Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #91
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

i don't see the Duke Lax player rape case as a racial situation as much as an opportunity for the D.A. (Mike Nifong, who is white) to try to score political brownie points at the expense of some purty white boyz. IIRC he was up for re-election at the time. when the evidence came to light there wasn't much outrage in the black community at these defendants or white people in general. but everyone was pissed at Mike Nifong for the railroading.

talk about a backfire.

fishpoopoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #92
Andy D
Just Keep On Pluggin !

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefish View Post
Your all full of crap.If it were Al Sharpton calling your daughter or wife a pasty white c____, the lynch mob would come out.What he said was wrong it was not a generic statement expressed in a comedy routine.It was a derogetory and inflammible remark directed at a specific group.And not all of black America listens to rap or thinks Al & Jesse are there leaders.And lets not forget that these 2 men have walked through streets in which white people spat and threw rocks at them in hate.
So did Martin Luther King, Difference is Dr. King preached forgivness and tolerence for ALL people . Sharpton , Jackson preach revenge and in my opinion racism. And I think we all agree these 2 couldn't even carry Dr. King's shoes.
Andy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #93
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Anyone hear anything new on Anna Nicole Smith???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beating-a-dead-horse.gif
Views:	146
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	21093  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #94
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

it's all Bush's fault.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #95
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I knew it.....damn him

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #96
Andy D
Just Keep On Pluggin !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Your right enough said, I think she's dead
Andy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #97
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I was called a F*)(&^% no good white irish a$&#(&e by an olive skinned Italian fellow a numbers of years ago. Does that coount as racism Bassturbed?

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #98
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

you should have called him a wop and make him sing o-solo-mio at gunpoint.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #99
mosholu
Mosholu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassturbed View Post
i don't see the Duke Lax player rape case as a racial situation as much as an opportunity for the D.A. (Mike Nifong, who is white) to try to score political brownie points at the expense of some purty white boyz. IIRC he was up for re-election at the time. when the evidence came to light there wasn't much outrage in the black community at these defendants or white people in general. but everyone was pissed at Mike Nifong for the railroading.

talk about a backfire.
According to the article in today's NY Times the DA Nifong mentioned his efforts in this case on the politcal stump on occasions where he was speaking to a minority crowd. He was exploiting the racial differences as well as the economic differences of the community to advance his own career. In a state that has a large percentage of African American voters being the guy who is willing to take on the "rich white elite" is not a bad platform to run off. The problem is you can not corupt the judicial process to make it so.
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #100
pmueller
Captain Pete

cbs pulls Imus late Thursday and will not let Imus on his radiothon.
pmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #101
wader-dad

Imus is now fired not just suspended -he is gone. That sucks. This country is starting to seriously suck. I listen to Imus every morning. He will land somewhere else- but come on this is so rediculous its just sucks. I think it sucks. Its insanity. Do they have stripers in Canada?
wader-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #102
Raven

Thumbs down Wader Dad

i hear ya and I am thinking exactly like you....

it wouldnt surprise me if hillary clinton pulled some strings
just to get the black vote for later.... whatever...

i think lake Michigan has stripers and it borders with Canada.
on that Nova Scotia thread they talked about stripers up there too.

this whole politically correct thing is
so messed up ..... it is truely insane.

F*** CBS too - i'll be writing their editors also....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #103
Raven

Cool yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

she was injecting growth hormone into her ass.

thats odd, i figured she already knew how to moan.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #104
mosholu
Mosholu

If he wants to continue he will have a home on Sirus in a few months.
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #105
stripersnipr

Imus is a gold mine. He'll be back.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #106
pmueller
Captain Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
i hear ya and I am thinking exactly like you....

it wouldnt surprise me if hillary clinton pulled some strings
just to get the black vote for later.... whatever...

i think lake Michigan has stripers and it borders with Canada.
on that Nova Scotia thread they talked about stripers up there too.

this whole politically correct thing is
so messed up ..... it is truely insane.

F*** CBS too - i'll be writing their editors also....
Apparently making a visit to Rutgers within a day or two. She most likely did have something to do with it, if you remember Imus comments about then Pres. Bill at a fund raising roast. I tell ya, Imus has kahonies.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #107
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Raven and Wader Dad, I couldnt agree more.
sorry day for america.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #108
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wader-dad View Post
He will land somewhere else- ...
most likely he will. a little time off and he'll be back on another network, take heart. if he's got a loyal listener base somebody will hire him.

sirius satellite radio anyone?

