Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #1
RickBomba

It Is What It Is

That Axios interview was a freaking abortion.

Guess he is what he is.

#HeHadToUseBothHandsToShowHisCharts

#25thAmendment

#RipThatBandAidOffMurica

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
PaulS

The party of no empathy or compassion.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The party of no empathy or compassion.

Takes a brain to have empathy.

#TrumpBrainsNeedNurturing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Hey you heard him it is what it is, frankly I’m surprised he didn’t follow up that super empathetic comment with whatever.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-04-2020 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 06:43 AM   #5
spence

He just simply doesn’t care. Birx and Fauci are the real enemy anyway.

America 1st ... in deaths.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:14 AM   #6
Nebe

Lock him up
Old 08-05-2020, 11:02 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He just simply doesn’t care. Birx and Fauci are the real enemy anyway.

So are you OK with Pelosi attacking Birx the way she is? Or is it only wrong to attack them when Republicans do it?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

And guess which states are driving Americas death counts?

NY, NJ, CT. You know, all those right-wing places.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

so you think the reason those States had the high mortality was because they were right wing?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:

Jim must have been watching laura ingraham ... with that logic I assume their doing a better job because people aren't dying in droves . like 1000 a day is what it is to you ... what a pathetic matrix to use

I guess they weren't real americans who died just one less liberal in your mind to you and your pal Trump it is what it is .. I hope I really do hope that no one close to you or others who think the same way as you die from Covid 19 or even get its .. because, it is what it is.. won't have the same ring to it when its someone you care about
Old 08-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I think that interview shows off his true mental acuity, and Swane just ate him up and the campaign manager is insane allowing Trump to do those interviews. I hope he does one a week from now until the election, just keep giving him the shovel and he will dig his grave deeper.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

what a pathetic matrix to use
What??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	intro-1576775790.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	67255  

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 08-05-2020 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 12:43 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Some states learn from their mistakes NY NJ CT all have low deaths and new cases last seven days
Some are making them now
MISS FL AZ S.C. LA TX AL NV GA
Old 08-05-2020, 01:07 PM   #14
Nebe

Quote:

You realize that all the mental midgets who refuse to wear masks are all right meaning freedom loving mouth breathers, right???
Old 08-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Some states learn from their mistakes NY NJ CT all have low deaths and new cases last seven days
Some are making them now

this is stupid...go look at the graphs from each state...with the exception of Louisiana who had some early rise the states you listed all had low instance through june then and bump and they are trending down now...other states like Colorado had a bump in june..the only difference is when the rise occurred and the deaths per million in which the states of NJ, NJ, Mass, RI and CT are still huge leaders... California has the most total cases...these states will get hit again...that's when we'll see if they learned from their mistakes...our gina is already in a panic...washington, minnesota are having a surge...probably nothing to do with the mayhem on the streets every night
Old 08-05-2020, 01:24 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
so you think the reason those States had the high mortality was because they were right wing?
I assume you mean left-wing? No, I don't think it's because those states are left wing. But I also think it's really a leap to say it's Trumps fault. I was showing the lunacy of suggesting that one person controls all that.

And any sane comparison would look at death rates, not absolute number of deaths. I's expect more deaths in a country of 330 million than a country one-tenth that size.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:28 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim must have been watching laura ingraham ... with that logic I assume their doing a better job because people aren't dying in droves . like 1000 a day is what it is to you ... what a pathetic matrix to use

I guess they weren't real americans who died just one less liberal in your mind to you and your pal Trump it is what it is .. I hope I really do hope that no one close to you or others who think the same way as you die from Covid 19 or even get its .. because, it is what it is.. won't have the same ring to it when its someone you care about
I never, ever watch her. Too late.

As usual, you posted some jibberish so not sure what you're saying. Here's what I'm saying...the worst states in terms of death rates, happen to be liberal. So it's a stretch to blame Trump. But it's your whole reason to exist right now, so knock yourself out.

Trump didn't tell Diblasio and Pelosi to go on TV in late February and tell people it was safe to go out in public, crowded places. If they get zero blame for that, I'd like you to tell me why. And "because they are democrats" isn't a good reason.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:

"I guess they weren't real americans who died "

Can't imagine where you got that from. You're hearing voices.

We lose tens of thousands to the flu, to car accidents....but we don't stop living. We were told we just needed to flatten the curve, remember? We did that, no hospitals were overrun, Americans weren't choking to death in hospital waiting rooms for lack of ventilators. That didn't happen.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:31 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
You realize that all the mental midgets who refuse to wear masks are all right meaning freedom loving mouth breathers, right???
Most are, and I can't fathom the opposition to wearing masks. Stupid.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Some are making them now
So the overall death rate doesn't matter. What matters, is comparing death rates over any time horizon you can find, to tell the political tale you want to tell.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #21
Nebe

Quote:
Most are, and I can't fathom the opposition to wearing masks. Stupid.
I can help you fathom it if you need help. They are #^&#^&#^&#^&ing idiots.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
I assume you mean left-wing? No, I don't think it's because those states are left wing. But I also think it's really a leap to say it's Trumps fault. I was showing the lunacy of suggesting that one person controls all that.

And any sane comparison would look at death rates, not absolute number of deaths. I's expect more deaths in a country of 330 million than a country one-tenth that size.
Yes left wing LOL. I agree one person is not totally a fault. I'll give Trump some credit for Banning some travel from China but I think he's been absent and it showed no leadership Compassion or empathy.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:54 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is stupid...go look at the graphs from each state...with the exception of Louisiana who had some early rise the states you listed all had low instance through june then and bump and they are trending down now...other states like Colorado had a bump in june..the only difference is when the rise occurred and the deaths per million in which the states of NJ, NJ, Mass, RI and CT are still huge leaders... California has the most total cases...these states will get hit again...that's when we'll see if they learned from their mistakes...our gina is already in a panic...washington, minnesota are having a surge...probably nothing to do with the mayhem on the streets every night
This is based on the last seven days statistics and that tells the current trend
NY NJ and CT have declining rates of infection and death
The others I named have risen
The goal is to win the battle against the virus and what happens tomorrow and going forward is all that can be changed.
Testing, tracing, isolation of suspect cases, social distancing and wearing masks are the only current defenses.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-05-2020, 05:07 PM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
"I guess they weren't real americans who died "

Can't imagine where you got that from. You're hearing voices.

We lose tens of thousands to the flu, to car accidents....but we don't stop living. We were told we just needed to flatten the curve, remember? We did that, no hospitals were overrun, Americans weren't choking to death in hospital waiting rooms for lack of ventilators. That didn't happen.
Again you can spin anything. When you make comparison of Americans who have died as red or blue states you've made a distinction I hear you loud and clear

150 thousand deaths you really are clueless about how this pandemic works . Please you and your family members can be out front if you think we flattened ..anything. ..
Old 08-05-2020, 07:43 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Twitter Temporarily Blocks Trump From Tweeting for First Time Ever, Signaling It Will No Longer Permit Him to Post COVID-19 Misinformation—As It Could Cost Lives
Old 08-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #26
Sea Dangles

������

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-06-2020, 04:57 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:
This is based on the last seven days statistics and that tells the current trend

no, you based your "analysis" on the last 7 days..I looked a March-August
Old 08-06-2020, 05:27 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
you realize that the big numbers in the states that have had a rise recently, California, TX, GA, FLA, Az are all in the counties that are around LA, Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Phoenix, "not bastions of right meaning mouth breathing"......I see lot's of leftist wearing their mask under their noses probably so they can look down their noses at others without obstruction....that's the "woke" way to wear it from what I've heard I guess all of the democrats running around in gas masks and helmets these days are pretty safe though

ps...in RI the increases are in Porv, Pawt and CF which is where all of RI's right wing mouth breathing non-mask wearers are apparently

Last edited by scottw; 08-06-2020 at 06:15 AM..
Old 08-06-2020, 06:58 AM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

There is no right or left when it comes to self centered stupid people who couldn’t care less about spreading this, if it cuts into their party and social plans. It’s a sad commentary on this country’s social and moral sensibilities, which is why it has always been so important for better messaging from the top and more national mandates on what everyone needed to do to collectively get this under control.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:21 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
There is no right or left when it comes to self centered stupid people who couldn’t care less about spreading this, if it cuts into their party and social plans. It’s a sad commentary on this country’s social and moral sensibilities, which is why it has always been so important for better messaging from the top and more national mandates on what everyone needed to do to collectively get this under control.
weren't you the guy bitching that you couldn't go golfing early on because you knew how to socially distance effectively and golf safely and therefore should not be restricted while others were...probably some of the same mentality