Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The only important distinction between Trump and Clinton is what the Supreme Court will be for the next twenty or more years. Everything else is fixable. Twenty years of Progressive rulings may be an irrevocable destruction of the U.S. Constitution. All that may remain of it is the name.

As for that overused, misused, and rather meaningless word "RACISM," there's this:

http://humanevents.com/2016/06/08/st...tm_campaign=nl

Be advised you "white conservatives," only you are the racists.
I love it, defending racism with more racism.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #32
scottw

Trump is actually the perfect candidate to go against Hillary in the general election..this is going to be wildly entertaining
Old 06-09-2016, 02:23 PM   #33
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I see it more as "Selective Outrage".....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #34
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I hate Trump. Still don't know what I am going to do. But I also hate how the extremely biased media has gleefully fed the pig. The left has progressed off the cliff of rational (I was a Dem, while ago, no more - radical independent).

Interesting historical note, the last time the country was this divided, parties collapsed, and major party convention daces all occured at the same time, we went to war with ourselves. And racsim.

But at least this time we'll have a POTUS that can pardon herself.

Quote:
Why not - everyone redefines racism to fit their own model. Whether real or imagined.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-09-2016, 04:36 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I hate Trump. Still don't know what I am going to do.
You're likely going to vote for Johnson.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:20 PM   #36
JohnR

Quote:
You're likely going to vote for Johnson.
I don't know. I may vote Trump purely for SCOTUS.

We get the government wet deserve, The Crook and The Thief, interchangeable, perhaps.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #37
Nebe

Vermin supreme
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I see it more as "Selective Outrage".....
Exactly.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:12 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
I love it,

Me too.

defending racism with more racism.
Not defending. Comparing. Pointing out, as TDF said, the "selective outrage." We're supposed to be all shocked and outraged by something Trump said. And he's supposed to be unqualified for dog catcher because of what he said. But it's a good and proper thing to say similar things when those on the left say them, and have been saying this stuff for 40 years.

And it isn't really racism. It's a misuse of the term in order to vilify, ostracize, and disqualify.

And not only is what Trump said not racism, but he has some legitimate reasons for saying them.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-09-2016 at 11:40 PM..
Old 06-09-2016, 09:25 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Why not - everyone redefines racism to fit their own model. Whether real or imagined.
This kerfuffle is a case in point. Mexican is as much a race as American is a race. Mexico is comprised of various races. Mexican is a term of national origin or ethnic heritage. Defining Mexican as a race in order to impose a racist badge of infamy on someone is a vile misuse of "race" and "racism."

Last edited by detbuch; 06-09-2016 at 10:53 PM..
Old 06-10-2016, 04:22 AM   #41
scottw

Within an hour of Barack Obama's endorsement of Hillary Clinton, his spokesman acknowledged that she faces a 'criminal investigation'

Old 06-10-2016, 05:31 AM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
This kerfuffle is a case in point. Mexican is as much a race as American is a race. Mexico is comprised of various races. Mexican is a term of national origin or ethnic heritage. Defining Mexican as a race in order to impose a racist badge of infamy on someone is a vile misuse of "race" and "racism."
Exactly

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #43
spence

Quote:
And not only is what Trump said not racism, but he has some legitimate reasons for saying them.
Undercutting someone's ethnicity like he did is racism by any contemporary measure. Trying to deny or explain it away is just as bad. This is why the GOP has hit a wall...

Coulter's article, as usual, is full of errors anyway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...migrant-group/
Old 06-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #44
buckman

Quote:
Undercutting someone's ethnicity like he did is racism by any contemporary measure. Trying to deny or explain it away is just as bad. This is why the GOP has hit a wall...

He didn't "undercut" it .
Old 06-10-2016, 07:34 AM   #45
Nebe

Quote:

What is your ethnic background ? Irish? German? Italian ? Let me know so I can formulate a Trump comeback as to why I'd never hire you.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #46
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1102118]I love it, defending racism with more racism.[/QUOTE
We live in a bizarro world , where one is accused of racism when they point out another's racism .
Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #47
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

[QUOTE=buckman;1102164]
Quote:
I love it, defending racism with more racism.[/QUOTE
We live in a bizarro world , where one is accused of racism when they point out another's racism .
And where was that particular judges racism apparant, that Trump could point out?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #48
buckman

[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;1102165]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post

And where was that particular judges racism apparant, that Trump could point out?
In his rulings , according to the defendant in the case
Old 06-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #49
spence

Quote:

The judge had to be racist because he's a Mexican and Trump is losing the case...
Old 06-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
And it isn't really racism. It's a misuse of the term in order to vilify, ostracize, and disqualify.

Not remotely racist. Crass, naturally, but not remotely racist. Trump wasn't saying anything about anybody, except this one judge.