Old 04-13-2007, 07:15 AM   #109
Jay Dog

He was fired at 4:45 yesterday in the middle of his telethon for cancer charities (lot of class CBS) and he still went to meet with the RU Team after that. How many other people would have done that?
I was listening to the Telethon when it happened and I will give the 2 guys on the air at the time, Mike and Chris, credit they stood up for Imus and called it a classless act by their network to do it in the middle of the Telethon and allowing no dignity for over 30 years of service.
Imus was right radio executives are a bunch of empty suits.
As for Sharpton and Jackson
How much good have they done for the community
Did they have a hospital wing named after them?
Did they raise 10 Million dollars for a state of the art rehab center for returning troops.
Who went to Walter Reed hospital to visit the wounded and help bring to light conditions there.
Do they have a camp for kids with cancer that has passed all federal and state audits and inspections.
Who brought Autism awareness onto the general public and helped to get it the attention it deserves 1 in 166 kids affected by it more than any other disease or disability
The guy they classified as vile and a racist that's who not Jackson or Sharpton
Was he over the line with his comments Yes, Did he apoligize Yes, was it sincire, well he got fired and still met with the team less than 3 hours later.
So if there is less money available for all the above causes which will affect kids of all type who benefits from this.
Jay Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:39 AM   #110
Sluggoslinger

What has howard stern had to say about all this? I know Opie and Anthony have been sympathetic and think its ridiculous. I think they are also CBS too. They say more stuff that could be viewed as racist then any body else on radio yet Imus gets fired in the middle of a fund rasing event for cancer??? wow
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #111
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Lightbulb

public radio is an advertising supported medium.

if your sponsors are running from the show and/or start to threaten other programming, then you have no choice!

imus made a huge mistake by offending a key demographic ... young women.

guess what 800 lb. gorilla advertiser happens to cater to that particular demo?

procter & gamble (look at all the girlie brands on their web site).

three words never caused so much damage.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #112
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

Good article in NY Post about it:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04132007...l_mushnick.htm
The Iceman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #113
pmueller
Captain Pete

Jay I agree, I've been listenting to both shows of FAN for a number of years. The word is today that Sharpton knew the Rutgers girls were going to forgive Imus. He pushed more to have Imus pulled yesterday, otherwise he would loose his position of power.
Its a sad story for a guy thats yes does go over the top, but has done so much more good for his fellow human beings. Mike and chris were quick to point out that Chris Dodd threw him under the bus last night. Dodd announced his presidential bid on the Imus show. Its real funny to watch the folks that have benefited from Don's position run like cowards. Ketih Olberman, another coward. After Imus is out of the building he brings up how bas Don is to people around him. What a coward. His ratings are in the pit and will never get out.
Leiberman stood up, Guiliani stood up, along with John McCain I tell ya, I'll never pull the vote for button for Chris Dodd ever. If he can't stand up in a situation like this, he doesn't deserve the senate seat. He threw Lieberman under the bus too. Let him push pencils like the rest of us.
Good for Mike and the Mad Dog, stand up guys and WFAN. They may loose their positions over this whole thing.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #114
Jay Dog

Pete I don't think Mike and the Mad Dog have to much to worry about. They did not say anything offensive to anybody, if they were to be fired then it really has become a witch hunt and they are number 1 in their time slot in NY which means the station loses it 2 top revenue producers.
But it does show how political it becomes if Sharpton was pushing on Thursday to have it happen before the meeting with the team. He propably assumed Imus wouldn't show if he had been canned, which shows you what he was thinking since I haven't heard a statement from Sharpton about the apology or the acceptence by the team. But that would be off issue for himbecause it would mean there was a resolution.
Jay Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #115
pmueller
Captain Pete

I hope so, I do not agree with them all the time, but I do enjoy their show. Sharpton and Jackson had alot to do with it for sure, I beleive Hillary had a spoon in the pot also. Suprise, she's visiting Rutgers (probably for the first time) Monday. For some reason in this country, when you make a mistake, error in judgement, or simply not support the correct "side", you loose your job. It must be some freudian thing left over from the french. In times like these are the reasons for "the crucible", "scarlet letter", "the rape of the lock" come to mind. I know it may seem like I'm way over the top on this, but when you have Nazi's that have more civil liberties and more people willing to protect them, its really scary man.
Sharpton will not say anything regarding the womens team at Rutgers, it does not fit his agenda.
Now all the affliliates are pi__ed at CBS for dumping Imus. Good for them. Spineless bottom line cowards.
Now I'll probably have to get XM radio to listen to my program. Chit man.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #116
parker23
No Trolling allowed

sad day in AMERICA!

Hey gang,
This whole issue is absolutely absurd. Imus is a comedian, not a journalist/primetime Dan Rather/Peter Jennings, etc… Freedom of speech is a principle in which our great country was founded.
We need thicker skin. I have had dialog on several occasions’ w/members of this group. I am a gay man, I love my family, fishing, my business and my life in the best country in the world---America. I do not give a S—T if you call me a fag/queer/pole smoker or any other slang.
I am a good person. I treat people like I want to be treated. AND I love to bust b-lls on every group that makes up this melting pot of AMERICA.
I may confront someone who posts a message dealing with the GAY issue, however, I do not want to censor the post. Freedom of speech is like Rock-N-Roll… Live Free or Die.
I am who I am. I have my own prejudices. We all pre-judge people by the color of their skin, the clothing they wear and the company the keep.

It’s human nature!!!

Grow some skin! Grow some B-lls and stand up for your principles. As long as you are able to sleep at night w/ a good conscience, we will all end up in the same place.

God bless AMERICA!
Bruce
parker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #117
Raven

at least the girls basketball team accepted Imus's apology
even though the corporate world did not nor did the milk men

and well spoken Parker23
Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

I think the headline in the NY Daily news yesterday should have been:
Jesse and Al run Imus out of Hymietown

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote