Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Because it is a violation of his oath of office, to ask a foreign government for assistance in his election"

You mean it's a violationwhen Trump did it, not when Obama did it.
No, not doing something is different than "do me a favor", it is legal. Bribery is not.

"I guess it would have been ok if instead of sending an official letter as members of Congress, they had asked Rudy to do it for them with the assistance of a couple hirelings of Russian Oligarchs "

Huh? Now you're saying what Trump did was wrong, because he didn't use official letterhead to make the request? Sure, that makes sense...You're talking absolute gibberish now.

No, I was being facetious. What Trump did "do me a favor" in return for aid was a violation of his oath of office. The Senators asking for aid to an official investigation of the US government was not.

"What evidence is there that Hunter Biden's hiring was in exchange for anything?"

So there's nothing to see, that Hunter got a very lucrative job on the board of a ukranian energy company. And he got that job not because his father was the Executive branch's point person in Ukraine, but because he was the most qualified for that job., based on getting kicked out of the Navy for drug use. And all the stories that the prosecutor was getting ready to look at this energy company are unfounded. They must be unfounded, because if it was legitimate, it would hurt the Bidens.

What is illegal about that? Unethical at best, but what law was broken? He doesn't have a wimpy CV prior to 2014.

After graduating from law school, Biden took a position at MBNA America, a major bank holding company which was also a major contributor to his father's political campaigns. By 1998, he had risen to the rank of executive vice president. From 1998 to 2001, he served in the United States Department of Commerce, focusing on ecommerce policy. Biden became a lobbyist in 2001, co-founding the firm of Oldaker, Biden & Belair. According to Adam Entous of The New Yorker, Biden and his father established a relationship in which "Biden wouldn't ask Hunter about his lobbying clients, and Hunter wouldn't tell his father about them." In 2006, Biden and his uncle, James Biden, attempted to buy Paradigm, a hedge-fund group, but the deal fell apart before completion. That same year, Biden was appointed by President George W. Bush to the board of directors of Amtrak; he was on the board of Amtrak from 2006 to 2009.

Later career, 2009–present
After his father was elected as vice president in 2008, Biden resigned from his position on the Amtrak board of directors and left his career as a lobbyist. Along with Christopher Heinz, stepson of John Kerry, and Devon Archer, Biden founded the investment firm Rosemont Seneca.

He also became an attorney with the law firm Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, and founded Eudora Global, a venture capital firm.

"Kelley told Trump that if he hired a yes-man, he would be impeached."

I love General Kelly.

"Things in Trumpland will crash fast"

You say so.

And let me take a wild guess. You predict that the IG report and Durhams report on the possible wrongdoings in the origins of the Russian probe, will be a nothingburger. The fact that Durham is a very accomplished prosecutor, and had this changed to a criminal probe, means nothing, that's just Trump being vindictive, it's not humanly possible that the Obama DOJ was acting as hired security for the Clinton campaign. You already know it's impossible, even though nothing in the investigations has been released. Do I have that right?
Now your Adderall is kicking in.
We will see what Durham finds won't we?
You certainly believe in a deep state plot.
Durham’s reputation as a professional prosecutor “known for his modesty and restraint” gives reason for hope that this criminal investigation isn’t a runaway, politically-motivated escapade.

Barr’s reputation as a shameless toady gives reason to suspect the opposite.

We simply don’t know which sensibility is driving the investigation.

We’ll know soon enough. But until then, it’s probably best not to read too much into this development.

Last edited by Pete F.; 10-29-2019 at 04:03 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Maybe since R's have no problem Trump can stipulate in Senate trial:
I asked Ukraine to find damaging material on Biden.
The aid and the meeting would not happen without a public statement from Ukraine's president.
I withheld the aid to encourage Ukraine to find information.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Ct
If Trump in fact committed an impeachable offense, I'd be happy to see him impeached, I like Pence a lot better. Nicer guy, more truly conservative.
Pence needs to join with Republicans to survive, Trump will drag him down with him.
“The people around the Vice President are increasingly worried because he has his own political ambitions. It's no secret to anyone that he aspires to potentially run some day for President, and this could wind up being a real blemish on him"

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2019, 06:27 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Pence needs to join with Republicans to survive, Trump will drag him down with him.
“The people around the Vice President are increasingly worried because he has his own political ambitions. It's no secret to anyone that he aspires to potentially run some day for President, and this could wind up being a real blemish on him"
wow, an anonymous quote. good enough for me.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Reminder, Vindman’s testimony doesn’t just impeach Trump.

