Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-21-2020, 11:04 AM   #91
RickBomba

It was only half-full at the rally.

You see the third deck? Empty...

I can’t believe that out of all the red hats in the country, only 10,000 could make it to his dramatic return.

I love it!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #92
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post

I can’t believe that out of all the red hats in the country, only 10,000 could make it to his dramatic return.

I love it!
Fire department estimated the crowd at 6,200. The overflow rally had to be cancelled. I tried to watch some of it but there was nothing but the airing of petty grievances.

I really don’t understand how anyone can support this person.

What a flop. This is all they have.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:22 AM   #93
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Fire department estimated the crowd at 6,200. The overflow rally had to be cancelled. I tried to watch some of it but there was nothing but the airing of petty grievances.

I really don’t understand how anyone can support this person.

What a flop. This is all they have.
I watched some of it and all I could think of was George Castansa’s dad’s story about Festivus.

I guess it was a rally for the rest of us.

Quick question, was his West Point appearance his Feat of Strength?

Maybe I should send him a stripper pole and say it’s for Festivus.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 06-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #94
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
What does this even mean, stop your racist BS.
If by that I’m racist because I detest dumb arses who don’t believe in science, color me a racist. I think your going off the rails, are you off your meds or is Trumps limp #^&#^&#^&#^& campaign concerning you?
Old 06-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #95
spence

Quote:
Quick question, was his West Point appearance his Feat of Strength?
You’d think instead of spending 10 minutes to explain why he had trouble with a glass of water or walking down a ramp he could have used that time to address covid or the protests. Wait, he really doesn’t care about either.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #96
RickBomba

Navarro is getting crucified right now.

Our tax dollars at work.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #97
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

I love it!
It could mean that Trump supporters who actually have a brain realized attending wasn’t worth the risk and then there are 6200 supporters who don’t have common sense and good judgement. I frankly am surprised SD’s better half didn’t spring for a charter flight and back stage pass, he clearly should have been there. Your biggest fans need to show up or shut up.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #98
Pete F.
Canceled

The best take away from Trump’s rally is that racism isn’t as popular as it used to be.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #99
PaulS

Did he talk at all about how is North Korean and Iranian policies worked so well? Did you give us an update when exactly he's going to wipe out the debt?
Old 06-21-2020, 03:54 PM   #100
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Did he talk at all about how is North Korean and Iranian policies worked so well? Did you give us an update when exactly he's going to wipe out the debt?
I think those topics were scheduled for the overflow rally.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #101
wdmso

His campaign were digging in on it was fear of protesters or protesters not allowing people in..to the event.. video has disproved such claims but clearly they dont care....

reality collided with fantasy and cult of personality and empty seats
Old 06-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

The Trump admin. has been sitting on nearly $14B in funding that Congress passed for coronavirus testing and contact tracing.

Because if you don't test and don't trace contacts?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Trump admin. has been sitting on nearly $14B in funding that Congress passed for coronavirus testing and contact tracing.

Because if you don't test and don't trace contacts?

Watch the whole rally speech. It was spiced with a lot of humor--Trumpian humor. Your little video snippet doesn't do the tone and intention justice. It's a typical example of fake news.

From one of your favorite sources, The Guardian: "Navarro insisted Trump’s comment was 'tongue in cheek' and made in a 'light moment'. To Tapper’s contention that 'a deadly pandemic, where almost 120,000 Americans' have died might not be 'really a good subject for a light moment', Navarro said: 'He takes that absolutely seriously.' "

If you're used to Trump's style, you'ld take it for the "light moment" that it was. Of course, if you hate Trump you would absolutely say that he meant it.

Maybe some staffer will leak that he actually, seriously, requested that testing be slowed down. In the meantime, testing is voluminous.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Watch the whole rally speech. It was spiced with a lot of humor--Trumpian humor. Your little video snippet doesn't do the tone and intention justice. It's a typical example of fake news.

From one of your favorite sources, The Guardian: "Navarro insisted Trump’s comment was 'tongue in cheek' and made in a 'light moment'. To Tapper’s contention that 'a deadly pandemic, where almost 120,000 Americans' have died might not be 'really a good subject for a light moment', Navarro said: 'He takes that absolutely seriously.' "

If you're used to Trump's style, you'ld take it for the "light moment" that it was. Of course, if you hate Trump you would absolutely say that he meant it.

