Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #361
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i think ( could be wrong) that the only time i said anything about obama and golfing, was when he did it the day an american was slaughtered by a terrorist. even then, it’s not the end of the world, doesn’t mean obama didn’t care, but the optics are bad. other than that, play all day every day, as long as you get the job done.

paul, the hypocrisy goes both ways. the dems didn’t are about obama’s golf, but care about trumps golf. that kind of idiotic hypocrisy exists on both sides.I agree there is hypocrisy on both sides but we just had 8 years of discussing the most petty things. You yourself wanted to see Obama's transcripts even though he never discussed them. Why don't you care about Trump's when he bragged he grad. at the "top" of his class yet had his lawyers threaten to sue if UPenn released his transcripts. If I grad "top" of my class, I wouldn't care if the school released them.

so why not ignore that nonsense, and talk about policies and results? trump has plenty of policy failures to satisfy your desire to bash him, there’s no need to criticize him for things you would
never criticize obama over, and same goes for
me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
NM
Old 08-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #362
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Secret Service has paid rates as high as $650 a night for rooms at Trump’s properties
They just upped the cost to stay at his hotel in Wash. the night of his acceptance speech.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #363
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As Tweety tweeted
President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!
By the way Tweety has played more golf than Obama did in two terms
He has probably eaten a lot more than Obama too. He should probably consult with Obama on how much he should eat and play golf. That would make him a good President. And maybe he should have consulted with Obama on which judges to nominate.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #364
detbuch

Quote:
The "Law and Order" president breaks another law in a desperate attempt to ameliorate the disorder he caused. Look around -- when was the last time we were surrounded by this much lawlessness and chaos?
Trump is such an autocrat that nothing happens without him. He ordered the riots going on across the country. Dude simply has too much power. Someone needs to take him to Court about instigating those riots.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:18 AM   #365
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Can't bother with that... He is too busy working on healthcare...

President Donald Trump said he plans to approve a healthcare plan "within two weeks," in an interview that aired July 19 on "Fox News Sunday."

He must have meant two months, right? He's only had 3.5 years....
What part of Article 2 says that he should enforce empathy and compassion? Or to work on healthcare? You and Paul, like Pete, want an autocrat President?
Old 08-10-2020, 11:33 AM   #366
PaulS

So Trump doesn't know the constitution?
Old 08-10-2020, 12:03 PM   #367
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What part of Article 2 says that he should enforce empathy and compassion? Or to work on healthcare? You and Paul, like Pete, want an autocrat President?
Tweety said he was working on healthcare, probably he will be as successful as he was with his wall which other countries have now effectively created to keep Americans out.
The Canadians in particular have stopped the caravans of Americans.
When he’s done you will likely have gotten your healthcare wish as he will have destroyed what little system we have.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 12:26 PM   #368
detbuch

Quote:
Tweety said he was working on healthcare, probably he will be as successful as he was with his wall which other countries have now effectively created to keep Americans out.
The Canadians in particular have stopped the caravans of Americans.
When he’s done you will likely have gotten your healthcare wish as he will have destroyed what little system we have.
So we have a little health care system and Trump is going to destroy it. How come the Dems have not sued him in the Courts for doing this? How has he even had the power to destroy our health system? How have we come to this point in our history that a President can destroy the country's various health systems? How has he gotten such power? Not in Article 2. Have we not been following the Constitution? Has the Progressive erosion of our constitutional system created a Presidency that has the power to shut down all the health systems, private and public, that we have in this country?
Old 08-10-2020, 12:29 PM   #369
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
NM
i so t care to see obamas transcripts, i just think it's interesting that he went to great lengths to hide them. gotta be a reason. the democrats ridiculed bush for his transcripts, yet never asked obama for
anything.

paul, we can go back
and forth all day with examples of hypocrisy on all sides. i don’t care about obama’s grades one bit. i only brought them up, to show the hypocrisy on the issue.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #370
PaulS

Quote:
i so t care to see obamas transcripts, i just think it's interesting that he went to great lengths to hide them. gotta be a reason. the democrats ridiculed bush for his transcripts, yet never asked obama for
anything.

paul, we can go back
and forth all day with examples of hypocrisy on all sides. i don’t care about obama’s grades one bit. i only brought them up, to show the hypocrisy on the issue.
But you're the one who wanted the transcripts and now you want to talk about only serious things?

Should we discuss how many states Obama said he visited again?
Old 08-10-2020, 12:49 PM   #371
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But you're the one who wanted the transcripts and now you want to talk about only serious things?

Should we discuss how many states Obama said he visited again?
no i didn’t want the transcripts ( i see very little
connection between gpa and intelligence). i only brought it up
to show the hypocrisy.

and i never, ever used the 57 states thing, again except to point out the hypocrisy. i said a million times that anyone will
say dumb things if recorded 24/7.

i didn’t need to be petty in my criticism
if obama. there were more than enough america-bashing policy disasters to focus on. i never, ever said that his 57 states comment
meant anything, except to say it should
mean the same as any stupid comments made
by republicans.

Biden’s obviously senility is a different story, but we will
likely have a lot of opportunity to get used to that, if he wins.

i’m not the grammar police paul. i’m not that stupid. i focus on things that matter.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #372
PaulS

right. You only did it to point out the hypocrisy but now want to discuss the serious things.

I got it.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #373
Pete F.
Canceled

Yo Semites, Thighland, Minneanopolis, plosma, totallyterrytism, Ulysseus S. Grant, America's frownders -- these and more are all from Tweety.

