Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-07-2022, 08:32 PM   #301
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
in most cases they did and continue to do it to themselves...

Although not everyone with type 2 diabetes is overweight, obesity and an inactive lifestyle are two of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes. These things are responsible for about 90% to 95% of diabetes cases in the United States.
Have you ever seen a Trump rally?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-08-2022, 02:16 AM   #302
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Have you ever seen a Trump rally?
my comment was not political....
Old 08-08-2022, 02:28 AM   #303
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So let’s punish them it’s their fault. ? So pay more for your insulin instead of healthy food. Is that the conservatives position?

how is this "punish" ?

"pay more for insulin instead of healthy food" is a huge assumption and probably not even close to reality

"Is this the conservatives position" and as usually you invent stuff and try to ascribe it to someone to fit your narrative

you should have gone with "so kill all the diabetics in the country and take their stuff"..."is this the conservatives position?"
Old 08-08-2022, 05:58 AM   #304
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
my comment was not political....
Look up ☝️

Even, if you’re heartless enough to ignore the human cost, the “cost cost” of What we’re doing to diabetics is insane and stupid. It makes no sense. It’s inefficient. It costs more to fix DKA then it does to prevent them DKA. Way more.
Easy medical decision. Easy moral decision. Easy economic decision. And yet…

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-08-2022, 06:19 AM   #305
scottw

Quote:
Look up ☝️

Even, if you’re heartless enough to ignore the human cost, the “cost cost” of What we’re doing to diabetics is insane and stupid. It makes no sense. It’s inefficient.
Easy medical decision. Easy moral decision. Easy economic decision. And yet…
"WE" aren't doing anything to diabetics....most are doing it to themselves

diabetics are also most likely suffering from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, kidney disease, neuropathy etc....etc.......are we discounting all of those treatments and medications for them? And I though Obamacare fixed all of this? Insulin is just the political pandering flavor of the month....like forgiving student loans

and if you think a significant number of diabetics, as the result of having their insulin discounted by the federal government are suddenly going to turn to healthy groceries, exercise and weight loss...you are truly delusional

there is another option....

One of the first steps in getting off insulin is to exercise and adjust your diet to help you lose weight. Fasting from food for a portion of the day may help, as well as changing lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking.

Those with type 2 diabetes can often manage their condition with diet and exercise or with diabetes medications. Some others with this type of diabetes require insulin to control blood sugar levels.

A person with type 2 may start out on a once-daily pill that will control their blood sugar levels. However, if nothing changes with their lifestyle, they may need an adjustment to their dosage of medication or may be placed on insulin to replace their current treatment plan.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:11 AM   #306
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"WE" aren't doing anything to diabetics....most are doing it to themselves

diabetics are also most likely suffering from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, kidney disease, neuropathy etc....etc.......are we discounting all of those treatments and medications for them? And I though Obamacare fixed all of this? Insulin is just the political pandering flavor of the month....like forgiving student loans

and if you think a significant number of diabetics, as the result of having their insulin discounted by the federal government are suddenly going to turn to healthy groceries, exercise and weight loss...you are truly delusional

there is another option....

One of the first steps in getting off insulin is to exercise and adjust your diet to help you lose weight. Fasting from food for a portion of the day may help, as well as changing lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking.

Those with type 2 diabetes can often manage their condition with diet and exercise or with diabetes medications. Some others with this type of diabetes require insulin to control blood sugar levels.

A person with type 2 may start out on a once-daily pill that will control their blood sugar levels. However, if nothing changes with their lifestyle, they may need an adjustment to their dosage of medication or may be placed on insulin to replace their current treatment plan.
So your solution is to get Americans to change their lives for their own good?
We can’t subsidize insulin but subsidize high fructose corn syrup?

Don’t forget you’re in 'murica: firepower, corn syrup and deadly denial

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-08-2022, 07:33 AM   #307
scottw

Quote:

So your solution is to get Americans to change their lives for their own good?

I know it's a terrible idea...
Old 08-08-2022, 07:47 AM   #308
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I know it's a terrible idea...
It’s very noble but as I wrote

Don’t forget you’re in 'murica: firepower, corn syrup and deadly denial

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-08-2022, 07:56 AM   #309
wdmso

Quote:
how is this "punish" ?

"pay more for insulin instead of healthy food" is a huge assumption and probably not even close to reality

"Is this the conservatives position" and as usually you invent stuff and try to ascribe it to someone to fit your narrative

you should have gone with "so kill all the diabetics in the country and take their stuff"..."is this the conservatives position?"
First veterans now insulin users

Other than they denied Biden a small win . who did they protect? I doubt this added to the national deficit or added to inflation .

Yet republicans have complained about gas and oil taxes in the same bill Even while Recent second-quarter earnings reports proffered eye-popping figures: BP posted second-quarter profits worth $8.5 billion, its biggest windfall in 14 years. ExxonMobil went one further — its $17.9 billion in net income was its largest-ever quarterly profit. U.S. company Chevron, London-based Shell and France’s TotalEnergies also recorded blockbuster results. Put together, these five major companies made $55 billion this past quarter, as hundreds of millions of people around the world bore the brunt of surging prices at the pump.

You claim most are doing it to themselves

I guess theirs many different ways you read that? Other than assigned blame .

Top state for diabetes , Red states and their gullible base will cheer we’re owning the libs

1 wWest Virginia 15.7%
2 BAlabama 15.0%
3 YMississippi 14.6%
4 RLouisiana 14.3%
5 pTennessee 14.2%
6 nSouth Carolina 13.6%
7 CArkansas 13.2%
8 QKentucky 13.1%
9 jOklahoma 13.0%
9 qTexas 13.0%
11 HDelaware 12.7%
11 aNorth Carolina 12.7%

Individual poverty increased the odds of having diabetes for both Whites and Blacks. Living in a poor neighborhood increased the odds of having diabetes for Blacks and poor Whites.

I know I made up buy insulin or buy healthier food That’s never a choice

The cost of insulin for patients with insurance ranges from $334 to $1,000 a month, to 35.00 that’s huge

And of course you can’t control how that savings will be used

I am sorry Scott that my narratives actual include facts

And the facts are Diabetes are a cash cow for big pharma? Aka donors

Drug industry lobbyists viewed Republicans’ control of the Senate as critical to the industry’s interests.

top money getters. Republicans, like Sen. Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and Rep. Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) — the GOP leaders of the Senate and House, respectively — also ranked in the top 15 of all recipients.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:07 AM   #310
wdmso

Myth: I will likely develop diabetes because I am overweight.

Fact: It is true that excess weight increases your chance of having diabetes. However, many people who are overweight or obese never develop diabetes.

Diabetes Is Not Your Fault
Don’t blame yourself for developing type 2 diabetes, and don’t let anyone else blame you either. It is not caused by laziness or a lack of will power. Eating sweets didn’t do it. Type 2 diabetes is a genetic disease.

Conservatives just exercise such a simple response for a topic with such complexity

Last edited by wdmso; 08-08-2022 at 08:16 AM..
Old 08-08-2022, 08:32 AM   #311
wdmso

Funny

The deal comes as President Donald Trump returns to the issue of drug prices, trying to woo older people whose votes are critical to his reelection prospects.

Trump Medicare recipients who pick a drug plan offering the new insulin benefit would pay a maximum of $35 a month starting next year, a savings estimated at $446 annually. Fluctuating cost-sharing amounts that are common now would be replaced by a manageable sum.

Same plan 35.00. But for private insurance and republicans shoot it down. As if the above never happened

Trump buying votes good. Dems looking good. Can’t have that
Old 08-08-2022, 02:32 PM   #312
Pete F.
Canceled

For the first time this election cycle,
The five Thirty-Eight model projects that Democrats will keep the Senate with a 60/40 advantage.

Which of the things the Trumplicans did do you think is the reason for this change, or it the realization that the the Dems actually pass things that benefit the American people?
Seems like threatening healthcare, Social Security and Medicare while taking away Choice might not work that well for the far right
Old 08-08-2022, 06:44 PM   #313
scottw

Quote:

Fact: It is true that excess weight increases your chance of having diabetes. However, many people who are overweight or obese never develop diabetes.

