Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You mean the Russians don't already own Trump?
I think the question of Russians laundering money through the Trump Organization and holding tremendous influence over the sitting POTUS is something that deserves a serious looking into, assuming Mueller doesn't already have the answers...and this isn't a partisan statement.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the question of Russians laundering money through the Trump Organization and holding tremendous influence over the sitting POTUS is something that deserves a serious looking into, assuming Mueller doesn't already have the answers...and this isn't a partisan statement.
Why in the hell does that "question" take so long to answer? It didn't take long to nail Manafort. Mueller didn't take that much time to indict a bunch of Russians--as meaningless as that was. Cohen was taken down pretty quick. It looks like Stone and Corsi will be indicted in short order.

It shouldn't take that much time to get someone as stupid, incompetent, shallow, unserious, careless, and so loaded with lies and corruption as you make Trump out to be. Were talking the FBI with a host of tricky, ravenous lawyers who have a record for bringing down their prey by any means necessary.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Why in the hell does that "question" take so long to answer? It didn't take long to nail Manafort. Mueller didn't take that much time to indict a bunch of Russians--as meaningless as that was. Cohen was taken down pretty quick. It looks like Stone and Corsi will be indicted in short order.

It shouldn't take that much time to get someone as stupid, incompetent, shallow, unserious, careless, and so loaded with lies and corruption as you make Trump out to be. Were talking the FBI with a host of tricky, ravenous lawyers who have a record for bringing down their prey by any means necessary.
This investigation seems to be going very quickly and is producing a lot of results compared to others of this importance.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
This investigation seems to be going very quickly and is producing a lot of results compared to others of this importance.
Finally, some crystal clarity rather than the usual insinuations, peripheral maybes, accusations, name-calling, labeling, and murky suppositions.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:21 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
someone as stupid, incompetent, shallow, unserious, careless, and so loaded with lies and corruption.
Finally something that makes sense, your starting to see the light!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #36
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
X2
Old 11-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #37
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Are you going to make another prediction regarding this matter Jeff? You have a track record on things like this. Tell us what your insiders say.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
For someone who embraces seeing the light, it is a deceitful leap back into darkness for you to leave out the words between the period and the last word of my sentence which you quoted.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
For someone who embraces seeing the light, it is a deceitful leap back into darkness for you to leave out the words between the period and the last word of my sentence which you quoted.
Back into darkness, oh goodness no, I was looking to lighten it up, this forum is dark enough as it is.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Back into darkness, oh goodness no, I was looking to lighten it up, this forum is dark enough as it is.
That's why I added the emoticon.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Are you going to make another prediction regarding this matter Jeff? You have a track record on things like this. Tell us what your insiders say.
Is my track record based on reality or you reading Scott’s posts. What is my track record?
Old 11-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #42
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
It’s easy to mock what you don’t understand.
Isn’t this Trump’s tagline?

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #43
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Is my track record based on reality or you reading Scott’s posts. What is my track record?
Who is Scott? And what does he have to do with you making predictions that never come true?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Isn’t this Trump’s tagline?
Listening to his rallies it is funny.

"lock her up" for a woman who hasn't been arrested for anything when you are shouting it w/a Pres. under investigation and dozens of his staff arrested, indicted or under investigation

"drain the swamp" when you have cabinet members and people in the admin. who have lost their jobs for using their office to benefit from it.

What is the definition of mouth breather?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

w/a Pres. under investigation and dozens of his staff arrested, indicted or under investigation
huh?

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...-trump-2017-12
Old 11-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #46
PaulS

A performance of “Fiddler on the Roof” in Baltimore Wednesday night was marred by a man yelling “Heil Hitler, Heil Trump,” according to the Baltimore Sun.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #47
Sea Dangles

Quote:
A performance of “Fiddler on the Roof” in Baltimore Wednesday night was marred by a man yelling “Heil Hitler, Heil Trump,” according to the Baltimore Sun.
Her name was Michelle Obama.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #48
fishbones

Quote:
Her name was Michelle Obama.
Hahahahaha!

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

“Veterans Day often follows a hard-fought political campaign, an exercise in the free speech and self-government that you fought for. It often lays bare disagreements across our nation. But the American instinct has never been to find isolation in opposite corners. It is to find strength in our common creed, to forge unity from our great diversity, to sustain that strength and unity even when it is hard.

“It’s the example of the single most diverse institution in our country—soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and coastguardsmen who represent every corner of our country, every shade of humanity, immigrant and native-born, Christian, Muslim, Jew, and nonbeliever alike, all forged into common service.”
Barack Obama at Arlington, Veterans Day 2016

I suppose he could have stayed in the White House and sulked.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
“Veterans Day often follows a hard-fought political campaign, an exercise in the free speech and self-government that you fought for. It often lays bare disagreements across our nation. But the American instinct has never been to find isolation in opposite corners. It is to find strength in our common creed, to forge unity from our great diversity, to sustain that strength and unity even when it is hard.