Now Tweety and his minions are trying to convince you it's Biden who's cognitively challenged?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 02:15 PM   #374
detbuch

Quote:
Yo Semites, Thighland, Minneanopolis, plosma, totallyterrytism, Ulysseus S. Grant, America's frownders -- these and more are all from Tweety.

Now Tweety and his minions are trying to convince you it's Biden who's cognitively challenged?

They are both, like most of us, very flawed people. But it's not about which least flawed person should we vote for. It's about whether to slow down and continue to slowly reverse the Progressive agenda of an unlimited government, or to put its agenda back in high gear.

Not about Trump the narcist renegade

Not about Biden the decrepit phony Democrat tool.

Not about Trump . . . not about Biden . . .
Old 08-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #375
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps you could go and educate Tweety about the Constitution

Or you could just ........ https://www.privateislandsonline.com...ilability=sale

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #376
detbuch

Quote:
Perhaps you could go and educate Tweety about the Constitution

Or you could just ........ https://www.privateislandsonline.com...ilability=sale

It's not about Trump. It's not about Biden. You keep trying to drag us into a discussion of Trump. It's not about Trump. He is not supposed to make law. Nor is the Court supposed to make law. The more we vote for Progressives, the more Presidents and Judges will be empowered to make law. Educate yourself about the Constitution. And about the Progressive agenda re the Constitution and The Court.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-10-2020 at 03:07 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #377
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It's not about Trump. It's not about Biden.
I’m pretty sure the upcoming election is about both, one has a clue and the other is clueless. We all are really sure who your voting for, but you keep preaching to an audience of what three or four, it’s really sad to watch. Nothing you say is going to change our minds, but I have to say, you and Pete are relentless in your efforts. If a gray squirrel was on the Democratic ticket against Trump, Rocky the flying squirrel gets my vote.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:52 PM   #378
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I’m pretty sure the upcoming election is about both, one has a clue and the other is clueless. We all are really sure who your voting for, but you keep preaching to an audience of what three or four, it’s really sad to watch. Nothing you say is going to change our minds, but I have to say, you and Pete are relentless in your efforts. If a gray squirrel was on the Democratic ticket against Trump, Rocky the flying squirrel gets my vote.
oh my yes, biden sees things more clearly then trump. watch the first debate, then let’s see if you can say that with a straight face.

biden PROMISED that if he won, there’d be a cure for cancer. go ahead and defend that. tell us that’s not taking advantage of people at their most desperate and vulnerable.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:37 PM   #379
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Cracks me up you guys keep thinking anything you say will change votes on this message board, I’m just having fun now as I’m locked in.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #380
Jim in CT

Quote:
Cracks me up you guys keep thinking anything you say will change votes on this message board, I’m just having fun now as I’m locked in.
so it’s a character flaw when others post, but let
me guess, not when you do it? you’re getting stupider and meaner.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:04 PM   #381
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
so it’s a character flaw when others post, but let
me guess, not when you do it? you’re getting stupider and meaner.
I never said it was a character flaw, I thought I clearly said it cracks me up that posts continue to be put up, in what appears on the surface to be an attempt to change others perspectives and that on this board will NEVER happen. Post away, enjoy your freedom of speech, I find it humorous to see the continuing debates as if anything on either side will change. We are over 5 million cases, this crazy wacky board is like late night TV to me, sad and funny at the same time.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:03 PM   #382
detbuch

Quote:
You're not going to get me to change my vote.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #383
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Bump, for two reasons...
1. Any word on the big healthcare reform that was supposed to happen in two weeks, months ago?
2. Looks like Trump knew Covid was pretty bad in February but downplayed it anyways (via Bob Woodward)... Still digesting this one, and want to read the transcripts for full context....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-09-2020, 12:16 PM   #384
spence

Quote:
2. Looks like Trump knew Covid was pretty bad in February but downplayed it anyways (via Bob Woodward)... Still digesting this one, and want to read the transcripts for full context....
I doubt you'll see the transcripts other than the recordings he released. It's not that alarming We knew Trump has been selfishly misleading Americans and costing lives to minimize political harm. Only difference now is that it's clear he was fully informed to the seriousness of the pandemic from the beginning and has lied incessantly about it.

It's not even like his shirking his oath to the Constitution any more, Trump has been intentionally working to harm Americans.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #385
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's not that alarming
Nope, not at all. Insert my shocked face here that Trump was caught blatantly lying

p.s. still waiting for that promised healthcare reform, I thought it was supposed to be day 1.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-09-2020, 12:24 PM   #386
Pete F.
Canceled

You could just listen to the tape, though his followers will claim he's just misunderstood or was joking.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #387
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Nope, not at all. Insert my shocked face here that Trump was caught blatantly lying

p.s. still waiting for that promised healthcare reform, I thought it was supposed to be day 1.....

Considering the blatant lie or mistruth count is up over 20,000 at this point, getting the honest real truth about anything would be the real shocker. I’m sure our resident Sarah Huckleberry Mr. Debate will get out his blue font to tell us how wrong we are to call them lies. I really think it’s time for him to change the blue font to the real color he represents on this board, it would be more honest.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:48 PM   #388
spence

Quote:
You could just listen to the tape, though his followers will claim he's just misunderstood or was joking.
They're just going to say he's always told the truth and cares deeply about the health and safety of the American people. His base will just lap it up.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #389
scottw

Quote:

Considering the blatant lie or mistruth count is up over 20,000 at this point,.
so happy you found a hobby
Old 09-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #390
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They're just going to say he's always told the truth and cares deeply about the health and safety of the American people. His base will just lap it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so happy you found a hobby
case in point

Lets Go Darwin