Spence, you want actual racism? Guess who said THIS about the role that gender and ethnicity play, in determining the ability of a judge to render a legal opinion....

"a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

THAT QUOTE, is patently racist. That person is explicitly saying that one's gender and ethnicity make a female Latina, somehow superior to a white male, in terms of their ability to render legal opinions.

Sonia Sotomayor said that. You go ahead and tell me how that's not racist. The nutjob who said that, will be on the Supreme Court for 40 years. That's just swell.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...sus-white-men/
Old 06-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #51
JohnR

Jim - you are wrong. The professional academics (not STEMs for the most part) and social justice industry have determined that statements like that are completely acceptable, encouraged even, unless you are white, particularly if male, and certainly if not progressive.

So while it can successfully be argued that he has said things that can be construed as racist (doesn't mean he is or not - I think the only practical Trump "ist" is narcissist ) anything he says will be considered racist simply because the defenders of social justice have deemed who is a racist, who cannot be, and who is judge.

Sticks and stoned might break my bones, but words will never hurt me, unless I am labeled persona non grata by the SJW crowd.

We are doomed.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:

If the judge is, in fact, a member of La Raza (a group that think Latinos are ethnically superior to everyone else on Earth), Trump has a legitimate argument.

Our esteemed Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor is a proud member of La Raza. "La Raza" literally means, "the race". Not "a" race. Not "one race among money". But "the" race.

Albert Gonzalez is a Mexican American who was the US Attorney General. He wrote an article saying that while Trump used offensive language as always, that Trump might have a valid beef.

Let me ask you...what did Trump say in regards to this case, that's racist? Did he say "those wetbacks all stick together"? All I heard (and I may well be wrong on the facts as I try not to pay attention when Trump talks) is Trump bash this one guy. I didn't hear any broad statements about Mexicans, although I believe he said that somehow, the guy is not a real American. If Trump is saying that naturally born citizens of Mexican heritage are not real Americans, that would be racist.

If Sonia Sotomayor can say Latina women are ethically superior to white men (and that's EXACTLY what she said) and be qualified to be on SCOTUS, why is Trump held to a different standard?

You, and Spence, have fun answering that one.

For the record, neither one is qualified for the jobs they sought. They are both idiots. One is a confirmed, admitted racist...the other may be.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:24 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim - you are wrong. The professional academics (not STEMs for the most part) and social justice industry have determined that statements like that are completely acceptable, encouraged even, unless you are white, particularly if male, and certainly if not progressive.

So while it can successfully be argued that he has said things that can be construed as racist (doesn't mean he is or not - I think the only practical Trump "ist" is narcissist ) anything he says will be considered racist simply because the defenders of social justice have deemed who is a racist, who cannot be, and who is judge.

Sticks and stoned might break my bones, but words will never hurt me, unless I am labeled persona non grata by the SJW crowd.

We are doomed.
You are almost correct, but not quite. Some non-whites, like Clarence Thomas, are fair game for these racist attacks. As we all remember, during his confirmation, all those racially sensitive liberals played the dirtiest racist card there is, and suggested that Thomas (as a black man) could not be trusted around women. How progressive and tolerant.

where was the concern for the female victims of sexual predation, when Bill Clinton was using a young girls internal organs as an ashtray for his cigar?

These people have no shame. None.

"We are doomed"

Yep.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
Undercutting someone's ethnicity like he did is racism by any contemporary measure.

NO. There are various "contemporary" measures. And they differ usually for convenience (such as census where race and ethnicity are sloppily mixed) or for odious political purposes. But, even by the most useful and rational "contemporary" measure, there is a strict difference between race and ethnicity.

Trying to deny or explain it away is just as bad. This is why the GOP has hit a wall...

What is bad is using race as a political tool. And the GOP is being forced to tear down the wall they built which made them a poor imitation of the Democrat party instead of the original GOP.

The Washington Post, as usual, is full of itself and its bias. Its article is full of "Latino, Hispanic, and Mexican" organizations which they claim are not "radical," whatever they mean by that, but which advance the interests of documented "Latinos, Hispanics, and Mexicans" in this country, and the entrance of undocumented ones into it. Ethnic and racial groups, societies, organizations unquestionably are biased. It is the nature of exclusive societies to be biased for their own. If one does not have such a bias, what is the point of belonging to a group rather than simply being a member of the society at large. Justice Sotomayor wasn't bashful in stating her Latina bias.

It is not unreasonable for Trump to fear a bias against him because of his position on illegal immigrants and his claim that he will build a wall between Mexico and the U.S.

And such ethnic an racial groups tend, if their bias is strong enough, to create division rather than diversity. The "contemporary" NAACP is an example. And the Democrat Party has used racial and ethnic biases to expand their power base. It has welcomed the division as a tool and encouraged as well as supported massive numbers of immigrants, legal and illegal, to strengthen that divisive source of power. And left leaning media such as the Post are biased toward Progressive policy and so gloss over and make to seem perfectly innocent and harmless various organizations that divide us rather than unite us.

The Democrat "race" card BS is a tactic, and Trump is throwing the lefts various tactics back at them. The left keeps accusing him of doing what they do. He is returning the favor and acting as they do with a brash in-your-face demeanor. That's why so many people voted for Trump. They're tired of being marginalized by linguistic trickery and unwarranted name calling.

The left has distorted language so that even the word "fair" is now meaningless. Certainly, "racism" has become a powerful word to make the weak-kneed Republicans that people are tiring of cower and acquiesce to all manner of Constitution busting Democrat policies.

It was a leftist, Orwell, who exposed the deception of politically distorted words, but the left, rather than observing the evil outcome of such distortion, rather saw how to successfully apply it.

And Coulter's article was not "full" of errors. It was full of accurate instances of the left doing what it accuses Trump of.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #55
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If the judge is, in fact, a member of La Raza (a group that think Latinos are ethnically superior to everyone else on Earth), Trump has a legitimate argument.
He isn't.

Quote:
Our esteemed Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor is a proud member of La Raza. "La Raza" literally means, "the race". Not "a" race. Not "one race among money". But "the" race.
She was a member at one time. It's astounding to think a successful latino would want to help others.

Quote:
If Trump is saying that naturally born citizens of Mexican heritage are not real Americans, that would be racist.
That's basically what he said. Trump's insinuation was that his heritage would compromise his ability to uphold the law. The fact that he in a quite snide and conspiratorial manner charged him as being a Mexican when he's a natural born American just made things worse.

From what I've read so far the Trump U thing was a total scam. Making a racist remark to lash out at a judge to cover your own quite likely criminal activity...it just keeps going down hill.
Quote:
If Sonia Sotomayor can say Latina women are ethically superior to white men (and that's EXACTLY what she said) and be qualified to be on SCOTUS, why is Trump held to a different standard?
That's not what she said. Perhaps you should read your own link.

Quote:
You, and Spence, have fun answering that one.
I did.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Spence -

"He isn't (a member of La Raza)."
Well pardon me if I don't take your brainwashed word for it. It may well be that he was never a member. Again, the former US Attorney General, who also happens to be of Mexican heritage, thought Trump might have had a legitimate beef. Perhaps he knows almost as much about this, as someone who never questions anything a liberal says or does.

"From what I've read so far the Trump U thing was a total scam"

I'm sure you are reading balanced sources. I fit was a scam, he should be held accountable. How about that controversial for-profit "school" that benefitted the Clintons so much? Bill made a fortune from that school, and the CEO made donations to the Clinton foundation, and around and around we go...You probably read that school is awesome.

"That's not what she said. Perhaps you should read your own link"

You really are hopeless, aren't you. She said that by virtue of being a Latina and a woman, she would be ethnically and sexually predisposed to render superior legal opinions, than a white man.

How about one god damn time, instead of lobbing a vague insult and scurrying off with your tail between your legs, you tell me exactly the difference between what she said, and what I claimed she said.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:11 AM   #57
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How about one god damn time, instead of lobbing a vague insult and scurrying off with your tail between your legs, you tell me exactly the difference between what she said, and what I claimed she said.
How is asking you to read your own link an insult? And why do you need to constantly be telling yourself you think you're somehow winning an argument?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #58
spence

Quote:
It is not unreasonable for Trump to fear a bias against him because of his position on illegal immigrants and his claim that he will build a wall between Mexico and the U.S.
I thought Mexicans loved Trump for all the jobs he's created? He should have nothing to fear. Perhaps he can point one out at his next rally just to put the issue to bed.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:20 AM   #59
Slipknot
Super Moderator

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/10/ju...he-boy-scouts/

Judge Curiel is also a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association. La Raza is no stranger to politics, protests, and community agitation. They played a prominent role in the protests and riots in March at a Donald Trump rally in Chicago. This is the same La Raza that is strongly pro-illegal immigration. In other words, encouraging breaking the law.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/10/ju...#ixzz4BC6tG2hZ

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #60
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/10/ju...he-boy-scouts/

Judge Curiel is also a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association. La Raza is no stranger to politics, protests, and community agitation. They played a prominent role in the protests and riots in March at a Donald Trump rally in Chicago. This is the same La Raza that is strongly pro-illegal immigration. In other words, encouraging breaking the law.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/10/ju...#ixzz4BC6tG2hZ
You're confusing different organizations.