WEBMD

obesity and an inactive lifestyle are two of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes. These things are responsible for about 90% to 95% of diabetes cases in the United States

and not coincidentally

CDC Childhood obesity rates are rising, and so are the rates of type 2 diabetes in youth.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:46 PM   #314
scottw

Quote:

we should ban it....
Old 08-08-2022, 08:27 PM   #315
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
we should ban it....
We could simply stop subsidizing it

Outside of North America it's actually not in that many foods, because they don't have the massive import taxes on sugar and massive subsidies of corn production that make it cheaper to use HFCS in food production.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2022, 07:09 AM   #316
wdmso

Ron DeSantis recently tweeted an image of what he said was a new state license plate featuring a coiled rattlesnake and the words "Don't Tread on Me," he said it sends a "clear message to out-of-state cars."

What message is he sending It’s not freedom it’s extremism
Old 08-10-2022, 08:29 AM   #317
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ron DeSantis recently tweeted an image of what he said was a new state license plate featuring a coiled rattlesnake and the words "Don't Tread on Me," he said it sends a "clear message to out-of-state cars."

What message is he sending It’s not freedom it’s extremism
completely wrong. you’re not familiar with that expression, you’ve never seen that flag? it’s literally an expression of freedom.

google the Gadsden flag for gods sake. it’s very well known. it’s literally a symbol of liberty and freedom.

next you’ll deny the statue of liberty is a symbol of liberty.

Get SOME FACTS before you go on a stupid rant.

but no, you aren’t motivated by partisanship. No sir!

Old 08-10-2022, 08:45 AM   #318
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
completely wrong. you’re not familiar with that expression, you’ve never seen that flag? it’s literally an expression of freedom.

google the Gadsden flag for gods sake. it’s very well known. it’s literally a symbol of liberty and freedom.

next you’ll deny the statue of liberty is a symbol of liberty.

Get SOME FACTS before you go on a stupid rant.

but no, you aren’t motivated by partisanship. No sir!

Jim I know the flag and I also know who flys it. And why and it’s not about freedom

Your so deep in denial it’s not healthy

Gone is the original intent to unite the states to fight an outside oppressor. Instead, for those who fly it today, the government is the oppressor.

Tell me I am wrong

Last edited by wdmso; 08-10-2022 at 08:58 AM..
Old 08-10-2022, 09:14 AM   #319
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim I know the flag and I also know who flys it. And why and it’s not about freedom

Gone is the original intent to unite the states to fight an outside oppressor. Instead, for those who fly it today, the government is the oppressor.

Tell me I am wrong
you’re wrong. stupidly wrong.

People who live in florida don’t feel oppressed. Huge numbers of people
and businesses aren’t moving there because they want to be oppressed. The state is becoming literally synonymous with “freedom”.

you hate desantis, and he scares you. we get it.

You’re wrong.

Florida doesn’t want new yorkers to move there, and then keep voting liberal. there’s a good reason why floridians don’t want that.

And you have to be a very special
kind of stupid to move to FL for taxes, and then vote to make your new state look like the place you just fled.

That’s what he means.

Huge numbers of people
and businesses are moving there. He also enjoys strong approval ratings in a purple state, it’s not really a red state. That’s proof you’re wrong.

You’re wrong.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-10-2022 at 09:20 AM..
Old 08-10-2022, 09:21 AM   #320
Jim in CT

Quote:

Tell me I am wrong
many times you say the gop wants a big federal government. now you’re criticizing the gop for wanting to be free from feds. which is it?

talk about wanting to have it both ways!

wayne, the gop can be a bunch of fascists who want to impose their will on everyone through federal law. you’ve said they want to take over the federal government and impounded sharia law in the rest of us.

or they can be a bunch of anti-federal government looks who say that washington DC is the enemy.

They can’t be both! How can they be both?

