Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #61
Sea Dangles

Might?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-04-2020, 12:52 PM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Do you think Russian GDP dropped by itself? It was thru multilateral sanctions imposed by a number of nations that Floridaman has largely removed.
Doing a brief net search, I couldn't find that Trump "largely" removed sanctions. There was an attempt to lift them from one oligarch provided he did some things favorable to Americans, but Congress blocked that according to other articles. Perhaps my search wasn't deep enough. Can you enlighten?
Old 01-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Might?
Maybe the whole leg, nobody knows how this will play out but the lack of adults in the room is of concern.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #64
Sea Dangles

Sound the alarm,something might happen!
Old 01-04-2020, 02:21 PM   #65
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1) are you ever going to
answer whether you consider him a terrorist or a freedom
fighter?

(2) the syrian regime is a brutal
dictatorship, using chemical
weapons against their own citizens. If you’re trying to say going syrians
defend against Assad is the same as helping insurgents to kill
Americans who were there risking their lives to help people, is beyond stupid.
Thats the problem viewing everything thru the lens of righteous action. i didn't go to Iraq to help anyone. I went to carry out US policy. And take care of my men. This fantasy that American troops are risking their lives to free Iraqis and promote freedom is total BS. Troops do as they are told
Old 01-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #66
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Sound the alarm,something might happen!
Not to worry a Trump has planned his next four golf trips in advance, he is prepared to play at a moments notice. Sad that he plans more strategically for the next golf trip, than what he just set in motion in the Middle East.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #67
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Not to worry a Trump has planned his next four golf trips in advance, he is prepared to play at a moments notice. Sad that he plans more strategically for the next golf trip, than what he just set in motion in the Middle East.
Yup, golfer and slayer.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #68
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He cheats at golf, cheats in elections and his foreign policy is via tweets and threats. He will have a lot of blood on his hands soon, his promise to keep us out of another war is gone, add that to his upcoming trial and Johns charities will be enjoying your contribution.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:48 PM   #69
Sea Dangles

Quote:
He cheats at golf, cheats in elections and his foreign policy is via tweets and threats. He will have a lot of blood on his hands soon, his promise to keep us out of another war is gone, add that to his upcoming trial and Johns charities will be enjoying your contribution.
Care to double down, mouthy? Or are you just filibustering?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #70
scottw

Quote:
Care to double down, mouthy? Or are you just filibustering?
I can't recall the last time any of them have been right with any of their predictions....you'd think they'd learn something
Old 01-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #71
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I can't recall the last time any of them have been right with any of their predictions....you'd think they'd learn something
Funny this logic wasnt present when Obama was in office
Old 01-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #72
Rmarsh

Old 01-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #73
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Since I’ve been on this board I’ve only made one prediction, that Trump would be impeached in the house and the senate would refuse to hold a legitimate trial and the 2020 election would resolve it one way or the other, so it appears I’m on track with that one.

Here is another I know I can win, I predict SD being who he is, can’t go two weeks without throwing a childish insult someone’s way and you piling on, when you two are that predictable it’s easy.

I predict Pete will continue to go hard at the right and his battle with the blue font Detbuch will continue.

I predict Trump will probably not make good with his campaign promise to end our involvement in the Middle East conflicts, the sh*t is going to hit the fan and I’d not want to be a family of a serviceman or women deployed in what is going to be explosive soon. If you feel confident with the Trumps tweetIng foreign policy and threatening rhetoric, even going so far as to suggest we would hit cultural targets, then you are as f’ed up as he is.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #74
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Since I’ve been on this board I’ve only made one prediction, that Trump would be impeached in the house and the senate would refuse to hold a legitimate trial and the 2020 election would resolve it one way or the other, so it appears I’m on track with that one.

Here is another I know I can win, I predict SD being who he is, can’t go two weeks without throwing a childish insult someone’s way and you piling on, when you two are that predictable it’s easy.

I predict Pete will continue to go hard at the right and his battle with the blue font Detbuch will continue.

I predict Trump will probably not make good with his campaign promise to end our involvement in the Middle East conflicts, the sh*t is going to hit the fan and I’d not want to be a family of a serviceman or women deployed in what is going to be explosive soon. If you feel confident with the Trumps tweetIng foreign policy and threatening rhetoric, even going so far as to suggest we would hit cultural targets, then you are as f’ed up as he is.
With all these predictions then surely you will double down. Or are you spewing without confidence?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #75
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thats the problem viewing everything thru the lens of righteous action. i didn't go to Iraq to help anyone. I went to carry out US policy. And take care of my men. This fantasy that American troops are risking their lives to free Iraqis and promote freedom is total BS. Troops do as they are told
Pretty much correct. Though sometimes they do export freedom as an extension of FP, and sometimes they don't, and sometimes they can't.