It also impeaches Pompeo.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wow, an anonymous quote. good enough for me.
Pence's career is over -fittingly will go down with the Trump Titanic

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now your Adderall is kicking in.
We will see what Durham finds won't we?
In the thread I started about Durhams inquiry, all of the reliable lefties here, downplayed or dismissed the investigation, before a syllable has been released.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:08 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pence's career is over -fittingly will go down with the Trump Titanic
When is Trump going down?

I agree Pence is not electable as POTUS. Next up, my prediction, Nikki Haley. Then we'll see who is waging war on women.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:46 PM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Pretty sad that the desperate GOP mouth pieces and RNC media disparage a loyal patriot and someone willing to put his life on the line for OUR freedom, in order to discredit his honest accounting of the “perfect” call. The cover up is beginning to unravel and the distraction tactics will ramp up out of necessity.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

The White House Changed The Ukraine Call Memo To Cover Up Trump's Crimes
Old 10-30-2019, 03:22 AM   #41
Sea Dangles

🍔🤐
Old 10-30-2019, 04:16 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Pretty sad that the desperate GOP mouth pieces and RNC media disparage a loyal patriot and someone willing to put his life on the line for OUR freedom, in order to discredit his honest accounting of the “perfect” call. The cover up is beginning to unravel and the distraction tactics will ramp up out of necessity.
it would be fun to compile your predictions of doom
Old 10-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
When is Trump going down?

I agree Pence is not electable as POTUS. Next up, my prediction, Nikki Haley. Then we'll see who is waging war on women.
Surprised you like her
She won’t reduce our presence in the ME
NikkiHaley takes a thinly-veiled shot at Trump’s foreign policy: “It would be nicer and cheaper if the world didn’t need American leadership. Sadly, that’s not the world we live in.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-30-2019, 08:20 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:

NikkiHaley takes a thinly-veiled shot at Trump’s foreign policy: “It would be nicer and cheaper if the world didn’t need American leadership. Sadly, that’s not the world we live in.”

sounds like a thinly-veiled shot at the world
Old 10-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Supporters dont care it was on Fox or BREITBART it has to be True

Funny hearings for nixon Clinton Impeachments and benghazi probe were all conducted behind closed door .. Republicans complaining about precedence is laughable.. (and spewing revisionist history )

can you say Merrick Garland yet they have said if a vacancy occurs within the same time frame prior until the next election they will not wait until after the election so much for precedence

Republicans Accuse Colonel Vindman, a Jew Who Fled Soviet Persecution, of Dual Loyalty

“Here we have a U.S. national security official who is advising Ukraine while working inside the White House, apparently against the president’s interest,” Fox News host Laura Ingraham said on Monday night.

Only republicans get away with claiming to be patriots and attacking patriots... its always conspiracy after conspiracy supported by state new FOX
Old 10-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Surprised you like her
There isn’t anybody i’m going to agree with on every issue. She’s conservative, and in my opinion she’s electable. i don’t see how that’s a shot at trump. is trump saying the world doesn’t need us at all? you’re really obsessed.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:51 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
sounds like a thinly-veiled shot at the world
exactly.

but to him, everything is an excuse to attack trump. it’s something to see.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

I heard Trumps staff is going to start raising money for lawyers by selling Tshirts

Sondlands is first

I gave Trump a million for an Ambassadorship

All I got was this lousy perjury charge

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Surprised you like her
you can cherry pick with the best if ‘em.

i read her whole speech, she defended the president, specifically called out those undermining him, and she blasted those who deny america’s greatness, blasted those who rewrite our history, and specifically blasted those who call for open borders. those were explicit criticisms, not thinly veiled, and guess who they were aimed at?
Old 10-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s the twisted view
She’s doing the setup for Pence to resign, DJT to appoint her VP, Trump to resign/ make deal, she to pardon him. It’s gonna play that way. Too little too late, Nikki.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:22 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here’s the twisted view
She’s doing the setup for Pence to resign, DJT to appoint her VP, Trump to resign/ make deal, she to pardon him. It’s gonna play that way. Too little too late, Nikki.
earlier you were saying she was criticizing trump, now you’re saying she’s trying to get him to make her the VP?

i have news for you, trump is not resigning, not based on what we know right now. He’s going to be the candidate. take off your tin foil
hat, put down the kool
aid, and take a nice, deep breath. Trump may lose the election, but based on what we know right now, he is going to be the candidate, and Pence is likely to be the VP.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
earlier you were saying she was criticizing trump, now you’re saying she’s trying to get him to make her the VP?

i have news for you, trump is not resigning, not based on what we know right now. He’s going to be the candidate. take off your tin foil
hat, put down the kool
aid, and take a nice, deep breath. Trump may lose the election, but based on what we know right now, he is going to be the candidate, and Pence is likely to be the VP.
"Here’s the twisted view"

Of course, he has a transcript so exonerating it had to be edited.
Perfect conversation.......

More and more people will testify, then....

A few weeks of public hearings and the Draftdodger in chief will have called everyone in DC names on either side of the aisle.

Republicans are looking for the point when they can ship him out of DC and claim the high ground for doing so.

Notice the Senators other than the Trump mouthpieces are saying they don't want to comment since they will be jurors...gotta keep those options open.

Meanwhile he's sending Wilber Ross to sleep thru the East Asian Summit and U.S.-ASEAN Summit after pulling out of the TPP and leaving partners looking for stable trade deals, China is happy.

And in Africa, those #^&#^&#^&#^&hole countries, Putin hosted 40 countries in Sochi last week, has signed military agreements with half and has increased it's trade with Africa by almost 20% each year Trump has been in office.

His dream of signing a trade deal in Chile evaporated when they canceled the meeting.

Keep believing in the Stable Genius

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-30-2019, 03:30 PM   #53
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
it would be fun to compile your predictions of doom
Predicting Trump and his news station will go after anyone who comes out with truth that contradicts the narrative is so easy, I wish Vegas put odds on it I’d be buying a really big boat with captain and crew. Not much of a prediction to suggest the “no quid pro quo” narrative was eventually doomed to be dispelled.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:52 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Here’s the twisted view"

Of course, he has a transcript so exonerating it had to be edited.
Perfect conversation.......

More and more people will testify, then....

A few weeks of public hearings and the Draftdodger in chief will have called everyone in DC names on either side of the aisle.

Republicans are looking for the point when they can ship him out of DC and claim the high ground for doing so.

Notice the Senators other than the Trump mouthpieces are saying they don't want to comment since they will be jurors...gotta keep those options open.

Meanwhile he's sending Wilber Ross to sleep thru the East Asian Summit and U.S.-ASEAN Summit after pulling out of the TPP and leaving partners looking for stable trade deals, China is happy.

And in Africa, those #^&#^&#^&#^&hole countries, Putin hosted 40 countries in Sochi last week, has signed military agreements with half and has increased it's trade with Africa by almost 20% each year Trump has been in office.

His dream of signing a trade deal in Chile evaporated when they canceled the meeting.

Keep believing in the Stable Genius
if you think the gop wants him out, you’re clueless. he annihilated hilary, and is obviously their best shot at retaining the white house.

the american people
don’t want us making military commitments all over the world. that’s one reason why he won.

you criticize him when he fails to fulfill campaign promises ( the wall), and you criticize him when he exactly follows through on promises ( bringing troops home).

the gop leadership is also beyond thrilled with the judges he’s appointing. they aren't looking to show him the door.

id love to know where you get your news from.

you think more than 2-3 gop
senators will vote to convict, based on what we know right now? really?
Old 10-31-2019, 07:21 AM   #55
scottw

I heard democrat debbie dingbat state that they were not voting on impeachment today but they were voting to follow the facts...she also insisted that all of the testimony to date has been conducted in a classified setting....

these people are laughable....
Old 10-31-2019, 07:50 AM   #56
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
she also insisted that all of the testimony to date has been conducted in a classified setting....

these people are laughable....
Whats laughable about this? It seems like it has been done properly, until the GOP wingnuts decided to storm the secure room with their cellphones...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-31-2019, 07:58 AM   #57
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Whats laughable about this? It seems like it has been done properly, until the GOP wingnuts decided to storm the secure room with their cellphones...
so all of the leaked classified testimony came from the GOP wingnuts on their secure cell phones?
Old 10-31-2019, 08:02 AM   #58
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
so all of the leaked classified testimony came from the GOP wingnuts on their secure cell phones?
It's coming from 'sources', no different than during Bengahzi, Clinton impeachment, probably during Nixon. Most of the real info released so far have been the opening statements, not the testimony.

The republicans are running around trying to muddy the waters because they know what is being said behind closed doors in that testimony is not good for Trump et al.

We have him on record up and down stating the transcript is exact, and know there are multi witnesses, and I think Vindman is pretty credible, waiting for Bolton, that it was doctored to remove damaging phrases and context from the transcript to downplay 'Rudy's drug deal'

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-31-2019, 08:10 AM   #59
Sea Dangles

Oh no, I hope it’s nothing serious. 🙈
Old 10-31-2019, 08:18 AM   #60
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

We have him on record up and down stating the transcript is exact
I think what he's said is the the call was "perfect"...in terms of getting the ball rolling exposing all of this democrat wrongdoing...it was!