But no, you’re not just saying these things because of partisanship.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-10-2022 at 10:00 AM..
Old 08-10-2022, 10:47 AM   #321
wdmso

Quote:
many times you say the gop wants a big federal government. now you’re criticizing the gop for wanting to be free from feds. which is it?

talk about wanting to have it both ways!

wayne, the gop can be a bunch of fascists who want to impose their will on everyone through federal law. you’ve said they want to take over the federal government and impounded sharia law in the rest of us.

or they can be a bunch of anti-federal government looks who say that washington DC is the enemy.

They can’t be both! How can they be both?

But no, you’re not just saying these things because of partisanship.

Yep keep ignoring what’s happening right in front of your nose ears and eyes

The Republicans you refer do not exist . In the House maybe a few in the senate

And keep thinking that flags is being used against big government

They want no government unless it’s their version. Freedom for me not for thee that’s their objective and Trumps willing to burn down the Us government if it gets him off the hook and promotes his and their victim hood
Old 08-10-2022, 10:59 AM   #322
wdmso

Another truth teller gets punished by the Maga base

Herrera Beutler said, in part, “I’m proud that I always told the truth, stuck to my principles, and did what I knew to be best for our country.”

Herrera Beutler, who served six terms in Congress, voted to impeach Donald Trump last year.

Trump retaliated by endorsing Kent, a former Green Beret who has boosted the ex-president's lies about 2020 election fraud. Kent has also endorsed the racist "white replacement theory" and has tried to cast doubt on Washington state's vote-by-mail system.

That’s the new gop
Old 08-10-2022, 11:01 AM   #323
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yep keep ignoring what’s happening right in front of your nose ears and eyes

The Republicans you refer do not exist . In the House maybe a few in the senate

And keep thinking that flags is being used against big government

They want no government unless it’s their version. Freedom for me not for thee that’s their objective and Trumps willing to burn down the Us government if it gets him off the hook and promotes his and their victim hood
so democrats don’t bend government to do what they want, when they’re in power. only republicans. gotcha.
Old 08-10-2022, 11:23 AM   #324
Jim in CT

Quote:
Another truth teller gets punished by the Maga base

Herrera Beutler said, in part, “I’m proud that I always told the truth, stuck to my principles, and did what I knew to be best for our country.”

Herrera Beutler, who served six terms in Congress, voted to impeach Donald Trump last year.

Trump retaliated by endorsing Kent, a former Green Beret who has boosted the ex-president's lies about 2020 election fraud. Kent has also endorsed the racist "white replacement theory" and has tried to cast doubt on Washington state's vote-by-mail system.

That’s the new gop
“freedoms for me and not for thee”

so when liberals push for gun control while hiding behind private security…

when liberals deny school choice while sending their own kids to private school…

when liberals enforce covid lockdowns while they travel wherever they fee like going, and take their masks off whenever convenient…

when liberals go berserk over climate change but own multiple homes and fly in private jets…

none of those are “freedoms for me but not for thee.”?
Old 08-10-2022, 02:50 PM   #325
wdmso

Quote:
“freedoms for me and not for thee”

so when liberals push for gun control while hiding behind private security…

when liberals deny school choice while sending their own kids to private school…

when liberals enforce covid lockdowns while they travel wherever they fee like going, and take their masks off whenever convenient…

when liberals go berserk over climate change but own multiple homes and fly in private jets…

none of those are “freedoms for me but not for thee.”?

Jim’s freedom definition

I should be able to do what I want when I want ! With only the restrictions I agree with. Society can go to hell.

Yep that’s not freedom it’s selfishness .

your simplifying examples . of course only liberals do those things

Like I said denial

Old 08-10-2022, 03:03 PM   #326
Pete F.
Canceled

So the cult has figured out how to win friends and influence people, the RNC memo went out and the talking point of a major political party claiming to be for law and order, is to attempt to destroy the FBI in service to a life long con artist who was impeached twice and lost them the White House and Senate.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:15 PM   #327
Jim in CT

Quote:
So the cult has figured out how to win friends and influence people, the RNC memo went out and the talking point of a major political party claiming to be for law and order, is to attempt to destroy the FBI in service to a life long con artist who was impeached twice and lost them the White House and Senate.
"so the cult has figured out how to win friends and influence people"

Yes, by giving people what they actually want, instead of telling people that you know better than they do, what's good for them...