Righteous action in Iraq (Jr Fustercluck), righteous action in Libya (Obama Fustercluck), Syria (Trump probably got that one right after Obama got that one wrong and will end in a tie), righteous action in Kuwait (Sr got that one right), VN (Johnson hands the blame).

Quote:
and Johns charities will be enjoying your contribution.
WTF is John's charities?

Quote:

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #76
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

John there is a bet between sides on Trump winning in 2020 which was intended to go to you to run the site, to which I believe you said couldn’t be accepted for tax reasons, so SD and others will need to know which of your charities to write their checks out to.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:36 PM   #77
spence

So Iran is promising military strikes, dropping all provisions from the JCPOA and will likely have a nuke very soon. Hezbollah is calling for strikes on the US military. Iran is threatening to destroy Tel Aviv and Haifa if we counter. This is looking like a pretty easy one to walk back from.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #78
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Don’t worry Trump will tweet the foreign policy solution, the little rocket man and fire and furry policy worked so well, maybe he can conjure up some Middle East appropriate insults; hey SD your so good at that get on his Twitter feed and send him something he can use.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #79
scottw

Quote:

Don’t worry Trump will tweet the foreign policy solution,.
oh good...another prediction
Old 01-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #80
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

So Iran is promising military strikes and will likely have a nuke very soon.
how likely and how soon?
Old 01-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #81
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
oh good...another prediction
Well SD couldn’t wait to throw down and you piled on quick, so far I’m two for two. Hey does your guy threatening to commit war crimes bother you, or does the fact he doesn’t even know attacking a cultural site is a war crime bother you more. Oh crap I forgot your drink of choice is red cool aid; nothing about this administration bothers you.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #82
wdmso

If Iran responds , it's not going to be a small response because they understand what our response will be.. regardless of Trumps 52 targets nonsense

Iran was quiet until trump backed out the nuke deal, funny how that works
Old 01-05-2020, 04:20 PM   #83
Sea Dangles

Whoa is me.
The sky is falling in snowflake village.
👳🏾#^&♂️
Old 01-05-2020, 04:42 PM   #84
wdmso

3 Americans Killed In Attack On Kenyan Airfield By Al-Shabab Militants

Wheres are the Trump tweets
Old 01-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #85
Sea Dangles

Merry Impeachmas
Old 01-05-2020, 07:10 PM   #86
scottw

Quote:
Well SD couldn’t wait to throw down and you piled on quick, so far I’m two for two. Hey does your guy threatening to commit war crimes bother you, or does the fact he doesn’t even know attacking a cultural site is a war crime bother you more. Oh crap I forgot your drink of choice is red cool aid; nothing about this administration bothers you.
Oh good ....another rant
Old 01-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #87
Sea Dangles

Unhinged again
Probably just winter doldrums
Old 01-05-2020, 09:32 PM   #88
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
John there is a bet between sides on Trump winning in 2020 which was intended to go to you to run the site, to which I believe you said couldn’t be accepted for tax reasons, so SD and others will need to know which of your charities to write their checks out to.
Ahhhh, that's right ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So Iran is promising military strikes, dropping all provisions from the JCPOA and will likely have a nuke very soon. Hezbollah is calling for strikes on the US military. Iran is threatening to destroy Tel Aviv and Haifa if we counter. This is looking like a pretty easy one to walk back from.
Iran is dropping the provision on the number of centrifuges in use, only. Otherwise they are abiding in the same (unverifiable) ways as before. Nice try Spence.

And I thought you said they were ten years away?

Quote:
If Iran responds , it's not going to be a small response because they understand what our response will be.. regardless of Trumps 52 targets nonsense

Iran was quiet until trump backed out the nuke deal, funny how that works
This is silly. Iran has not been quiet for 40 years. Ever hear of Hezbollah? Hamas? Of course you have.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-06-2020, 08:15 AM   #89
Sea Dangles

Quote:
3 Americans Killed In Attack On Kenyan Airfield By Al-Shabab Militants

Wheres are the Trump tweets
The news reports this has nothing to do with the crisis in the Middle East. My guess is the left has insider information. My guess is that it will be orange man related.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #90
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Ahhhh, that's right ; )

Iran is dropping the provision on the number of centrifuges in use, only. Otherwise they are abiding in the same (unverifiable) ways as before. Nice try Spence.

And I thought you said they were ten years away?

This is silly. Iran has not been quiet for 40 years. Ever hear of Hezbollah? Hamas? Of course you have.
Seem you missed since the international nuke deal... and i stress international

Last edited by wdmso; 01-06-2020 at 08:56 AM..