Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-25-2022, 12:12 PM   #391
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
For a moment, just contemplate the difference in moral character between the two men on the so-called "perfect" phone call.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Contemplating your moral character is easier as you display a constant lack of it.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:16 PM   #392
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Contemplating your moral character is easier as you display a constant lack of it.
Sure, tankie

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 12:19 PM   #393
detbuch

Quote:
Trump impeached after freezing $400 million in military aid to Ukraine during "perfect" phone call.
Trump says Ukraine crisis would not have happened if he were still president.
Trump said Crimea is part of Russia, not Ukraine.
Trump praised Putin actions as "genius" and "savvy."
Trump has said a lot of things, many of which you won't quote because they don't fit your one-dimensional portrayal of him. And many of which you twist into the pretzel of disinformation you wish to feed us.

Trump is not the President. Biden is. The Democrats have control of all three branches.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:33 PM   #394
scottw

pete seems extraordinarily bitter...
Old 02-25-2022, 12:35 PM   #395
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Trump impeached after freezing $400 million in military aid to Ukraine during "perfect" phone call.
Trump says Ukraine crisis would not have happened if he were still president.
Trump said Crimea is part of Russia, not Ukraine.
Trump praised Putin actions as "genius" and "savvy."
And yet Russian tanks are on the outskirts of Kiev.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 12:47 PM   #396
Jim in CT

you’d never know Biden won the election, based on how much time the liberals dedicate to bashing trump.
Old 02-25-2022, 01:05 PM   #397
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’d never know Biden won the election, based on how much time the liberals dedicate to bashing trump.
"This is genius. Bin Laden takes down these buildings with a couple of planes. How smart is that? That's pretty savvy.

"Bin Laden liked me. I liked him. Had I been in office, this wouldn't have happened."

— What former president Clinton did not say on Sept. 11, 2001

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 01:14 PM   #398
Pete F.
Canceled

Within the first 24 hours of Putin's invasion, Trump was recorded at least three times praising Putin. Twice he called into FoxNews to do it.

Y’all skipped this one
Of course the satirical comment was easier
Nobody’s connecting the dots between Paul Manafort's work in Ukraine, the Trump campaign's change to the GOP platform in 2015, Trump's withholding of support and attempted blackmail of Zelensky, and this invasion.

Not to mention Trump’s planned removal of US troops in
Germany/EU that Biden reversed shortly after taking office.

Trump was setting the stage for this kremlin military action from the day he took office.

Last edited by Pete F.; 02-25-2022 at 04:08 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 01:36 PM   #399
Jim in CT

Quote:
For a moment, just contemplate the difference in moral character between the two men on the so-called "perfect" phone call.
For a moment, tell me why moral character matters much.

Bill Clinton was of low moral character, George W Bush is of good moral character. Does that mean you'd say Bush was superior as president?

What matters, is effectiveness.
Old 02-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #400
Jim in CT

Quote:
He was probably on Epstein's private island at the time doing god knows what.

Bill Clinton is a disgusting person. When the american bar association says you're unfit to associate with lawyers, that's saying something. He's a deeply corrupt scumbag. .

But he was a very good potus.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:06 PM   #401
detbuch

Quote:
"This is genius. Bin Laden takes down these buildings with a couple of planes. How smart is that? That's pretty savvy.

"Bin Laden liked me. I liked him. Had I been in office, this wouldn't have happened."

More of you're critical theory type trickery. You post something that notorious anti-Trump George Conway tweeted, but you don't mention the source. You do insert the quotation marks, but Conway already put them there in his tweet. Conway was never all that meticulously truthful in the things he said about Trump. And I couldn't find with a quick search the words he seems to attribute to Trump actually being said by Trump. Conway's Tweet sounds like something he made up then followed by saying that Clinton never said it. OK . . . so what?

Trump did sort of say the "that's pretty savvy" bit in a radio interview. He said that about Putin's method and rhetoric in the invasion of Ukraine. And he mentioned Putin's framing his invasion as peace-keeping. “How smart is that? And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No . . . Here’s a guy who’s very savvy" It was typical Trump sarcasm. He said that the invasion was a disaster. He was mocking the notion that Putin was merely "peace-keeping."

Last edited by detbuch; 02-25-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-25-2022, 03:59 PM   #402
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
More of you're critical theory type trickery. You post something that notorious anti-Trump George Conway tweeted, but you don't mention the source. You do insert the quotation marks, but Conway already put them there in his tweet. Conway was never all that meticulously truthful in the things he said about Trump. And I couldn't find with a quick search the words he seems to attribute to Trump actually being said by Trump. Conway's Tweet sounds like something he made up then followed by saying that Clinton never said it. OK . . . so what?

Trump did sort of say the "that's pretty savvy" bit in a radio interview. He said that about Putin's method and rhetoric in the invasion of Ukraine. And he mentioned Putin's framing his invasion as peace-keeping. “How smart is that? And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No . . . Here’s a guy who’s very savvy" It was typical Trump sarcasm. He said that the invasion was a disaster. He was mocking the notion that Putin was merely "peace-keeping."
GFY
Trump and his controller and their minions are responsible for this
Just how did Manaforts debts to Derispaska get forgiven?
Who has funded Trump?
What were the Republican senators doing in Moscow on July 4th?
Remember as the sign flying behind the plane said today
Putin welcomes CPAC to Orlando

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #403
Jim in CT

Quote:
GFY

By Jiminy, THAT'S good enough for me! Because everything pulled behind a plane, MUST be true!
Old 02-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #404
detbuch

Quote:
GFY
Who has funded Trump?
Don't know what this debatable, unresolved, speculative, insinuation has to do with Conway's phony tweet. You seem to be struggling for some way to blame everything bad on Trump, and somehow make Biden a glittering arch-angel of good and justice.

You might be more successful if you quit resorting to deception.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:29 PM   #405
JohnR

Quote:
GFY
Who has funded Trump?

You are off your rocker if you think this is Trump's fault. I wish he did more and fvcked up less, I wish he wasn't an a$$hole, I wish Obama did more, I wish Congress did more. I don't want Biden to do anymore. For you to blame this on Trump is a shining example your uberpartisanship.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:03 PM   #406
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The West better get its chit together and start by making Ukraine a "no fly zone". Tonight. Right now. While its capital is still a capital. NATO could more than control the skies with US Airforce involved as NATO force.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:25 PM   #407
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
The West better get its chit together and start by making Ukraine a "no fly zone". Tonight. Right now. While its capital is still a capital. NATO could more than control the skies with US Airforce involved as NATO force.

The moment the West declares a No Fly Zone, WWIII is on like Donkey Kong. Total War. Based on the fact that Vlad is only putting the less capable third of his forces in Ukraine makes me wonder if he is saving it for NATO.

The ONLY things we can do now short of offensive operations against Russian Forces is to provide armaments and intelligence to Ukraine, provide training to UKR personnel outside of Ukraine. Find some extra Fulcrums from former WPact countries, get them more former WPact kit,

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 08:26 PM   #408
detbuch

So now Russia is even threatening Finland and Sweden if they join NATO. This may all wake Europe up to the fact it needs to go on offence. Not necessarily military action yet, but a serious build-up of their military and a very serious posture of being absolutely willing to fight. No more appeasement. No more backing down. No more Munich agreements. No more weakness.

Russia and China have been for several years building up a global coalition that seeks to replace the West as the dominant world power, both economically and militarily.

There may no longer be any room for retreat.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:29 PM   #409
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Guilty conscious !
They know JoBama never won the election.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 02-25-2022, 08:32 PM   #410
wdmso

All Ukraine has left is small unit operations . Tank javelin anti tanks small arm ambushes to harass and delay the Russians and attack extended supply lines and inflict Russian casualties

And I expect the Russians will start brutalizing the civilian population in retaliation of partisan attacks on their forces once they install their puppet Government
Old 02-25-2022, 09:14 PM   #411
Pete F.
Canceled

Ronald Reagan: "Tear down this wall."