"the talking point of a major political party claiming to be for law and order, is to attempt to destroy the FBI"

Ignoring the Trump raid (which may have been a totally valid raid, or it may have been a political hit job, neither one of us knows yet), the FBI is doing this to themselves. They lied to go after Carter Page, they lied to cover up the Hunter Biden "investigation" (if that's the right word), they're using heavily armed SWAT teams to arrest conservative senior citizens in the middle of the night, AFTER tipping off CNN to get it on TV...this isn't what the FBI is supposed to be...

"lost them the White House and Senate"

Yet you'd NEVER claim that Obama/Hilary "lost" the senate and house to the GOP in 2016. Why is that? The GOP is in far better shape right now than the democrats were after 2016, yet you say today the GOP is dead but you'd never claim the democrats were dead after 2016. Why such a obvious double standard?
Old 08-10-2022, 03:23 PM   #328
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim’s freedom definition

I should be able to do what I want when I want ! With only the restrictions I agree with. Society can go to hell.

Yep that’s not freedom it’s selfishness .

your simplifying examples . of course only liberals do those things

Like I said denial

"Jim’s freedom definition

I should be able to do what I want when I want !"

Funny, isn't that the entire pro-abortion position, in one poorly constructed sentence?

"Society can go to hell. "

If the conservative view of freedom is "hell-ish", please explain why so many people and businesses are moving to red states? They're all masochists?

"your simplifying examples . of course only liberals do those things"

You're lying again. I never said "only liberals" do those things. I concede conservatives can be greedy and dishonest and hypocritical, I've said that 1,000 times. I listed those examples because you are the absolutist who will never admit democrats do those things.

"Like I said denial "

How am I in denial, when I admit that conservatives are guilty of every sin known to man? The one denying facts is you, when you deny that liberals are similarly flawed. I provided irrefutable examples of their hypocrisy. But you, the one in denial, will never admit it.

Make that wrong. Go ahead and admit that liberals, being human,. are flawed as well. You'll never admit it, you can't. Because you don't merely believe in liberalism, you are a slave to it.

Why not set aside the "conservatives are evil, liberals are noble" bullsh8t and talk honestly about policies, results, and what Americans actually want?
Old 08-10-2022, 03:30 PM   #329
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"so the cult has figured out how to win friends and influence people"

Yes, by giving people what they actually want, instead of telling people that you know better than they do, what's good for them...

"the talking point of a major political party claiming to be for law and order, is to attempt to destroy the FBI"

Ignoring the Trump raid (which may have been a totally valid raid, or it may have been a political hit job, neither one of us knows yet), the FBI is doing this to themselves. They lied to go after Carter Page, they lied to cover up the Hunter Biden "investigation" (if that's the right word), they're using heavily armed SWAT teams to arrest conservative senior citizens in the middle of the night, AFTER tipping off CNN to get it on TV...this isn't what the FBI is supposed to be...

"lost them the White House and Senate"

Yet you'd NEVER claim that Obama/Hilary "lost" the senate and house to the GOP in 2016. Why is that? The GOP is in far better shape right now than the democrats were after 2016, yet you say today the GOP is dead but you'd never claim the democrats were dead after 2016. Why such a obvious double standard?
The poor victim never misses a right wing trope and as a Trump supporter obviously has no standards.

The Cult’s reaction to the search of Trump’s hotel reflects the belief that certain categories of people are subject to the law and it’s enforcement and abuses and others, like Trump, exempt from it entirely.

This is also why cult members argue that executing a warrant on a Republican is tyranny, but shooting unarmed civilians, abusing suspects in police custody, or brutalizing left wing protesters are all virtuous actions that should be rewarded.

As someone else said
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-10-2022, 03:34 PM   #330
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I think Jim will need help or alcohol to get over this deep state raid on the GOP savior and whataboutism is going to run rampant now. Break out the but Hilary and Hunter playbook Jim.