers & staff, GOP members of Congress, FOX, radical activist Ginni Thomas & her spouse Clarence Thomas in the 2020 coup attempt, it turns out that Hillary Clinton was correct in saying there was "a vast rightwing conspiracy."
Old 03-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #1279
Jim in CT

Quote:
That’s not my question are you calling it election interference?

To be clear I do not . nor do I see Trump asking for Dirt on Biden as election interference . But as Abuse of Power .

And just because a news outlet Did or did not running the same story as other outlets .

The story was run , any news consumer was not blocked or restricted in finding the story! A Goggle search would have provided the user with all available and current reports..

I just think your chasing the Press is the enemy Rabbit , and this proves it
yes, the media ( except foxnews) obviously was reporting in a way to help the democrat get elected. they’ve been doing that without trying to hide it, since bush was in office. there are studies that show the percentage of positive and negative coverage each network gives to presidents and people
running for president. the data could not be more clear.

foxnews is in the bag for the gop. every single other tv station and newspaper and social
media platform, acts as the PR wing for the democrats. that’s not really debatable.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:06 PM   #1280
spence

Quote:
y
foxnews is in the bag for the gop. every single other tv station and newspaper and social media platform, acts as the PR wing for the democrats. that’s not really debatable.
Are you ok?
Old 03-26-2022, 01:29 PM   #1281
Pete F.
Canceled

Yea it is debatable and deplorable

In the Before Times, there were boundaries. There were spoken and unspoken rules of behavior. I'm not the first to observe that the Ginny Thomas story is being greeted by utter silence -- if not outright approval -- on the right.

"So what?" is the reaction.

Others have posed the counterfactual I will add below, but it's important to think this one through given the New Rules.

Imagine for a moment what the Republicans would say if the spouse of a Supreme Court Justice nominated by a Democrat joined in a conspiracy to overthrow a free and fair American election. Imagine she or he was part of a conspiracy to launch a violent, shock-and-awe attack on the Capitol in its furtherance.

An attack that led to lives lost, our Capitol desecrated.

Imagine their response as she was discovered in the days leading up to the attack to be texting and emailing a Democratic White House Chief of Staff, encouraging him to illegally overturn the election and promote lurid conspiracy nonsense.

Imagine she promoted the idea Republicans were "being arrested & detained for ballot fraud right now & over coming days, & will be living in barges off GITMO to face military tribunals for sedition.”

Now imagine her husband was the sole vote to protect the losing President from scrutiny.

I'll tell you what they'd do.

They'd burn Washington to the damn ground.

They'd salt the earth.

They'd call for sanctions, impeachment, removal.

Their powerful media apparatus would turn it into a 24/7 scandal story that would never ever disappear. Facebook would amplify (and monetize!) a million pages calling for the removal of said Justice.

They'd hold hearings and drag every person involved before them in a televised Great Spectacle. It would become a centerpiece of their messaging for ages. It would be a drumbeat about the corruption of the opposing party.

It would motivate no end of earnest op-eds from the gentry media.

The GOP silence now is telling. They've become masters are working the media refs. This isn't a trivial little scandal. It's real, it stinks, and it's outrageous.

Get ready for the reverse, a full embrace rather than shunning of Thomas. She'll be a martyr to Trumpism, heroic player in the stolen election narrative.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:38 PM   #1282
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Are you ok?
sure.

but if you deny that everyone other than fox is in the bag for democrats, you’re not.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:40 PM   #1283
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Are you ok?
harvard says i’m right, and that’s not even mentioning CNN and MSNBC!!

https://scholar.harvard.edu/barro/fi...almedia_bw.pdf
Old 03-26-2022, 01:55 PM   #1284
spence

Quote:
sure.

but if you deny that everyone other than fox is in the bag for democrats, you’re not.
Are you ok?
Old 03-26-2022, 03:06 PM   #1285
Pete F.
Canceled

He’s a victim, always
Old 03-26-2022, 05:07 PM   #1286
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

That’s principled.
Actually it’s disinformation propagated by the Russians

Russia rolling out that Hunter Biden and George Soros worked together to set up dangerous bio labs in Ukraine. It’s like a greatest hit mashup.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-26-2022, 05:31 PM   #1287
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

“Shock and Awe”
Old 03-26-2022, 06:21 PM   #1288
Pete F.
Canceled

Standing by for Trump to advise Putin to file for Bankruptcy on the Ukrainian invasion.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:55 AM   #1289
wdmso

Trump: If I Spied on Them, They'd Be Talking 'Treason,' 'Death Penalty

We are talking Treason it’s called trying to steal the election
Old 03-28-2022, 11:50 AM   #1290
Pete F.
Canceled

Federal judge orders Trump lawyer John Eastman to release emails to Jan. 6 committee — saying the court finds more likely than not Trump and Eastman “dishonestly conspired to obstruct the Joint Session of Congress.”