Republicans today: "Tear down our president."
Old 02-25-2022, 09:16 PM   #412
wdmso

Putin just claimed Ukraine at the US Military direction is staging their weapons in civilian areas …. All ready spinning the upcoming block by block destruction

Plus he’s de-Nazifying’ Ukraine
Old 02-25-2022, 09:18 PM   #413
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
You are off your rocker if you think this is Trump's fault. I wish he did more and fvcked up less, I wish he wasn't an a$$hole, I wish Obama did more, I wish Congress did more. I don't want Biden to do anymore. For you to blame this on Trump is a shining example your uberpartisanship.
NO
Quite simply, Trump was and is bought and paid for

Trump is a dime-store Putin.

Last edited by Pete F.; 02-25-2022 at 09:38 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-25-2022, 09:30 PM   #414
Pete F.
Canceled

We'll let Putin come to Europe. The Hague is beautiful in the Spring.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:17 PM   #415
JohnR

Quote:
NO
Quite simply, Trump was and is bought and paid for

Trump is a dime-store Putin.

I really feel you would sacrifice anything and everything to take a shot a Trump. It is really unhealthy.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 10:41 PM   #416
JohnR

Make not mistake - we are likely as close to all out nuclear war as we have been since Cuba. Putin is a madman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Putin just claimed Ukraine at the US Military direction is staging their weapons in civilian areas …. All ready spinning the upcoming block by block destruction

Plus he’s de-Nazifying’ Ukraine

Yep. How much have you been watching what is happening there? Seems to me the best and brightest RUS forces have not been as much in contact as expected. Some of the forces used are the Rosgardia, loosely akin, but not as capable / competent as our National Guard units.

The fact that Ukraine still has active AAD and Air Forces not yet 72 hours in is impressive. Block to block fighting in Kyiv might favor the Ukranians.

Ukraine has held Cherniv, Kharkiv, Sumy, Mariupol, the rough line of Kuhansk Donetsk. Yesterday they staged a deep strike to a couple airfields close to Kyiv, initially held those fields but were beaten back enough that the follow on Ilyushins carrying reinforcements were reportedly turned around.

Also rumors of two RUAF Ilyushins shot down tonight IAO Kyiv carrying landing forces with probably a 150-200 troops each.

They have a lot of issues with RUS forces in outskirts of Kyiv as well as a 100-120K breakout from Crimea. Some RUS SF have reportedly shed their RUS uniforms and donned UA uniforms.

Fustercluck

Some estimates of over 3000 Russian casualties so far.

Fighting in Kyiv relatively close to Maidan:

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-25-2022, 10:53 PM   #417
JohnR

Quote:
Ronald Reagan: "Tear down this wall."

Republicans today: "Tear down our president."

Speaking of stealing quotes from other people

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-26-2022, 05:21 AM   #418
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I really feel you would sacrifice anything and everything to take a shot a Trump. It is really unhealthy.
The truth is Biden has made hard intelligence public, transparently - and it turned out true, it has boxed Putin in, he’s rallied nato and the world community and handled this crisis with a sure even hand.

JUST imagine if trump were still president, actually you don’t have to, just read his statements

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-26-2022, 05:29 AM   #419
scottw

Quote:

The truth is Biden has made hard intelligence public, transparently - and it turned out true, it has boxed Putin in, he’s rallied nato and the world community and handled this crisis with a sure even hand.

this is completely delusional......
Old 02-26-2022, 05:30 AM   #420
scottw

best meme comment of the week...

"imagine voting for biden thinking he was going to forgive your student loans and end covid....and all you got was World War 3 and a crack pipe"

A brutal poll number for Joe Biden
Chris Cillizza
CNN Editor-at-large
Fri February 25, 2022

(CNN)Joe Biden has been president for a little over a year. And that year was not kind to him.

In a new NPR/PBS/Marist College poll, more than half -- 56% -- of Americans said that Biden's first year in office was a "failure," while just 39% described it as a success.
The news doesn't get better the more you dig into the survey. Two-thirds of independents said Biden's first year was a failure, while more than 9 in 10 Republicans (91%) agreed with that assessment.