Maybe some staffer will leak that he actually, seriously, requested that testing be slowed down. In the meantime, testing is voluminous.
The old fallback, he was being funny.

Meanwhile the Covid Task Force has disappeared, the testing for general admission to the WH has been dismantled and he sits on 14 Billion appropriated by Congress for testing and tracing while the 7 day average climbs to record highs in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.

Not funny

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #105
detbuch

Quote:
The old fallback, he was being funny.
The old truth that is fodder for the typical made up, twisted, fake news.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:54 PM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

And today when asked that question directly he didn’t answer.
Just like Ukraine, the gaslighting apparatus goes into operation.
In a week or so the new narrative will be, of course he did.
123,000 dead and he takes no responsibility
Old 06-22-2020, 02:02 PM   #107
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime.
Prepare for part deux.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-22-2020, 02:06 PM   #108
detbuch

Quote:
And today when asked that question directly he didn’t answer.
Just like Ukraine, the gaslighting apparatus goes into operation.
In a week or so the new narrative will be, of course he did.
123,000 dead and he takes no responsibility
Keep plugging diligently away, eventually your gaslighting may work.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

None required
The liberal plot to make Tweety look stupid, also known as “Operation Just Let Him Speak” is working splendidly.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #110
detbuch

Quote:
None required
The liberal plot to make Tweety look stupid, also known as “Operation Just Let Him Speak” is working splendidly.
Yeah, it's been working splendidly for four years.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yeah, it's been working splendidly for four years.
Yea, and it shows

Now hiring: Unconfirmable Wackos, Dopes, Dogs and candidates who are as dumb as a rock

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I gave John Bolton, who was incapable of being Senate confirmed because he was considered a wacko, and was not liked, a chance. I always like hearing differing points of view. He turned out to be grossly incompetent, and a liar. See judge’s opinion. CLASSIFIED INFORMATION!!!
8:34 AM · Jun 22, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #112
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime.
Prepare for part deux.
I really think your meds need to be checked, clearly your not paying attention, or is this early dementia? So your guy spends 15 minutes of a poorly attended rally explaining why he looked weak walking down a ramp and you think his plan for the country is a good one? It’s all about him, I think Bolton is a selfish individual for coming out now about what we already knew just by watching three years, but this clown cares ONLY about Trump.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:49 PM   #113
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I really think your meds need to be checked, clearly your not paying attention, or is this early dementia? So your guy spends 15 minutes of a poorly attended rally explaining why he looked weak walking down a ramp and you think his plan for the country is a good one? It’s all about him, I think Bolton is a selfish individual for coming out now about what we already knew just by watching three years, but this clown cares ONLY about Trump.
It was typical Trump schtick using comedy to illustrate a point. I watched Trump's whole speech and it was laced with his brand of funny. I thought his enactment of the ramp thing was typical Trump sardonic humor.

You guys always manage to turn his schtick into psychopathic evil.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #114
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump recently stated he has done more for African Americans than anyone since Abraham Lincoln, he uses race to win elections, caring zip for anyone it’s all about him retaining the show and the power. In 2016 it was the dreaded immigrants streaming unchecked into our country, now he knows race issues may take him down in 2020, so it’s all spin now.

Tell me what 15 minutes of discussion about his ramp walk did to help you understand his 2020 platform? I was born, but not yesterday, I see this poser for who he is, I will vote him out and I hope the country agrees. This guy in four years will ruin this country, the environment, our relationships with our allies and embolden our enemies.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #115
detbuch

Quote:
Trump recently stated he has done more for African Americans than anyone since Abraham Lincoln, he uses race to win elections, caring zip for anyone it’s all about him retaining the show and the power. In 2016 it was the dreaded immigrants streaming unchecked into our country, now he knows race issues may take him down in 2020, so it’s all spin now.

Abe Lincoln walked the first step, emancipation.
Abe didn't have the time, and probably not the inclination, to take the next necessary steps. A black analyst, Democrat, shows how Trump took further steps: https://www.newsmax.com/jackbrewer/t.../12/id/924217/

And spin is the polish all politicians, media, and commentators use to embellish their "message." Your pointing to Trump using spin is, like, yeah . . . duh! Hey, you and I are devotees of the method too.

No need for you to be a hypocrite.

