Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

Homes for sale?

Anyone selling their house or know of anyone selling their house? I gotta get out of my place. Too small, looking for something in the georgetown, ipswich, topsfield area or the billerica, chelmsford, westford area.

Realtors suck now and have you doing all the work because the market is crazy. No inventory and good homes going under agreement in less than 1 week.

looking for:
3-4 bed, 2 full bath
2000 sq feet +
full basement
garage
neighborhood setting

let me know if you know of anything.
american spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Rockfish9

there's one a few houses down from me that been on the market awhile in Reading...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Fly Rod

Realtor's suck!!!!!.......really!! what work R they making U do besides showing up on time looking at a property....OOOOOOO I know...if U fine one U need to sign your name.....I agree that is tough.....

True nice homes R going under agreement quickly....have your 20% down ready.....
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by american spirit View Post

Realtors suck now and have you doing all the work because the market is crazy. No inventory and good homes going under agreement in less than 1 week.
Yea, a lot of bad ones out there. The first one I had was an absolute nightmare. Thank God the second one I found was much much better.

It is amazing how fast houses are selling. But, there are a few houses that slip through the cracks for minor reasons.
GregW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
Redsoxticket

Quote:
Anyone selling their house or know of anyone selling their house? I gotta get out of my place. Too small, looking for something in the georgetown, ipswich, topsfield area or the billerica, chelmsford, westford area.

looking for:
3-4 bed, 2 full bath
2000 sq feet +
full basement
garage
neighborhood setting

Do you presently own a home that you need to sell before buying another home ?
If you answer yes then congratulations and good luck finding a sellet willling to wait until you sell your home.
Otherwise plave your home for sale, find a buyer contingent upon you finding suitable housing.
If you donjt have a house to sell see westportmafia for a mortgage and I will set you up to receive the latest mls listings as tjey enter thearket
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Redsoxticket

Quote:

looking for:
3-4 bed, 2 full bath
2000 sq feet +
full basement
garage
neighborhood setting

Do you presently own a home that you need to sell before buying another home ?
If you answer yes then congratulations and good luck finding a seller willling to wait until you sell your home.
Otherwise place your home for sale, find a buyer contingent upon you finding suitable housing.
If you do not have a house to sell see westportmafia for a mortgage and I will set you up to receive the latest mls listings as they enter the market.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
Clammer

Thumbs down

Realtors Suck //

I really needed that right about now ><>< #^&#^&#^&#^&head

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
Duke41
got gas?

Take a look at my site. You can set your own search criteria. I do not cover your market area but you are welcome to use my search engine. Duke Properties | North Attleboro MA Real Estate, Attleboro MA Real Estate, Wrentham MA RE.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Scott, I think you've painted this with a broad brush.... Finding a RE agent is not unlike getting a contractor. Ask friends, co workers, neighbors etc. for referrals. Just have to weed through to find some who you feel comfortable working with. A lot of brokers to choose from in my town, some not so good, some good, a few I would recommend highly . There is a lot more info available on the web, but there is nothing like having an agent who knows what you are looking for, and find it before it hits the market.... I see a lot of the frustration with home transactions being the financing side. (Trust me, 'cause I can't get refinanced, and have always been current ...) You have to know what $$$ you are going to come out of your place with first of all. Nothing wrong with having a couple of brokers knowing your needs, in different communities. What about the broker you had to buy your current house?

You wouldn't be hurting yourself to get some hints from some of the agents who are on this site as well.... Clammer, Redsoxticket, Flyrod, and Duke have been around here a long time, and doing RE even longer.....
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
gf2020

Give Catherine Hubbard a call, she specializes in the North Shore.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
Raven

foreclosures are another Avenue
to investigate
as sometimes you find a deal
as are rent to own's...
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Here's an interesting realtor story. I had one agent showing me several houses one day. I met her at the first house and the plan was for he to follow her to the next house as I forgot my gps. This realtor averaged 55 in a 30 and blew through a red light without even slowing down. I refused to drive like that and ending up getting lost. Needless to say she was fired quickly.
GregW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

no offense to sb realtors

sorry to offend any realtors on the site. probably just like therapists, some good some bad. so far i've had 4 come to my house and all have not been helpful. all 4 have pressured me to put my house on the market and then told me worst case scenario i could rent a house until i find suitable housing. sellers i guess are poo pooing any contingency. i get the daily emails; but when i call to ask for a showing of a good home the answer is always the same... "oh, that one went under agreement just the other day. sorry."

i guess i may need to sign with a realtor. then maybe i'll be able to take a look at some homes before they hit the market.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
chrisjoe13

4 therapists have come to your house?
chrisjoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjoe13 View Post
4 therapists have come to your house?
LMAO......
Old 04-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
Fly Rod

In Mass. the first thing a Realtor must do is hand U ..... MASSACHUSETTS MANDATORY LICENSEE-CONSUMER RELATIONSHIP DISCLOSURE....All real estate licensees must present this form to you at the first personal meeting with you to discuss a specific property....then a Realtor could help U as a seller or buyer if U would like.

Was U un happy with what they said that U could put your home on the market for?....sometimes homeowners have to face reality...we all think our home is better then the person down the street that sold for an X number of dollars

A Realtor should also talk to a seller about prepping a home for sale...caulking and painting can improve a home for sale...get rid of clutter.

In my area it is very hard to get a buyer to go along with the seller that needs to find another property before closing....I always put a kick-out clause for my buyer under that situation.

In every business there is good and bad....there is a lot that a good Realtor will do for a client that the client does not realize

Good luck.....
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

[QUOTE=Fly Rod;996361]In Mass. the first thing a Realtor must do is hand U ..... MASSACHUSETTS MANDATORY LICENSEE-CONSUMER RELATIONSHIP DISCLOSURE....All real estate licensees must present this form to you at the first personal meeting with you to discuss a specific property....then a Realtor could help U as a seller or buyer if U would like.

Was U un happy with what they said that U could put your home on the market for?....sometimes homeowners have to face reality...we all think our home is better then the person down the street that sold for an X number of dollars

Thanks. We didn't get any paperwork from the realtors. They just checked the place out and told us what they would list it for. We know we're not making money on our place and were actually happy to hear what they thought the list price would be. We'll see how the process works out. Something will positive will eventually happen.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Fly Rod

Your welcome.

First get a pre-approval from a bank or mortgage company....get a truth in lending statement... ask or check your APR...some buyers will say they had no closing cost....your APR is a cost for sevices rendered
A good Realtor for the buyer will:
Search the deed of property of interest for easements...right of ways.
Go to building inspectors office to check on pulled permits for work that was done.
If on septic check the as built plan to make sure it is for the correct number of bedrooms...also to have homeowner have inspection of same if not inspected in last two years.
Check zoning on zoning map at engineers office....do not believe assessors.

This is just a beginning....If a Realtor will not do the above (exclude the applying for the loan) get rid of him/her.....
Old 04-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #19
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

You are throwing a lot of towns in the mix, IMO. Given the size of your growing brood, have you considered which of those towns' school systems are best? Schools and your commute are two things I would have at the top of your list to consider. Ipswich has ocean access... but it also has greenheads galore. Talk to TDF about Georgetown. Flyrod can fill you in on school systems up that way. How long is you commute presently? Your main highway would shift from being 93 to 95/Route1. What do you think you can spend?
And given that you have always beotched about getting to fish, you better be moving closer to some access......
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

PM sent
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote