Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
The problem with subjects like politics and religion is that they are personal beliefs, and discussions become hostile and always seem to escalate to personal attacks. Countries go to war on the same subject matter. Personally, I would like to see this entire site wiped clean of anything not related to fishing or boating.
I have concerns about that boating stuff!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
I'm certain he will explain it clearly and honestly tonight in the state of the union address.
Me thinks I detect a touch of sarcasm there...
Old 01-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #33
Jim in CT

I think the pro-Obama camp has a point when they say, if your plan went up by X dollars, that doesn't mean that every cent of that is due to Obamacare. Health insurance costs were going up faster than inflation way before Obama took office.

That being said, there will be significant increases due specifically to Obamacare. Part of this is because Obamacare mandates significant increases in coverage. If your plan covers more, you have to pay more. Some of our increases will be to pay for the subsidies of others that Obamacare mandates.

No rational person can deny that Obamacare will increase our costs. My problem is, our Dear Leader claimed that the average family would see a $2500 decrease in out-of-pocket costs. And many here will not hold him accountable for that egregious lie. You can't cover millions more people, and increase coverage for everyone who is insured, and lower costs. Real life doesn't work that way. That may sound great in the faculty room at Harvard, but it doesn't fly in the real world. This is what happens when you elect someone who cannot differentiate between hypothesizing in the Harvard faculty room, and what works where the rubber hits the road.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #34
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Yes, the $2500 savings, you can keep your insurance, you can keep your Doctor
all promised so that people would feel good about the program, and re-elect him in 2012.
The worst part of these being false for older people, are not being able to keep your Doctor,
go to your choice of hospital, and the confusion of choosing a new plan.
Talk about pushing the old lady in the wheel chair over the cliff !

" Choose Life "
Old 01-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #35
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Me thinks I detect a touch of sarcasm there...
Yes sir. I despise the current administration and everything it stands for.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Talk about pushing the old lady in the wheel chair over the cliff !
I just don't understand how Obama can be SO wrong, SO often, and have a shred of credibility left. I mean, no one is right 100% of the time, and these are some tough issues. But the guy just stinks at this.

In the Senate, he said the Surge would not work in Iraq, he denied that it did work when everyone knew it did, and when even he couldn't deny it any longer, he said the surge exceeded everyone's expectations. Wrong. He got it wrong. But others, like McCain and Bush, correctly predicted what the Surge would do.

When Russia invaded South Ossetia in 2008, the citizens were fighting back against the Russians, and Obama said "both sides need to show restraint." Ths is a guy who cannot even tell the difference between the lion and the lamb, how stinking hard is that? You can't tell someone who is fighting back against an attacker to show restraint, it's the aggressor that needs to show restraint. When asked how he would handle things if he was President, Senator Obama said he'd appeal the UN for sanctions against Russia. One small problem, Russia is a member of the Security Council, and can therefore unilaterally veto anything, so Obama assumed he'd convince Russia to agree to sanction themselves? That was when he lost me for good, that was when I knew he was in way over his head.

He goes somewhere to convince the Olympic Committee to give Chicago a summer Olympics, and we are the first country eliminated (I'm pretty sure).

The stimulus. Obama said it would keep unemployment below 8%. Unemoloyment went above 10%, meaning he was off by millions and millions of jobs.

Obamacare. He said we would see an average savings of $2500 per year, and that we could keep our plans and doctors if we wanted.

He added trillions to the debt, yet median wages are down significntly during his presidency. So how can you say that money was spent wisely?

How do you defend that track record? How?! I've never seen anyone who was so wrong, so often.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
Yes sir. I despise the current administration and everything it stands for.
Me too brother!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #38
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Great move, they extend the Obamacare sign up time another two weeks, changing the law again.
Not too smart, people will be paying their premium or fine at the same time their income tax is due.
What a disaster, most people paying for something they don't want.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #39
FishermanTim

He is single-handedly doing everything in his power to destroy this country.

hey, but at least we've got intelligent voters and honest politicians to rely on to right the ship....Oh wait, that's wrong too!!!

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

It could be worse, you could live In VT.
My family plan was mostly paid by my employer, we paid 15$ a week. The cost for self insurance for the company averaged 6K per employee. They now pay 10K and my share is $100 per week for a significantly worse plan.
My one prescription was $10 for 90 days the first time, now it is $16, things went up.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #41
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

You can keep your insurance if you like it-
You can keep your Doctor, period-
You can keep your Hospital-
There are 38 changes in the bill so far-
After extensions we have signed up and passed our goal of 7.1 million
but we can't tell you how many were former Medicare patients, how many younger people have signed up or how many have actually paid their premium.
Amazing they passed their goal by 100,000.

" Choose Life "