Tell me what 15 minutes of discussion about his ramp walk did to help you understand his 2020 platform? I was born, but not yesterday, I see this poser for who he is, I will vote him out and I hope the country agrees. This guy in four years will ruin this country, the environment, our relationships with our allies and embolden our enemies.
Generally, Presidents don't have a political platform, the political party creates and publishes the platform. Rallies, generally, are meant to energize the voters. Humor, such as the ramp schtick, help to generate enthusiasm.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:43 PM   #116
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Keep believing and spinning, you should change your response font color to orange at least then you would be consistent. On a side note who the f*ck are you, I’ve been a member on this site for probably as long as anyone and yet I’ve never seen one post of yours on the main board or any for that matter, do you even own a fishing rod?

Last edited by Got Stripers; 06-22-2020 at 06:52 PM..
Old 06-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

2013 Donald Trump would like to have a word with our current president.

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

Never mind, he was probably joking
Old 06-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #118
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Keep believing and spinning, you should change your response font color to orange at least then you would be consistent. On a side note who the f*ck are you, I’ve been a member on this site for probably as long as anyone and yet I’ve never seen one post of yours on the main board or any for that matter, do you even own a fishing rod?
Come on now, he must, he’s been trolling here for years

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-22-2020, 07:59 PM   #119
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No sorry if you don’t contribute jack sh*t anywhere else on this site you need to go, find yourself a political only site and have at it. If he owns a rod it has a snoopy logo on the top.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:02 PM   #120
detbuch

Quote:
Keep believing and spinning, you should change your response font color to orange at least then you would be consistent.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll take your suggestion into consideration.

On a side note who the f*ck are you, I’ve been a member on this site for probably as long as anyone and yet I’ve never seen one post of yours on the main board or any for that matter, do you even own a fishing rod?
It's been a while, but I've posted several times on other forums in this site--the movie, music, and sports forums in particular, but a few others as well. Been a member for over eleven years. And I no longer own a fishing rod.

There was a time when I hung out with a family who owned a cottage on Harsens Island, and would go fishing with them on the St. Clair River and Lake St. Clair, and a few other places. Nothing big like you guys do on this forum, just small fresh water fish. It was nice to be out on the lake, but wasn't into the hard work of prepping the boat in the spring and wasn't that good at catching anything.

One of my most favorite pieces of literature is Hemingway's Big Two Hearted River. I camped off of it in the U.P one summer many years ago.

I happened on this site not as an intention but more as an accident. I had been selling stuff on ebay as an addition to my pension and social security income--which was the cause of my even being interested in using a computer. So I was a novice at it, and gradually wandered outside of ebay and into the endless ocean of the internet. Long story short, I wanted to verify something going viral about an Australian Prime minister, if I remember correctly, who wrote or said something . . . gosh I can't remember what it was . . . maybe about liberalism or some such thing . . . and found a link to a post by Buckman on this site.

Being introduced to the site, and the political forum on which Buckman's post appeared, I began to read other threads and even old ones. There were these fascinating discussions that I wanted to have but had no outlet for.

I registered and eventually began joining the conversation. I searched for other sites which more realistically fit my personal interests, golf sites, philosophy sites, literary sites, but though they all had political forums, the discussion lacked the "real" quality--the fleshy, salty, sort of blood and guts views that fishermen seem to have, and is mingled with the natural inner search for meanings found in the craft of fishing as can be found in Hemingway's fishing stories, or even in Moby-#^&#^&#^&#^&, for that matter.

So I ignored the other forums and have become addicted to this one. You guys are, for sure, really "real." I was sorry to see some move on to other places and are no longer part of the discussions here. I remember, with respect if not fondly, the great JohnnyD who loved to stir the pot. And RIJimmy who moved to Texas. Of course, there are those regulars on "my side" here with whom I mostly agree and whose posts give me a pick-me-up who I won't name since I can't remember them all at the moment, but will give special mention of Scottw, my twin brother from another mother, and, of course, my nemeses like you and PeteF and Spence, who annoy the $hit out of me, but who I respect for your efforts and without whom there would be no discussion. And reserve a very special mention of JohnR and The Dad Fisherman who I highly respect for their attempt to be neutral and balanced. Though I'm sure that many of us make it hard for them to maintain their cool.

So if you want to start a thread to vote if I should remain on the site, that would be interesting. And I would abide, without resentment, the final decision. Probably don't have much time left on this side of dirt anyway. And should be doing something more productive with the time I have left.