Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Karl F

Exclamation It's Official.... Hell Froze Over

Mass. state senator jailed for alcohol use | CapeCodOnline.com

finally one of them went to jail...

I hope they all go like dominoes...

however, I think he is the sacrificial lamb... seeing as it is just a proby violation...for booze and drunk driving issues...
the ones taking cash in hand...won't see the crossbar hotel....
Old 01-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
fishbones

Good for the judge for doing what was supposed to have been done. I bet he was shocked that he actually had to go to jail, since most of these politicians believe they're above the law.
If he had just come out and said he had a problem with alcohol, he could have had a nice vacation down the Cape at the taxpayers expense and never seen the inside of a jail cell. Instead, he has to face the same consequences that any of us would have had to face.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
FishermanTim

Maybe he should have saved the mouthwash and toothpaste for the big house, 'cause he'll probably need it!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Raven

bout time

Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
FishermanTim

"... and I'm driving!"
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Yea I saw this on the news this morning(NECN). They had video of the proceedings and he looked mortified when the judge told him he was going to jail. The judge was pissed off big time. Less than a week after his parol he was drinking at home. He's blaming it on toothpaste and mouthwash! His look was priceless and the best part was he represented himself! He sounded weak and pathetic. What a loser and I'm glad he's off to jail. Bye Bye!

"Sunshine Day Dream"
Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

The judge showed tremendous courage today. I noticed when Galuccio walked by the clerk and the probation officer they didn't look at him because I'm sure they had to see him when seeking employment in the same district court that is in his district. It was reported that the in-home breat test reading was .03 and I believe that was suppose to be .30. One station said one way and one reported it the other way. Galuccio has had several O.U.I.'s broomed. One clerk said he had reason to believe he had operated after drinking but felt no complaint should issue several years ago. wink wink nod nod

No one should feels bad the peckerhead got away with the drunk driving charge when he left the scene of the crash that injured three people.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the retired fire lt. that hit and killed the pedestrian who did exactly the same thing. Drove away drunk and then turns himself in sober.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #8
JohnnyD

Good. Let him burn like any one of us would have.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
Karl F

must still be Cold in Hell

Telegram.com - A product of the Worcester Telegram & Gazette

Flim Flam Finneran lost his lawyer ticket....

must have burned his bridges to Beacon Hill...