Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #31
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

When RIJ found a women, no matter what he married up
but then again, as a short stocky guy with a recieving hairline... I'm in the same boat

(obviously all in fun, liberals still have a sense of humor, no one call me classless please)

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #32
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Bryan...it appears from your avatar that you have a small dingy?? Care to comment?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #33
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
When RIJ found a women, no matter what he married up
but then again, as a short stocky guy with a recieving hairline... I'm in the same boat

(obviously all in fun, liberals still have a sense of humor, no one call me classless please)
I'm in the same boat, too. I get looks all the time when people see me and my wife together. The look is usually "why would she be with that guy?" I hope they think it's because I have a really big dinghy!

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #34
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
per Paul's logic: Vogue is classless. They commented on Michelle's looks
And using your logic, talking about how attractive someone is (which I assume vogue did or they talked about her dress, etc) is the same as making a serious post stating that someone is unattractive?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #35
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I'm having fun and thats all that matters.
That's one of the big differences here, some of us are having fun, while also trying to create conversation on issues. One of the issues is the 'huge set of blinders' the media has on, in matters concerning the Obamas.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #36
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
That's one of the big differences here, some of us are having fun, while also trying to create conversation on issues. One of the issues is the 'huge set of blinders' the media has on, in matters concerning the Obamas.
I never understood the whole "She's so attractive and a model of style for women over 40."

Now, that Laura Bush... cut me off a piece of that sweet a&%. Mmmmmmm...
Old 04-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
So I guess you lack any class yourself based on the following comment you made about Ann Coulter?

"Smashing that adam's apple into their launchers would easily take out 1 or 2"

Either you're really blinded by your liberal rage, or you have a terrible memory about things you've posted here.

Any way you slice it, you've just been exposed as a fraud.

Comparing an obvious joke thread with a serious post makes me laugh.

I bet you were pissed to see I didn't have any posts making fun of the Bush wives or children.

I have no rage at all - I don't spend my day reading various fringe sites to come up with things to post or comment on. Life is good for me - family, $, going to the final four this weekend, etc. I only wish I caught more fish.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #38
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Oops, my bad.... I thought this was also a joke thread...... for the most part, while emphasizing how in the tank the media and Obama's followers are
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #39
fishbones

Quote:

I bet you were pissed to see I didn't have any posts making fun of the Bush wives or children.

I have no rage at all - I don't spend my day reading various fringe sites to come up with things to post or comment on. Life is good for me - family, $, going to the final four this weekend, etc. I only wish I caught more fish.
No, paul. I wouldn't get pissed at you. I was merely pointing out that you're a hypocrite, which you are. Ask women if they think obvious lokes about their appearance are funny. I'm willing to bet that most of them wouldn't think so.

I'm very happy for you with all of your great successes, though. Congrats ont the family, money and tickets to the college basketball games. Good stuff.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #40
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Personally gentlemen I find beauty in all women!

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #41
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Personally gentlemen I find beauty in all women!
Lies. We're men. We're biologically programmed to be superficial and make judgments of attractiveness based on an immediate impression of exterior qualities.

"Finding beauty" is merely putting our primitive superficiality aside, finding a positive or admirable character trait and labeling it as beauty.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #42
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Bryan...it appears from your avatar that you have a small dingy?? Care to comment?
I thought that was hilarious... (Sorry Bry)

I could give a rats butt about what she looks like.

But Ann Coulter is a dude so she's in play, she is a he, said Hey Baby... Can probably skyhook too.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #43
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Never even saw that.

Larry, I don't need a big boat to 'compensate'

that's actually a looong story involving a moral that basically says 'ask for details before you agree to run a boat for someone'

Me "Where's the boat"
Friend "Out on the mooring"
Me "How do we get it"
friend "I dunno"

what we do for science.

And JR, Ann C is not a dude, she is a space alien.. have you seen those hands

Last edited by Jenn; 04-20-2009 at 05:59 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #44
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Currently, 61% of Americans approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president while 26% disapprove.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #45
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Why don't you post a picture of your wife and we can see if the comments are all complimentary. As I said earlier, it takes a real classy person to comment on another's looks.
She is a public person. You can say anything you want about her, she is fair game. Just the way Laura Bush was for some of the folks here.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 AM   #46
PaulS

B/c she's married to someone in the public you think she's fair game? That's a joke.

If you go back and pull up posts about Laura Bush, I'd bet people wheren't discussing her looks or her dresses.

Why don't you start a post about the Obama kids? I know we heard a lot previously about Amy Carter's and Chelsey Clinton's looks.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #47
JohnnyD

Quote:
B/c she's married to someone in the public you think she's fair game? That's a joke.

If you go back and pull up posts about Laura Bush, I'd bet people wheren't discussing her looks or her dresses.

Why don't you start a post about the Obama kids? I know we heard a lot previously about Amy Carter's and Chelsey Clinton's looks.
She's placed herself in the public eye, and not only as First Lady but as a 'person of style'. She's been on the cover of half a dozen women's fashion magazines. That immediately makes her fair game. Almost every time she makes an appearance on tv, they talk about her fashion.

Laura Bush looked old and acted old. That's why people weren't discussing her looks or the way she dressed.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #48
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

And JR, Ann C is not a dude, she is a space alien.. have you seen those hands
funny how when I said something about her I was classless and had to "clean it up"

double standard?

Last edited by Jenn; 04-20-2009 at 06:00 PM..

Currently, 61% of Americans approve of the way that Barack Obama is handling his job as president while 26% disapprove.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #49
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

From JohnR

Bssb - clean it up and stop being a tool slash troll slash W.L.B.

Maybe some day we can see a well argued POINT (OK, half-assed even) coming from your fingers instead of these useless trolls.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #50
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Spence

I'd agree with Bones that use of the C word isn't very classy under most any circumstances I can think of, and certainly not in a public forum. It would be like Buck dropping the N word.

As much as I think Coulter leaves little to be admired, she's just another smear merchant out to get rich by demeaning others. A fantastic role model she is not...

-spence

Old 04-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #51
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

fishbones

You're classy.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #52
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb

Last edited by Jenn; 04-20-2009 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: enough with the mention of the "C" word

Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #53
Bronko

Last edited by Jenn; 04-20-2009 at 06:02 PM..

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #54
Cpt. Crunch
formally bssb