Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #31
FishermanTim

Obama had previewed and approved ALL questions before a "presidential address" to the public.
This means he KNEW the question and what his answer was going to be.
For him to stick his nose where it shouldn't have been further goes to prove that he is just another idiot in the oval office.

When you think of all the people that have come forward to support the actions of this "nutty professor", all without any facts, it makes you wonder what their true agendas reall are?

I figure Obama just wants to draw attention away from his horrible track record with the economy and now the healthcare fiasco.

Just another case of "the tail wagging the dog"!!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Obama had previewed and approved ALL questions before a "presidential address" to the public.
I'd love to see what you read that makes you believe this. It's simply not true...

Besides, it doesn't even make any sense. The last thing Obama needs is a distraction to hurt his healthcare push.

-spence
Old 07-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #33
FishermanTim

So are you implying that Obama has press conferences where he doesn't know what questions will be asked?

I would love to hear that on the news, but it'll never happen in our lifetimes.

I don't believe ANY president (within my lifetime) has ever had press conferences where he didn't know what was being asked (or at least what "could possibly" be asked).
Old 07-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #34
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
From now on, the only ones acting "stupidly" are the Press repeated asking their stupid questions, over and over and over again.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #35
Raven

no worries mates

Gates, the President, and the cop are gonna toast Brewskis at the whitehouse... soon

Everything is all Better now
Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #36
fishsmith
DDG-51

I think Gates and Obama were wrong wrong wrong ...

but if you can find the South Park episode --> "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"

it's very good.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #37
stcroixman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Gates, the President, and the cop are gonna toast Brewskis at the whitehouse... soon

Everything is all Better now
Obama is losing his popularity and showing his inexperience.
Inviting these guys over for a beer. He has nothing else to do?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #38
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't understand why he was arrested in the first place. Regardless if he was ticked off, it looks like it didn't take long for the officer to determine there was no break in. Arrest a 60+ year old man in his own home? If his behavior was that bad why were charges dropped?

-spence
Because you can get any charges dropped in Massachusetts if your the right person. It happens all the time. The DA was more worried about votes than backbone. DA'S stick a wet finger in the air before they decide what is best for them. They serve themselves first and thier constituency second. The charges can be refiled anytime Mr. Gates wants to pursue further.

Last edited by Swimmer; 07-27-2009 at 11:40 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 07-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #39
Fly Rod

Spence you are right, maybe I should use more ICONS.

In the last two days I have listened to more country music then I have in the past year. All you hear about is the policeman and the professor. All this media coverage is beginning to make me Why can't we all be

Swimmer have a great week end.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #40
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post
I think Gates and Obama were wrong wrong wrong ...

but if you can find the South Park episode --> "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"

it's very good.
This One?

or this one?

this one?

Last edited by Cool Beans; 07-24-2009 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
So are you implying that Obama has press conferences where he doesn't know what questions will be asked?

I would love to hear that on the news, but it'll never happen in our lifetimes.

I don't believe ANY president (within my lifetime) has ever had press conferences where he didn't know what was being asked (or at least what "could possibly" be asked).
I'm sure Obama's people know what issues are hot, what's likely to be asked and who's most likely to ask them. They have even gone as far as asking specific reporters for questions to better control the press conferences.

That being said, that's a long way from your statement:

Quote:
-spence
Old 07-25-2009, 05:44 AM   #42
fishsmith
DDG-51

that's the one cool beans.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #43
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
I'd love to see what you read that makes you believe this. It's simply not true...

Besides, it doesn't even make any sense. The last thing Obama needs is a distraction to hurt his healthcare push.

-spence
Actually, the FIRST thing the Prez needs is a distraction to his healthcare push. If the people are sidetracked by the Gates incident, Congress can vote and get it passed without having to deal with all those nasty phone calls from voters...

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
Actually, the FIRST thing the Prez needs is a distraction to his healthcare push. If the people are sidetracked by the Gates incident, Congress can vote and get it passed without having to deal with all those nasty phone calls from voters...
The Senate has already indicated there will be no vote in August.

Clearly they are attempting to take more of a bi-partisan approach than the Progressive bill from the House.

Distracting from health care does nothing for Obama.

-spence
Old 07-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #45
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
Actually, the LAST thing the Prez needs is a distraction to his health care push, as Obama has stated that he will *not* be taking a break while Congress is on their recess and will continue to campaign for his health care policies.

While I disagree with just about all of what Obama wants to put in the bill, I also disagree with you exclaiming blatantly incorrect information.

