Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-21-2019, 04:05 PM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what are you saying these kids were doing, which was trump-like? watch the video, and be specific
please...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Every one involved including the adults and these kids and the adults who allowed it to happen. We're acting Trump like
Old 01-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
oh i don’t think i said she’s a hero, my point was that even she ran away from a liberal women’s march, specifically because of
anti semitism.
Many people went because just like you supporting Trump, they saw a greater good.
One of the main organizers was a Farrakhan supporter and I think she is ill-advised.
The other one is a Palestinian and I think they deserve a voice.
The mainstream Zionist organizations don't want anyone to speak against Israel and push back.
Attached is an interesting piece written by a woman a few years ago about Israel and Palestine. I think it is worth reading.
https://ethicalfocus.org/the-israel-...ng-narratives/
This country seems to be headed for the same divisions, maybe we also need books for HS students that illustrate the differing viewpoints of Republicans and Democrats rather than just rhetoric from each side.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Every one involved including the adults and these kids and the adults who allowed it to happen. We're acting Trump like
allowed what to happen?
Old 01-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Many people went because just like you supporting Trump, they saw a greater good.
One of the main organizers was a Farrakhan supporter and I think she is ill-advised.
The other one is a Palestinian and I think they deserve a voice.
The mainstream Zionist organizations don't want anyone to speak against Israel and push back.
Attached is an interesting piece written by a woman a few years ago about Israel and Palestine. I think it is worth reading.
https://ethicalfocus.org/the-israel-...ng-narratives/
This country seems to be headed for the same divisions, maybe we also need books for HS students that illustrate the differing viewpoints of Republicans and Democrats rather than just rhetoric from each side.
so now i’m confused. is it ok to ignore one bad thing ( anti semitism) for the greater good? or is it wrong? liberals seem to think sometimes that’s ok, sometimes it’s not. what’s the verdict?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:29 PM   #35
Jim in CT

to the liberals here...

for an hour, a bunch of black maniacs screamed the
most vile, racist, bigoted epithets at these kids, that you can imagine. the kids were standing there waiting to get in a bus.

enter the native american, who claimed that the white kids were “beasts”, and that the black maniacs were the “prey”, and the media ran with that. because it confirmed what they desperately, desperately want to be true.

these kids got death threats. kids. and there’s. o evidence they did anything malicious. except being white males at a pro life rally wearing maga hats. that’s enough these days.

disgusting.

as usual, they got it exactly wrong.

fake news. but good politics.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-21-2019 at 08:34 PM..
Old 01-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so now i’m confused. is it ok to ignore one bad thing ( anti semitism) for the greater good? or is it wrong? liberals seem to think sometimes that’s ok, sometimes it’s not. what’s the verdict?
One’s one of the organizers of a March
One’s the President
You still don’t see any difference?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #37
Jim in CT

pete, your side is putting The Narrative, ahead of what’s in video evidence, today. this is the duke lacrosse case all over again, the liberal maniacs learned exactly nothing. zip. irrefutable evidence is to be ignored if it doesn’t serve The Narrative. you ignore your own senses when
they contradict The Narrative.

It’s been a rough weekend for the left, and as for the media, I’d
listen to a guy roller skating down main street in a mini skirt and a surgeons mask, before i’d listen to nbc or cnn ( or sean hannity by the way). my god, man. just watch the tape!

these are children. but they were white, catholic, at a pro life rally, wearing maga hats. so they deserve death threats? what the hell is wrong with you people?

the media is
being dangerously reckless.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-21-2019 at 10:18 PM..
Old 01-22-2019, 12:26 AM   #38
Sea Dangles

Quote:
This statement is Trump like. Very divisive.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-22-2019, 07:15 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
what did the children do, that was trump like? have you seen the full video? black men stood in front of them for an hour, calling them racists, crackers, fagg—s, incest babies, and told their black classmate that his white peers were going to harvest his organs. the kids were just standing there waiting to be picked up by a bus. then this native american, who said the kids were “beasts” and the black maniacs were “prey”, got right in the kids face. he blamed the kids, somehow, and got in their faces, literally. the
native is either an idiot for getting it that wrong, or he was lying. the media ran with it, and launched their deranged mob at the kids, who are receiving death threats.

that’s what happened. there aren’t two sides to this, we have the video. we have the insane statements of the native american.

the media has no credibility, they are all the exact mirror image of sean hannity. they are fake news, they are absolutely the enemy of those children. they are sacrificing those kids’ futures, for The Narrative. they will clearly abandon journalistic standards to advance their agenda, there is
no disputing that anymore. it happened twice this weekend. with buzzfeed and this.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Quote:
One’s one of the organizers of a March
One’s the President
You still don’t see any difference?
Quote:
pete, your side is putting The Narrative, ahead of what’s in video evidence, today. this is the duke lacrosse case all over again, the liberal maniacs learned exactly nothing. zip. irrefutable evidence is to be ignored if it doesn’t serve The Narrative. you ignore your own senses when
they contradict The Narrative.

It’s been a rough weekend for the left, and as for the media, I’d
listen to a guy roller skating down main street in a mini skirt and a surgeons mask, before i’d listen to nbc or cnn ( or sean hannity by the way). my god, man. just watch the tape!

these are children. but they were white, catholic, at a pro life rally, wearing maga hats. so they deserve death threats? what the hell is wrong with you people?

the media is
being dangerously reckless.

What are you talking about, where did i mention children, I think you have Trumplican Deranged Victim Syndrome bad

I can think of someone who set one whacko off on a bombing mission and another on a mass murder at a synagogue, if you want to discuss "what's wrong with you people" and being dangerously reckless.
That will set your TDVS off again

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #41
scottw

Old 01-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I know I wouldn’t let my kids act in such a beastly manner with all the yelling and jumping.

I know I wouldn't let my grandfather wander around in his pajamas bothering people with his drum....
Old 01-22-2019, 09:06 AM   #43
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I know I wouldn't let my grandfather wander around in his pajamas bothering people with his drum....
Pathetic and deplorable.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:
Pathetic and deplorable.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pathetic and deplorable.
he called the kids beasts, and the black maniacs their
prey. he literally could
not have been more wrong. either it was a colossal honest mistake, or he was lying. i don’t know which it is, but there isn’t a third option.

why any native American would feel compelled to serve in the military after what we did to them, is literally beyond me. so he is (or was) generous, brave, and patriotic. but for him to claim that the kids were the aggressors, is crazy. bonkers.

and when the media ran with the story that the kids blocked his path, when he was the one who got right in their faces, is horrible.

it did look like some of the
kids were mocking him with their dancing, who the hell knows what they were thinking after getting screamed at for an hour
by the black maniacs, and then having this weirdo get 3 inches from the face of a classmate. i saw that as an attempt to provoke, i don’t know how it can be taken any other way, not when you combine it with his statements that the kids were the aggressors and that he was intervening with that in mind. and there’s no sane way for anyone to have thought that the kids were to blame, not at that point. the kids were standing there getting screamed at. they did nothing to the black hate group, the video
makes that crystal clear.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Comical timeline of the latest media BS
Outrage online as a group of white kids in MAGA hats accost a native american protester, just shameful
Hold on! A new two hour video has emerged showing the kids are wholesome, were yelled at by black Israelites and did not-I repeat did not do a racism
That's weird because they did mock the guy
He came at them with a drum
Also there were Crazy Blacks
Phew! There was an initial rush to judgement there, but I think we got it white just in time.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Outrage online as a group of white kids in MAGA hats accost a native american protester, just shameful
Hold on! A new two hour video has emerged showing the kids are wholesome, were yelled at by black Israelites and did not-I repeat did not do a racism
That's weird because they did mock the guy
He came at them with a drum
Also there were Crazy Blacks
Phew! There was an initial rush to judgement there, but I think we got it white just in time.
Pete F, the Sandmann kid, the one at the center of all this, was accused of blocking the Native American's path. In fact, we was standing there doing nothing, when the weirdo got in his face. The kid showed amazing confidence and poise, standing there with a smile on his face. He did nothing. And he's getting death threats.

You're parsing the events, cutting and pasting into a sequence that fits your narrative. I have little doubt that some of the teenagers were mocking the Native American - but that was AFTE having the black Israelites screaming at them for an hour, and after having the native American get in their classmate's face.

The kid who stood there smiling, and then had a weirdo get in his face, is receiving death threats. He's a junior in high school. And you have nothing to say about that. Zip.

You're crazy.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:31 AM   #48
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Seems Twitter and CNN believe it was "Fake News"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/...ens/index.html

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #49
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

My take is I don’t give a f*ck, it’s noise distracting from the real issue, that the government and it’s workers are being held hostage over a campaign promise. I see disrespectful behavior every summer, as I live on the only street allowing public parking for white horse beach in Plymouth, which for decades has been the party beach for the surrounding towns. Want to take a guess what color most of my trouble comes from, whether it’s yelling, swearing in front of the neighborhood kids, throwing their empty beer cans and trash in our yards or peeing in plain sight? Yeah you guessed it white young adults with no respect. One black familiy we have actually given permission to park in our driveway after having a pleasant respectful conversation when they asked where they could legally park and the same is true for another family we think might be Hispanic or Brazilian. I’d say 99% of all the trouble is with young white males.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:24 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
My take is I don’t give a f*ck, it’s noise distracting from the real issue, that the government and it’s workers are being held hostage over a campaign promise. I see disrespectful behavior every summer, as I live on the only street allowing public parking for white horse beach in Plymouth, which for decades has been the party beach for the surrounding towns. Want to take a guess what color most of my trouble comes from, whether it’s yelling, swearing in front of the neighborhood kids, throwing their empty beer cans and trash in our yards or peeing in plain sight? Yeah you guessed it white young adults with no respect. One black familiy we have actually given permission to park in our driveway after having a pleasant respectful conversation when they asked where they could legally park and the same is true for another family we think might be Hispanic or Brazilian. I’d say 99% of all the trouble is with young white males.
you don’t give a f*ck that the media threw high school students under the bus this way? what if that was your son? can you imagine what that family is going through? he got death threats, because the media cares more about slamming Trump supporters, then they care about getting the facts.

at the same time, it’s time to end the shutdown. pelosi isnt going to budge, so there’s no point to it. open the government, let trump declare his emergency, order the wall, and head to court to fight it out.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #51
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Want to take a guess what color most of my trouble comes from, whether it’s yelling, swearing in front of the neighborhood kids, throwing their empty beer cans and trash in our yards or peeing in plain sight? Yeah you guessed it white young adults with no respect. One black familiy we have actually given permission to park in our driveway after having a pleasant respectful conversation when they asked where they could legally park and the same is true for another family we think might be Hispanic or Brazilian. I’d say 99% of all the trouble is with young white males.
This couldn't be because Plymouth and surrounding towns are predominantly White, It's gotta be because White people are the problem.

Plymouth - The racial makeup of the town was 93.8% White, 2.0% Black or African American (congratulations, you are the most diverse town)

Kingston - The racial makeup of the town was 97.3% white, 0.1% Black or African American

Carver - The racial makeup of the town was 95.78% White, 1.22% African American

Sandwich - The racial makeup of the town was 97.75% White, 0.38% African American

Old 01-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #52
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Seems Twitter and CNN believe it was "Fake News"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/...ens/index.html
Did you bother to read your own link?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:59 AM   #53
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did you bother to read your own link?
Yeah, I did

"A spokesperson for Twitter told CNN Business, "Deliberate attempts to manipulate the public conversation on Twitter by using misleading account information is a violation of the Twitter Rules."

or you could just go with the title

"This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March" I'm pretty sure that it has been determined that the old guy approached them and started bothering them.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #54
spence

Quote:
Yeah, I did

"A spokesperson for Twitter told CNN Business, "Deliberate attempts to manipulate the public conversation on Twitter by using misleading account information is a violation of the Twitter Rules."

or you could just go with the title

"This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March" I'm pretty sure that it has been determined that the old guy approached them and started bothering them.
They didn’t suspend the account for fake news, it was because the owner was misrepresenting who they were.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #55
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
This couldn't be because Plymouth and surrounding towns are predominantly White, It's gotta be because White people are the problem.

Plymouth - The racial makeup of the town was 93.8% White, 2.0% Black or African American (congratulations, you are the most diverse town)

Kingston - The racial makeup of the town was 97.3% white, 0.1% Black or African American

Sandwich - The racial makeup of the town was 97.75% White, 0.38% African American
Do you live on the street, no you don’t and I can tell you for a fact, those numbers aren’t what I see for people of color. In fact there aren’t many public beaches where these minority’s are coming from, I think the black family is from Brockton and the other from Taunton, but feel free to quote stats that mean nothing. So should six flags or the local water parks be exactly a match for the town make up, what a stupid argument that one is.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:

Nope, you're right, it's because white people s*ck. MSNBC said so.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that it has been determined that the old guy approached them and started bothering them.
This has been shown beyond any and all doubt. The old guy stated (and that was good enough for the media!) that the kids were harassing the black Israelite group, which is about as accurate as saying that the jews in the Warsaw ghetto were harassing the Nazi SS troops.

And today, Kentucky police told the kids' catholic school not top open for security reasons. ll that liberal tolerance on display.

We have nuts on the right. They mostly operate on the fringe, they aren't mainstream.

A banner weekend for liberalism. The entire left bought into the discredited Buzzfeed report. Then the liberals had a women's anti-Jew march. Then the entire left (TV pundits, journalists, celebrities)
mercilessly attacked children for wearing MAGA hats and because they stood there and took a verbal assault from black hate group. That was their crime.

Yes sir, a banner weekend for liberals.

These morons learned NOTHING from the Duke lacrosse case, and they have the nerve to be offended when Trump calls them out for being politically motivated liars.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #58
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Nope, you're right, it's because white people s*ck. MSNBC said so.
You two are talking out your arses, without one bit of local knowledge of my situation, just so typical. My experiences for over a decade PROVE that I’ve had dozens of run ins with drunken white males and surprisingly the same number with white girls friends gone wild, but NOT one bad experience with people of color. Did I get that from MSNBC no, did I read it on CNN no, it’s my life experience over a decade of interaction with hundreds every weekend of a diverse sampling of primarily young adults.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
You two are talking out your arses, without one bit of local knowledge of my situation, just so typical. My experiences for over a decade PROVE that I’ve had dozens of run ins with drunken white males and surprisingly the same number with white girls friends gone wild, but NOT one bad experience with people of color. Did I get that from MSNBC no, did I read it on CNN no, it’s my life experience over a decade of interaction with hundreds every weekend of a diverse sampling of primarily young adults.
No, you are talking out of your arse. Your personal observations don't say ANYTHING about teenagers in KY. If you saw whites behaving badly, boo rah for you. That doesn't mean these kids in KY did anything wrong.

"but NOT one bad experience with people of color."

Again, good for you. Does that mean the blacks harassing children on the video, are not responsible for their actions?

GS, I went to Chicago last month for work. I didn't get shot, I didn't see anyone else get shot., and I didn't shoot anyone. Using your logic, does that mean Chicago doesn't have a problem with gun violence? That people who say it does, are wrong? See how stupid that sounds?
Old 01-22-2019, 01:03 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete F, the Sandmann kid, the one at the center of all this, was accused of blocking the Native American's path. In fact, we was standing there doing nothing, when the weirdo got in his face. The kid showed amazing confidence and poise, standing there with a smile on his face. He did nothing. And he's getting death threats.

You're parsing the events, cutting and pasting into a sequence that fits your narrative. I have little doubt that some of the teenagers were mocking the Native American - but that was AFTE having the black Israelites screaming at them for an hour, and after having the native American get in their classmate's face.

The kid who stood there smiling, and then had a weirdo get in his face, is receiving death threats. He's a junior in high school. And you have nothing to say about that. Zip.

You're crazy.
Said the TDVS sufferer
What I posted was:

Lets Go Darwin