“It’s the example of the single most diverse institution in our country—soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and coastguardsmen who represent every corner of our country, every shade of humanity, immigrant and native-born, Christian, Muslim, Jew, and nonbeliever alike, all forged into common service.”
Barack Obama at Arlington, Veterans Day 2016

I suppose he could have stayed in the White House and sulked.
He regrets that he didn't go, and says he should have gone, but he reveals, contrary to the false notions created by various media. This is a very good interview with him by Chris Wallace. It covers a lot of things, including what HE means by fake news as opposed to what the media says he means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=e9pPFpGoy5E
Old 11-19-2018, 01:57 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
It is.

I saw something yesterday, a couple posts by a couple people smarter than me, that hit on a few points. A politician (Macron) is going to Politik.

But maybe Nationalism is different in other countries where the culture is pretty homogeneous. You know the French are mostly French, 'cept when they've been invaded (from Germany you Dog Whistle Hearers). The Germans thinking the German race is the master race, etc.

But with America we celebrate shared ideals. We are not French or Germans or Sri Lankans (except for those that want to divide us along those lines). Since as Americans we are a mix of all different things we try to bind along ideals like opportunity and liberty. That yes, Americans should move our interest and ideals first and be the inspiration for other people to do the same.

A little nationalism in our ideals, Freedom and Opportunity is a good thing. Ultra-nationalism based on skin color and ethnicity is what is dumb, and is, ya know, racist and fascist.
I don't think what you say here is a difficult concept to understand. Your idea of what is now being touted as an American nationalism is what Bannon refers to as American economic nationalism and what Trump refers to when he claims to be a nationalist.

But the anti-Trump media either can't, or won't recognize Trump's easy to understand version by insisting on another version promulgated by Mussolini and Hitler, in which nationalism has strong ingredients of racism, fascism. This insinuates that Trump is a fascist racist whatever. And I believe that they stubbornly refuse to recognize the version you speak of in order to intentionally cast Trump as a fascist racist. As I say, it is not at all difficult to understand your version, nor Trump's version which is virtually the same as yours. Which is why I think the media intentionally distorts the truth and is "fake" when it does so.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
He regrets that he didn't go, and says he should have gone, but he reveals, contrary to the false notions created by various media. This is a very good interview with him by Chris Wallace. It covers a lot of things, including what HE means by fake news as opposed to what the media says he means:

I don't have time to rebut all of Trumps false claims in this interview, he continually issues false statements or half-truths and claims that they are true.
Listen to this supposed Clinton supporter, who's given more to this country than Trump could ever think of
https://youtu.be/K5D6z0VSpEc

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #53
Sea Dangles

Fake news
Old 11-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #54
spence

Quote:

He regrets not going because of the bad press, not because it means anything to him personally.

As for the interview, he didn’t look good.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #55
scottw

Quote:

I don't have time to rebut all of Trumps false claims in this interview

sure ya do...

go for it .
Old 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #56
spence

Quote:
I don't have time to rebut all of Trumps false claims in this interview, he continually issues false statements or half-truths and claims that they are true.
Listen to this supposed Clinton supporter, who's given more to this country than Trump could ever think of
Not to mention disparaging such a respected and dedicated military hero. You have to wonder if he has any concept for patriotism, sacrifice, duty...
Old 11-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I don't think what you say here is a difficult concept to understand. Your idea of what is now being touted as an American nationalism is what Bannon refers to as American economic nationalism and what Trump refers to when he claims to be a nationalist.

But the anti-Trump media either can't, or won't recognize Trump's easy to understand version by insisting on another version promulgated by Mussolini and Hitler, in which nationalism has strong ingredients of racism, fascism. This insinuates that Trump is a fascist racist whatever. And I believe that they stubbornly refuse to recognize the version you speak of in order to intentionally cast Trump as a fascist racist. As I say, it is not at all difficult to understand your version, nor Trump's version which is virtually the same as yours. Which is why I think the media intentionally distorts the truth and is "fake" when it does so.
He knows he's blowing a dogwhistle and you respond every time, like a good obedient Trump Nationalist.

He's not a narcissist at all: "I would give myself, I would -- look, I hate to do it, but I will do it. I would give myself an A-plus, is that enough? Can I go higher than that?"

And when the media doesn't concur, he then judges them fake

And then you have Real news written by a Real president consisting of halftruths, falsehoods and a remark that would be expected from a sixth grader

So funny to see little Adam Schitt (D-CA) talking about the fact that Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker was not approved by the Senate, but not mentioning the fact that Bob Mueller (who is highly conflicted) was not approved by the Senate!

Hopefully you can figure out the lack of truth in the tweet above, or perhaps in your's and Trump's America, Trumps claims outweigh the rule of law.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #58
scottw

Quote:

He knows he's blowing a dogwhistle
leftists need some new material...
Old 11-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #59
PaulS

Pres. Trump has said that he has made a lot of sacrifices.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #60
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Pres. Trump has said that he has made a lot of sacrifices.
Avoiding STD's was his Vietnam, after all...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"