Harp on how terrible most of the proposals for the bill are, but please quit with the misinformation.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #46
jimmy z
I Had A BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, Live in CT., but my heart is in SoCo!
Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy z
Quote:
Can someone please explain why, with our country heading straight down the crapper,

I hear ya, my friend. But our President is just the end result of a mindset that has been prevalent for some time now. So, as he blunders along, he can't really be blamed, because he is doing the best that he can do, IMO.
Blame those that wanted him as president. They are the ones at fault.

Be encouraging, not discouraging

<*((())))>< <*((())))><
Old 07-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #47
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

FLYROD, MY NEW BEST FRIEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Spence you are right, maybe I should use more ICONS.

In the last two days I have listened to more country music then I have in the past year. All you hear about is the policeman and the professor. All this media coverage is beginning to make me Why can't we all be

Swimmer have a great week end.
LETS HAVE A BLUEBERRY BEER TOGETHER! I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALSO. AND I MEAN THAT. TIGHT LINES AND MANY LARGE FISH.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 07-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:

Distracting from health care does nothing for Obama.

-spence
this is EXACTLY the distraction that Obama needed, the focus on the healthcare legslation was killing Obama and his numbers are plummeting as Americans figure out the details and what they can look forward to, they lost control of the debate and this was an opportunity to shift the focus for a time on THE MOST EXPLOSIVE topic available(note that Obama, as he has done before, turned this into a national story with stupid, inflammatory language, let it simmer for a few days and then, as though he is somehow now the peacemaker, is using this officer as a pawn and his "friend", who is still railing, and seeks to lecture everyone to be reasonable while HE exploded and exploited this entire situation)...he is such an arrogant race-baiting jerk, they are regrouping around healthcare as the nation debates this topic and yet another innocent, hard working American is maligned for standing up to one of these elites, the tapes need to come out and be heard, Obama and Gates should both apologize to the officer, but that will NEVER happen, elites don't apologize to anyone, this will be spun as a huge victory for Obama and his remarkable ability to bring calm to the situation "THAT HE AND HIS FRIEND CREATED!!!" I wish that the officer could decline the White House invite but he's far too decent and respectful to do that, Obama knows this and will take full advantage of the situation....creep...
Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is EXACTLY the distraction that Obama needed, the focus on the healthcare legslation was killing Obama and his numbers are plummeting as Americans figure out the details and what they can look forward to, they lost control of the debate and this was an opportunity to shift the focus for a time on THE MOST EXPLOSIVE topic available(note that Obama, as he has done before, turned this into a national story with stupid, inflammatory language, let it simmer for a few days and then, as though he is somehow now the peacemaker, is using this officer as a pawn and his "friend", who is still railing, and seeks to lecture everyone to be reasonable while HE exploded and exploited this entire situation)...he is such an arrogant race-baiting jerk, they are regrouping around healthcare as the nation debates this topic and yet another innocent, hard working American is maligned for standing up to one of these elites, the tapes need to come out and be heard, Obama and Gates should both apologize to the officer, but that will NEVER happen, elites don't apologize to anyone, this will be spun as a huge victory for Obama and his remarkable ability to bring calm to the situation "THAT HE AND HIS FRIEND CREATED!!!" I wish that the officer could decline the White House invite but he's far too decent and respectful to do that, Obama knows this and will take full advantage of the situation....creep...
You forgot the part about the Secret Service being enlisted to shim the door stuck in broad daylight using nano-tube stealth technology.

-spence
Old 07-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #50
scottw

I didn't say he jammed the door, but he certainly took the opportunity to blow the story up and is attempting to use it elevate himself at the expense of others and distract, you may admire him for that, I think it's despicable...but expected..it's what a community organizer would do...
Old 07-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #51
EarnedStripes44

Apparently the 911 caller did not state "black" and mentioned hispanic in passing reference.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32169213..._and_ethnicity

Kind of leaves one with more questions than answers.

Some cops have thicker skin than others.

I have no doubt that when Gates described the assembling patrol cars in front of his residence as a "cop convention", thats exactly what it was. I counted six patrol cars and a wagon three weeks ago in response to a couple arguing (loudly) on JFK street. Now, I'm all about diffusing conflict, but at no point did the man or woman threaten to get physical. It seemed a bit much. Perhaps it was a slow saturday night.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #52
buckman

It's all good boys. The smoker is going to have the boys over for some alcohol and then he can get back to forming a govornment run health program for us all.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #53
Notfishinenuf

What was it Rahm E said, "never let a good crisis go to waste". They have turned this into a "crisis". Reality is who cares. Now they are all going for a beer at the white house! If McCain were pres, this may have been back page news. I guess the pres. is looking for something to do, not much going on these days.

Vic

If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?