Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Flaptail

Talking My Sunday afternoon adventure in the Brockton Wal-Mart

Ooh Boy! I had to go up to Cambridge to help my daughter outfit and clean up her apartment. She needed shades and cutlery etc, so after measuring for the shades and cleaning the palce we decided to make a run down to IKEA and then over to the Brocton Wal-Mart for the shades.

I kea was great, lots of eye candy to keep a Dad occupieed while she shopped for utensils and such.

We go over to Wal-mart and the fun starts almost immediatly. A group of young men are walking through the parking lot checking door security, I guess, on vehicles parked in the lot ( probably left a note for those found open about the need to lock up, The Brockton PD show and they scoot. Then we walk in and as soon as we enter the little horn starts going off as a warning that some one is trying to leave with an un-paid item(s). As the manager is asking about the four cordless phone sets on the bottom rack of the carriage the young man ( who looked like he might have been related to the security check team in the parking lot) says to her "oh I forgot about those." And she says "we'll come right back in and I will ring them up for you" to which he answers, "no, I don't really want them now and bolts out the door.

Mean while, in the 12 items or less aisle me and daughter number 1 are waiting behind to other gentlemen ( who also starngely look like they could be related to the parking lot car door security check team members) have a big max cold cooler , a beach ball and a black rug they want to pay for. Problem 1, the rug is not marked right and the girl behind the counter, ( whio could be their sista) says, whoa, this rug's price has been changed, does a price check and sure enough, somebaody changed the rug from 34 dollars to 2.99 amazing, who would do such a thing? So they say alright forget the rug just check us out on the cooler and beachball. So she scans the ball then the cooler and one of these fine gentleman says can you hurry up woman we got a party (pronounced "pa-teh) to go to, where upon she says, "Oh, and would youm mind opening the cooler"? to which one answers, "ain't nuthin in it" while his bro beats feet out of the store kinds quickly like and the clerk opens it up and it's stuffed with radios, watches etc and the other just takes off to catch up with his friend.

Guess he forgot about the stuff inside, oh well everyone makes mistakes don't you think?

What a place. I thought it was hype on the tv but nope, Brockton's for real. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote