Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
armed guard at the entrance to the "CHAZ" anarchy zone. What could go wrong?
So armed protester at State houses good

Armed liberal protester Bad

cant have both ways
Old 06-11-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So armed protester at State houses good (didn't break stuff and went home)

Armed liberal protester Bad (broke a lot of stuff and won't leave)

I'm shocked you don't see the difference
Old 06-11-2020, 04:42 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
So armed protester at State houses good

Armed liberal protester Bad

cant have both ways
As Scott said, conservatives don't generally riot. It's almost always liberals who do that.

Look at what places look like after the tea party has had a rally, or after the armed guards protesting state houses (which I didn't like for the record, but the fat is there were no issues).Compare that to what it looks like after liberals (occupy wall street, antifa, BLM, these potheads in Seattle).

If you owned a restaurant across from a park, who would you rather see protesting in that park? The tea party, antifa, BLM, or Occupy Wall Street?

Have fun with that one.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
As Scott said, conservatives don't generally riot. It's almost always liberals who do that.

Look at what places look like after the tea party has had a rally, or after the armed guards protesting state houses (which I didn't like for the record, but the fat is there were no issues).Compare that to what it looks like after liberals (occupy wall street, antifa, BLM, these potheads in Seattle).

If you owned a restaurant across from a park, who would you rather see protesting in that park? The tea party, antifa, BLM, or Occupy Wall Street?

Have fun with that one.
Like i said liberal with gun excersing his 2a rights bad ...conservative with a gun excersing his 2a right good ..

What could go wrong

Occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

Who did this liberals

You know why conservatives dont riot. Their to old
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-11-2020, 09:50 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Like i said liberal with gun excersing his 2a rights bad ...conservative with a gun excersing his 2a right good ..

What could go wrong

Occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

Who did this liberals

You know why conservatives dont riot. Their to old
amount of trouble when those conservatives showed up
with guns? zero, as usual.

pissed off liberals with guns = dead cops.

there’s the difference.

now, i asked you if you thought that cops were anywhere near as big a threat to blacks, as other blacks in the cities?

how about answering the damn question?
Old 06-12-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
amount of trouble when those conservatives showed up
with guns? zero, as usual.

pissed off liberals with guns = dead cops.

there’s the difference.

now, i asked you if you thought that cops were anywhere near as big a threat to blacks, as other blacks in the cities?

Jim here we go again comparing the 2 as if they are the same .. the only thing these 2 things have in common its be going on for decades

how about answering the damn question?
Jim we are talking about cops killing unarmed civilians many who are Black .. but you want to compare drug dealer A killing Drug dealer B cant ask for a bigger attempt to avoid the topic at hand ...
Old 06-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Jim we are talking about cops killing unarmed civilians many who are Black .. but you want to compare drug dealer A killing Drug dealer B cant ask for a bigger attempt to avoid the topic at hand ...
Jim doesn't realize that the issue is much deeper than just cops using excessive force on black people.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim doesn't realize that the issue is much deeper than just cops using excessive force on black people.
I realize everything you realize, and many things you don't.

To improve black lives the most, you address the things that negatively impact those lives the most. Cops aint close to being #1 on the list, not even close.

Fatherlessness, welfare addiction, crappy public schools. All are things that destroy the quality of black lives, all are issues that liberalism has made worse.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm the only one talking about things other than cops using excessive force. Takes some serious liberal logic to conclude that the only person mentioning the deeper issues, is the one with no grasp of those issues. I suppose the ones who deny the bigger issues, are the ones with the best grasp of those deeper issues?

I have an idea. Let's take a huge group of people. Let's annihilate the notion of the nuclear family, do everything we can to promote fatherlessness within that community. Let's make many of them addicted to welfare, rob them of the natural human instinct to get ahead. Let's tell them religion is useless. Let's refuse to let them choose to send their kids to better schools (interesting, since liberals like to pat themselves on the back as being pro choice). And when that all inevitably results in huge ghettos full of those people, let's tell the world that white cops are to blame for it all.

That's what democrats have done for blacks. Make that wrong.

Oh, and let's put an abortion clinic on every corner, so that their numbers don't get too crazy.

That's what your side has done. The late, great, liberal Daniel Partick Moynihan saw it coming in the late 60s or early 70s. He was dead on.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:33 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
I am talking about black lives. Which has a greater negative impact on all black lives? Cops, or urban violence? I presume there is a reason you are doing everything you can, to avoid answering that.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:19 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
I am talking about black lives. Which has a greater negative impact on all black lives? Cops, or urban violence? I presume there is a reason you are doing everything you can, to avoid answering that.
Jim they are 2 different conversations and 2 diffterent reasons they exist .. no one has suggest black on black violence isn't an issue
Blacks would agree with you .. and i do as well. but black on black violence has many factors . Where police killing unarmed blacks only have 2 factors blacks and police