Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Durham’s probe into Russian investigation now a criminal investigation

US attorney Durham, the man who cleaned up the Whitey Bulger corruption in the Massachusetts DOJ offices when the local us attorney there (one Robert Mueller) wasn’t doing a thing about it), is investigating the origins of the Russian collusion investigation. His investigation is now a criminal probe.

Let me guess, all the liberals here know already somehow ( maybe because Rachael Maddow said so last night) that it's a nothing burger. Because while when democrats investigate republicans, it’s always legitimate. But when republicans investigate democrats, it’s alwys a political hit job without a kernel of truth. Always. Life is exactly that simple.

could get very seedy and ugly and interesting. i don’t have any idea what to believe or who to trust. everyone is pointing fingers at each other.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
PaulS

I thought the indep. Inspector general and the bi-part. Senate intel. agency already looked into this?
Old 10-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I thought the indep. Inspector general and the bi-part. Senate intel. agency already looked into this?
beats me, hard to keep track of who is investigating what. all i do know, is that this particular US attorney, isn’t an empty suit political appointee. he kicked butt in the Whitey Bulger corruption case, came in and did what Mueller couldn’t do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
wdmso

Republicans would rather look in crimes they think happened (but there's no information on what crime they are looking )

Yet republicans ignore the crimes they know happened ..

Funny how that works
Old 10-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Republicans would rather look in crimes they think happened (but there's no information on what crime they are looking )

Yet republicans ignore the crimes they know happened ..

Funny how that works
they’re looking to see if the obama justice department decided to act like hires security guards for the Hilary campaign. there sure evidence of ugliness in what they did to carter page. using political opposition research without disclosing it as such, to get a fisa warrant on a fellow american citizen.

but thanks for responding as i knew you would, to the syllable.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
they’re looking to see if the obama justice department decided to act like hires security guards for the Hilary campaign. there sure evidence of ugliness in what they did to carter page. using political opposition research without disclosing it as such, to get a fisa warrant on a fellow american citizen.

Bzzzzt not true.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:

Respond how by not feeding into another one of your conspiracy theories
Old 10-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
OCTOBER 24, 2019 Washington — The Justice Department's internal watchdog said a highly anticipated report on the department's use of secret surveillance warrants during the Russia investigation is "nearing completion" and will likely be released publicly, according to a letter obtained by CBS News.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote to congressional leaders on Thursday with an update on his investigation into alleged abuses of warrants obtained under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Horowitz said he expects the report "will be released publicly with few redactions," but declined to provide a timeline.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #9
spence

Not sure why you need a separate investigation when the IG is already working on it...oh yes, that's why.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not sure why you need a separate investigation when the IG is already working on it...oh yes, that's why.
None of these investigations, including the impeachment inquiry, would be "needed" if there had been no Trump/Russia conspiracy investigation. These are all the fruit of a rotten seed.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #11
Jim in CT

while this isn’t much of a barometer i guess, rachael maddie was visibly shaken in the air last night, as the story broke that Durham’s investigation is a criminal probe. I guess she feels there’s reason to worry about her pals.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump is obsessed with the 2016 election and is still to this day sending his lieutenants out to try to uncover anything they can to prove he won without Russia help. It’s his white whale and Barr shouldn’t even be micromanaging it, he already testified he felt spying went on, he was compromised from the start of this and probably should have recused himself.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump is obsessed with the 2016 election and is still to this day sending his lieutenants out to try to uncover anything they can to prove he won without Russia help. It’s his white whale and Barr shouldn’t even be micromanaging it, he already testified he felt spying went on, he was compromised from the start of this and probably should have recused himself.
"Spying" did go on. We know this. It's not refutable.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office. You can’t undue the Mueller probe and the goal is distraction and purely political for his run (if he makes it that far) in 2020. Won’t impact the impeachment process because those are brand new and far more damaging crimes, so it’s just noise.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:23 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office.
this is insanity

looking forward to worms like comey, brennan, clapper, strok, mccabe etc... doing some squirming....looking better for General Flynn all the time
Old 10-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is insanity

looking forward to worms like comey, brennan, clapper, strok, mccabe etc... doing some squirming....looking better for General Flynn all the time
Italy’s prime minister authorized two secret meetings between U.S. Attorney General William Barr and members of the intelligence agencies in Rome as part of a U.S. investigation into the scandal involving Donald Trump’s possible ties to Russia, according to one of Italy’s leading newspapers.

Italian right-wing opposition parties have said Conte should not have authorized the secret encounters and have suggested they were connected to Trump's endorsement of him as prime minister during an Italian government crisis in August.

Is this another favor?

Just what is one of the most powerful men in our government able and willing to trade for “information”?

Trump and Colludy and his associates/funders were working on it also.

Where was that money coming from “we’re gonna need a couple hundred thousand”

What a tangled web they weave.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office. You can’t undue the Mueller probe and the goal is distraction and purely political for his run (if he makes it that far) in 2020. Won’t impact the impeachment process because those are brand new and far more damaging crimes, so it’s just noise.
Same question to you, how do you know that Trump is inappropriately delegitimizing the work of the FBI and DOJ? How do you know that they weren't actually acting inappropriately? Just because it might help Trump? Is that all it takes for you to conclude that there's no possible good faith basis for the investigation?

Neither Durham nor the IG have released their findings, but somehow you and WDMSO and Spence already know that it's a sham. I could speculate that you don't conclude such things based on facts, but rather solely on political considerations. If there's another conceivable explanation. I'm all ears.

When Trump said his campaign was being spied on, everyone laughed at him and called him crazy (I also thought he was nuts). Turns out, he was 100% correct.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:

Neither Durham nor the IG have released their findings, but somehow you and WDMSO and Spence already know that it's a sham.
they got the same marching orders
Old 10-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
they got the same marching orders
Right, they're regurgitating Chris Hayes and Rachael Maddow. No facts.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:08 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
Right, they're regurgitating Chris Hayes and Rachael Maddow. No facts.
To bad like most of your conspiracys wrong again.. but keep thinking thats what people push back against your conclusions do.. its your easy button

As for predictable responses yes mine are predictable and very consistent .. they are always in response to yours or othrt conspiracy driven suggestions of whats truth and whats not.

You really need to see beyound and thru your victimization of Trump

Because with out doubt if you replaced Obama for Trump or Erich holder for Barr or Clinton for Pompeo

With the facts as they are to day. The trascipts the audio having a private lawer doing governments business

Your tune would be so very diffrent.. why would that be the case? Facts should be facts that is unless your just a partisan hack or just hypocritically . And clearly your both
Old 10-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Same question to you, how do you know that Trump is inappropriately delegitimizing the work of the FBI and DOJ? How do you know that they weren't actually acting inappropriately?
Obviously neither of us work in the intelligence community, but I make my opinion based on the fact Trump lies daily, it's how he operates. The interviews of some highly respected X CIA, FBI and intelligence personnel unequivocally deny any political bias in the operations of those agencies. So do I believe the habitual lier or highly respected people who worked in those departments; easy call for me anyway. The investigation into the investigation, which was already done and signed off on, should never have started and the only reason it did, is because Barr is the new Trump enforcer.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:54 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Obviously neither of us work in the intelligence community, but I make my opinion based on the fact Trump lies daily, it's how he operates. The interviews of some highly respected X CIA, FBI and intelligence personnel unequivocally deny any political bias in the operations of those agencies. So do I believe the habitual lier or highly respected people who worked in those departments; easy call for me anyway. The investigation into the investigation, which was already done and signed off on, should never have started and the only reason it did, is because Barr is the new Trump enforcer.
US attorney Durham, not Trump, declared it's now a criminal matter. Look up his record.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
US attorney Durham, not Trump, declared it's now a criminal matter. Look up his record.
they don't care, they are mired in propaganda
Old 10-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Wasn't suggest he isn't a good guy, I'm saying it never should have started in the first place, Barr is being used by Trump for political gains and he for some strange reason is acting like his enforcer.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
And regardless of what you think of Trump (I agree he's a liar), please tell me if I'm wrong about any of the following...

Certain high level DOJ officials, like FBI agents Stzrok and Paige, made no secret in their texts that they really wanted Hilary to win, and also played key roles in investigating both Hilary and Trump

The DOJ used the Steele dossier, paid for by the Clinton campaign, as part of the FISA application to spy on an American citizen. They did not tell the FISA judge that the dossier was political opposition research. That American citizen has not been charged, ket alone convicted, of anything.

The DOJ was spying on the Poppodopolous guy, part of the Trump campaign. He has also not been convicted of anything.

Certainly there's no smoking gun there. but isn't it maybe worth investigating, especially in the hands of someone with Durham's resume?

If they didn't do anything wrong, let's say so and drop it. If they did, let's admit it and fix it.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s all part of Trumps deep state theory and Barr is going along sadly, won’t impact the impeachment so let the insanity (agree with you they are both leaning that way) go on.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #27
Jim in CT

When all is said and done, all the liberals will say the DOJ didn't do anything wrong, and that Trump committed an impeachable offense via the Ukraine. All the conservatives will say the DOJ violated all kinds of civil rights, and that Trump didn't do anything that leading democrats didn't do in the last couple of years.

Who the hell knows what the truth is. But it would be nice if more of us could try to ascertain some facts before we allow politics to dictate what we conclude about everything.

Do you guys know how predictable you are? Look at my first post, where I speculated what your response would be, and then look at your responses. How many of you ever disagree with your party's positions on anything?
Old 10-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, the President DID get that urgent email outlining a unique legal theory opportunity from that Nigerian Prince. I think Bill Barr is overseas investigating.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:45 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Well, the President DID get that urgent email outlining a unique legal theory opportunity from that Nigerian Prince. I think Bill Barr is overseas investigating.
You're all scared sh*tless that there's something there, and that Durham is the guy to find it.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
You're all scared sh*tless that there's something there, and that Durham is the guy to find it.
yup....it's pretty clear what was going on...