Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #61
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
It's kind of ironic that a guy with no children thinks that people should be allowed to use whatever offensive language they want around them, and even though he's not a property owner, he knows what building ordinances should be. That's pretty funny.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
See, there you go putting words in my mouth again. If you knew how to read, you would have seen:
Quote:
Your combining two different things. Not once have I said swearing in front of children is acceptable. It's not. Hell, I typically don't swear in front of women. What I'm saying is that just because it's unacceptable, doesn't mean that Big Brother should be regulating it.

Legally acceptable and socially acceptable are two completely different things - Big Brother should be involved in the former and not at all in the latter.
Same as owning a fishing rod doesn't make a person a fisherman, just because you own a house and have kids doesn't automatically make you an authority on the subjects. There are plenty of neglectful parents and pitiful homeowners out there. But you feel free to continue twisting reality to fit your weak argument.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #62
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
But you feel free to continue twisting reality to fit your weak argument.
You're funny, JD. I wasn't making an argument. I was just saying you sounded stupid. It's an opinion, not an argument. I'd put a smiley here but I can't from my phone, so don't get your panties in a knot.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 06-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #63
Saltheart

It doesn't matter because when the inspector told him he couldn't have Tulips he responded by saying..... Damn , I should have planted more F'in Roses instead. Now he's been sentenced to life in prison for breaking the zoning ordinance and swearing about it .

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Old 06-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #64
Redsoxticket

When it comes to wetlands and vegetation there are certain plants that are essential to protect the ecosystem and wetland and tulips are not on the list.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #65
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

He said he has 1,400 more tulip bulbs on order and fears he might be stuck planting them elsewhere because zoning requires “natural vegetation.”
I'd cancel the tulip order and plant skunk cabbage as a " natural vegetation" plant.

" Choose Life "