Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
None
For several reasons, the biggest being in my opinion being totally safe is in the dream world of liberals seeking utopia, it is a fantasy. I can’t see us being totally safe from our own government or law enforcement, anyone with common sense can see that just pay attention.
Being safe begins with personal responsibility not relying on your government( ruling class) to take care of you.
We already give up enough at certain places like airports, stadiums etc. but we put up with those as inconveniences and it helps.

The liberal judges who release violent criminals like a revolving door should be held accountable when those decisions result directly in innocent people and law enforcement being murdered or injured just like they expect a bartender to somehow magically to know a customers tolerance of alcohol and hold them responsible in lawsuits where drunk driving happens. I’d like to hear what the people who put them on the bench have to say about that.

Seeing how you asked, how about you answer
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
NONE
I would get rid of all the security apparatus that spies on all of us
Make firearms training and ownership mandatory
Of course I live in upper New England where its somewhat like that anyways

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Obama really got that one wrong, Romney was right, Obama just blew it" - what Spence will never say, ever. He can't.
Jim, it was a zinger in a debate not a deep foreign policy analysis...if I remember right Romney got hammered in that one.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #33
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, it was a zinger in a debate not a deep foreign policy analysis...if I remember right Romney got hammered in that one.

He did. He got hammered by Obama's horses and bayonets and the 80s called.

So not only was MR correct, BO doubled down on what would be 180 degrees opposite of what is true.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #34
Slipknot
Super Moderator

So speaking of immigrants

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2018/08/...cal-curse.html

The cyclical curse
A paper from 2007 (PDF) explains some of the negative civilizational developments that we have been observing over the last decade. And events quite clearly appear to have proven his thesis largely correct.
The Population Cycle Drives Human History – from a Eugenic Phase into a Dysgenic Phase and Eventual Collapse

by Volkmar Weiss

In the period before the onset of demographic transition from large to small families, when fertility rates were positively associated with income levels, Malthusian pressure gave an evolutionary advantage to individuals whose characteristics were positively correlated with child quality and hence higher IQ, increasing in such a way the frequency of underlying genes in the population. As the fraction of individuals of higher quality increased, technological progress intensified. Positive feedback between technological progress and the level of education reinforced the growth process, setting the stage for an industrial revolution that facilitated an endogenous take-off from the Malthusian trap. The population density rose and with it social and political friction, especially important at the top of the social pyramid. Thus, from a certain turning point of history, the well-to-do have fewer children than the poor.

Once the economic environment improves sufficiently, the evolutionary pressure weakens, and on the basis of spreading egalitarian ideology and general suffrage the quantity of people gains dominance over quality. At present, we have already reached the phase of global human capital deterioration as the necessary prerequisite for a global collapse by which the overpopulated earth will probably decimate those of mediocre IQ.
On the one hand, this will present opportunities for the cognitive elite. On the other, the downward trajectory of society and civilization is almost certainly going to increase as time goes on, IQ continues to decline, and the r/selected increasingly outnumber the K/selected. The welfare system was bad enough, but combining it with low-quality mass immigration is fatal. The longer the negative cycle persists, the more likely it is that the people of the West will eventually have to choose between utterly ruthless eugenics and total civilizational collapse.
When we look at the history of past high civilisations, it is noticeable that it was a long time before internal decay lead to final collapse (Knaul, 1985). From a certain point on there were nearly only failures. The economy stagnated and the finances of the state and of the cities fell more and more into disorder. The number of people depending on welfare rose from year to year, although each new ruler declared it an aim to lower this number. The security of the citizens was no longer guaranteed; the relationship between man and woman had likewise changed as had the relationship between young and old. The whole society seemed to be stricken by an illness and incapable of making and implementing rational and necessary decisions. Although nobody wanted the decline, the states and their inhabitants accepted policies that steered themselves into an abyss in such a way, as though they had no other goal than falling into the abyss. Today, our situation is similar.
Indeed.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:39 PM   #35
spence

Thinking like this is how the Holocaust happened.