Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #31
spence

I think it's over 400 now.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #32
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think it's over 400 now.
"But Alan Dershowisz said..."

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
"But Alan Dershowisz said..."
You are confusing the collusion with the obstruction. Understandable, it’s hard to distinguish one liberal hissy fit from the next.

Dershowitz feels the push for the collusion probe ( have we forgotten about this already?) may have been purely political. i say, let’s find out. The probe was to see if Trump broke the law by colluding with Russia, and there’s insufficient evidence he did.

Whether or not Trump obstructed, is distinct. if he did, let’s impeach him. i see that even among house democrats, only the radical fringe is talking about impeachment. I presume there is a reason why Pelosi isnt on board.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

let’s impeach him.

please let it happen!
Old 05-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
You are confusing the collusion with the obstruction.
Glad you are now referring to both in the affirmative.

Quote:
Dershowitz feels the push for the collusion probe ( have we forgotten about this already?) may have been purely political. i say, let’s find out. The probe was to see if Trump broke the law by colluding with Russia, and there’s insufficient evidence he did.
The probe was launched to see if members of the campaign had links or coordination with Russia along with any other crimes that were a result of the investigation. In advance of the special council's appointment they already had evidence this was a possibility and needed to be investigated. There's just too much there there to claim this was a hit job.

Quote:
Whether or not Trump obstructed, is distinct. if he did, let’s impeach him. i see that even among house democrats, only the radical fringe is talking about impeachment. I presume there is a reason why Pelosi isnt on board.
Pelosi is just hedging because isn't likely to move past the House and Trump is very good at playing the victim card. Even you buy his lies and spin.

New polls show 60% think Trump lied about the investigation and now 47% of Republicans say the'd consider a challenger for the nomination. Not good numbers.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #36
spence

Closing in on 500
Old 05-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #37
scottw

spence nobody cares and every time you get all aroused like this you don't get a happy ending.....
Old 05-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #38
scottw

Quote:

Pelosi is just hedging
pelosi is insane
Old 05-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #39
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
spence nobody cares and every time you get all aroused like this you don't get a happy ending.....
Truth.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #40
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
He practices Tantric Politics.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #41
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He practices Tantric Politics.
have to admit to not knowing what that word meant...does that say more about me or you?
Old 05-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Closing in on 500
so what’s the magic
number? and if i get that many lawyers to
sign something saying that anyone other than hilary would
have been arrested for violating email security, would
that be good
enough to convince you? no it would
not. so this is exactly as meaningless.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:

The probe was launched to see if members of the campaign had links or coordination with Russia along with any other crimes that were a result of the investigation. In advance of the special council's appointment they already had evidence this was a possibility and needed to be investigated. There's just too much there there to claim this was a hit job.

And how many people were indicted for actions related to the collusion? Z-E-R-O. Boy, there must have been a lot "there".

There's also a possibility that some DOJ and FBI officials had their thumbs on the scales, that also needs to be investigated.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #44
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
have to admit to not knowing what that word meant...does that say more about me or you?
Probably both

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-07-2019, 09:13 AM   #45
spence

Quote:
And how many people were indicted for actions related to the collusion? Z-E-R-O. Boy, there must have been a lot "there".
Yea, well over 100 secret contacts with Russians. In every instance Trump or his people lied to the voters and the FBI. 100+ charges, 30+ indictments, guilty pleas and prison time.

You keep trying to move the goal posts Jim. Your standard for proper behavior is pretty low.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:56 AM   #46
scottw

Quote:

You keep trying to move the goal posts Jim.
absolutely hilarious after that answer....
Old 05-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yea, well over 100 secret contacts with Russians. In every instance Trump or his people lied to the voters and the FBI. 100+ charges, 30+ indictments, guilty pleas and prison time.

You keep trying to move the goal posts Jim. Your standard for proper behavior is pretty low.
i’m not moving any goal posts.
i’m responding to your statement that there was a lot there. no there wasn’t, not if that exhaustive of an investigation led to zero indictments.

contacts with russians, is evidence of a crime, for a presidential candidate? i think everyone who has ever won a nomination, would
tell you that everyone wants to meet with you. Sure some meetings are unethical.

“ your standard for proper behavior is pretty low.”

Nope. you’re just not used to seeing someone apply the standard equally to both sides. Sure as hell not what you do.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
i’m not moving any goal posts.
i’m responding to your statement that there was a lot there. no there wasn’t, not if that exhaustive of an investigation led to zero indictments
34 indictments isn't zero, it's a huge pile. If all those Trump campaign members didn't think they were doing something wrong why would they lie to the feds about it?

If Trump didn't think he was doing anything wrong why would he repeatedly work to obstruct justice?

Seriously, you have an administration that universally acted in a duplicitous manner, encouraged illegal behavior for personal gain, colluded with adversaries for personal gain, habitually lied to the American people, tried to obstruct the investigation into their behavior and is still working to obstruct investigations into their behavior.

Anyone got a flag to hug?
Old 05-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
34 indictments isn't zero, it's a huge pile. If all those Trump campaign members didn't think they were doing something wrong why would they lie to the feds about it?

They weren't about the Russian conspiracy. It would have been an extreme aberration to have unlimited access into the lives of powerful people and not find something wrong. Everybody knew such things would be found, and was probably one of the reasons for expanding the investigation. It was expected. And some of the stuff was process "crime" not preexisting. And nearly half of the indictments were on Russians who everybody knew would never be brought to trial. Most of the indictments you refer to amounted to show asides to make the investigation seem worthwhile. If they hadn't occurred, the world would not have noticeably or relevantly changed or been affected.

If Trump didn't think he was doing anything wrong why would he repeatedly work to obstruct justice?

He knew that he was not guilty of conspiracy, and saw a concerted and powerful attempt to wrongly convict him and bring his Presidency to an end and a destruction of his and his family's life. In effect, he was trying to promote justice, not obstruct it.

Seriously, you have an administration that universally acted in a duplicitous manner, encouraged illegal behavior for personal gain, colluded with adversaries for personal gain, habitually lied to the American people, tried to obstruct the investigation into their behavior and is still working to obstruct investigations into their behavior.

Sure, let's wave the flag high and proud. Your description describes the basic nature of most Presidential administrations after the first handful, or less. And any that had or would have had an attempt to wrongly bring them down, to destroy them, would not have acted much differently in trying to stop that.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-07-2019 at 05:24 PM..
Old 05-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:

ZERO indictments for collusion. Zero is less than 34. as stupid as trump is ( which is less stupid than your side makes him out to be), and after three seperate investigations into collusion, there were absolutely, precisely, exactly zero indictments ( against americans) for that act.

You want me to believe there was systemic collusion, and trump covered up all of it? no one could
nail anybody? and that's not exculpatory.

you cannot win on the facts or results, so you distract. Biden is telling blacks that the GOP wants to bring back Jim Crow. Which side celebrated low black unemployment at the SOTU, and which side sat on their hands with scowls in their faces?

trump beat your side again, he made you all look stupid again, and you can’t handle it.

and the democrats will probably respond by nominating one of the very few people on the planet, who make Trump look presidential.

the superior, highly evolved progressives, are getting repeatedly bitch slapped by a simpleton. And now he’s ticked off
and now it’s his DOJ, and get ready for his investigation. he has them
quivering.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-07-2019 at 01:19 PM..
Old 05-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #51
spence

Jim, (for the 73rd time) there's no indictment for collusion. Over 250 contacts with Russians. Every one of those hidden is an incident of collusion.

I think we're up to 700 by the way.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
ZERO indictments for collusion. Zero is less than 34. as stupid as trump is ( which is less stupid than your side makes him out to be), and after three seperate investigations into collusion, there were absolutely, precisely, exactly zero indictments ( against americans) for that act.

You want me to believe there was systemic collusion, and trump covered up all of it? no one could
nail anybody? and that's not exculpatory.

you cannot win on the facts or results, so you distract. Biden is telling blacks that the GOP wants to bring back Jim Crow. Which side celebrated low black unemployment at the SOTU, and which side sat on their hands with scowls in their faces?

trump beat your side again, he made you all look stupid again, and you can’t handle it.

and the democrats will probably respond by nominating one of the very few people on the planet, who make Trump look presidential.

the superior, highly evolved progressives, are getting repeatedly bitch slapped by a simpleton. And now he’s ticked off
and now it’s his DOJ, and get ready for his investigation. he has them
quivering.

I think Jim's getting wet

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-07-2019, 01:59 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:
Jim, (for the 73rd time) there's no indictment for collusion. Over 250 contacts with Russians. Every one of those hidden is an incident of collusion.

I think we're up to 700 by the way.
Oh. So they did find collusion. Thanks for the alternate universe opinion
Old 05-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #54
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think Jim's getting wet
He doesn't seem to understand much of the investigation.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #55
detbuch

Quote:
He doesn't seem to understand much of the investigation.
That investigation is over. Another is coming. Maybe we all will "understand" much more when that is over. Even you.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #56
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
They weren't about the Russian conspiracy. It would have been an extreme aberration to have unlimited access into the lives of powerful people and not find something wrong. Everybody new such things would be found. It was expected. And some of the stuff was process "crime" not preexisting. And nearly half of the indictments were on Russians who everybody knew would never be brought to trial. Most of the indictments you refer to amounted to show asides to make the investigation seem worthwhile. If they hadn't occurred, the world would not have noticeably or relevantly changed or been affected.
The Russian indictments are significant as they are the first detailed legal cases brought forth from an attack on our democracy that the President has encouraged, lied about and tried to assist Russia in covering up.

Quote:
He knew that he was not guilty of conspiracy, and saw a concerted and powerful attempt to wrongly convict him and bring his Presidency to an end and a destruction of his and his family's life. In effect, he was trying to promote justice, not obstruct it.
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Yea, that's why he said "I'm f*cked"
Old 05-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #57
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That investigation is over. Another is coming. Maybe we all will "understand" much more when that is over. Even you.
True, the House is just ramping up.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
True, the House is just ramping up.
And then the Senate . . . And then the DOJ . . . and the forthcoming IG investigation. Lots to help us "understand" more, and keep us yapping. If we can sift through the spinning and politics and campaigning for 2020.

And it all began with a "hoax." It's kind of disgusting, actually.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:28 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
The Russian indictments are significant as they are the first detailed legal cases brought forth from an attack on our democracy

The investigation results may be significant, but the indictments are not.

that the President has encouraged, lied about and tried to assist Russia in covering up.

The Mueller investigation didn't agree with your accusation that Trump helped to cover it up. If he had, that would have been conspiracy.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

You could have added a hundred more HA's, but it still would be a hollow laugh.

Yea, that's why he said "I'm f*cked"
THAT'S your proof of something? You're a silly boy.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #60
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Let’s not forget why this investigation started, it’s due to Russian interference in our election and while Mueller didn’t find collusion; there was plenty of wrong doing. Even Barr stated previously the FBI should be contacted if a foreign power takes steps to influence an election, did that happen? The FBI knows the Russians are continuing their efforts and what does our president think about it; he believes they will no longer attempt to interfere, gee wiz I wonder why that is. Trump is enabling foreign powers and by his inaction actually encouraging them to ramp it up for 2020, so to me there are far more troubling things about this report and Trumps complete disregard for the facts.