Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

My wallet has something to say

It doesn't want me to open it in communities that heavily supported Barney Frank, so now I've got to make a list.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
It doesn't want me to open it in communities that heavily supported Barney Frank, so now I've got to make a list.
I hope you didn't shop at CMS.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
striperman36
Old Guy

Free spending in Mansfield, but there is no tackle shop here.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Thats a Brilliant strategy....let's take it out on the small business owner, who probably voted against him, because you don't like the guy.

Then they can go out of business and become dependent on the government, and have a reason to vote for the guy you don't like.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
JohnnyD

No offense, but your wallet isn't big enough to have an opinion in the political world. None of ours are.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
No offense, but your wallet isn't big enough to have an opinion in the political world. None of ours are.
If enough people take the same approach the combined impact could make a difference.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Thats a Brilliant strategy....let's take it out on the small business owner, who probably voted against him, because you don't like the guy.

Then they can go out of business and become dependent on the government, and have a reason to vote for the guy you don't like.
I have come to the conclusion I just bug the heck out of you, I would suggest you just ignore me.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I'm serious...why would you take it out on a community's businesses because you don't like the guy that got voted in? Did 100 percent of the community vote for the guy?

you want to take it out on the percentage of people that probably voted on your side of the election. I'm just curious why....what do you hope to accomplish w/ this strategy?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I'm serious...why would you take it out on a community's businesses because you don't like the guy that got voted in? Did 100 percent of the community vote for the guy?

you want to take it out on the percentage of people that probably voted on your side of the election. I'm just curious why....what do you hope to accomplish w/ this strategy?
Simply put; I don't support their viewpoint and thus the areas that gave the most support for him will see the least from me directly. I will make exceptions for some businesses but when I need things like gas or something I can buy in another town that is what I will do. Same goes for Duval, I enjoy New Hampshire.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #10
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Simply put; I don't support their viewpoint and thus the areas that gave the most support for him will see the least from me directly. I will make exceptions for some businesses but when I need things like gas or something I can buy in another town that is what I will do. Same goes for Duval, I enjoy New Hampshire.
The hollow threats upon businesses in towns that voted for certain people is weak.

Using political motivations as a reason to not use a certain vendor is seriously pathetic.

Booger has staunchly opposite political views compared to me but I consider him a good guy and will use his plugs till the cows come home. I don't really give a damn who he voted for, he makes a good product.

Your and your buddies 'wallets' aren't going to change anyone's views as they're personal views, and frankly none of your business.

I don't really care who the guys at CMS voted for. They're a great bunch of helpful and informative guys who deserve the dollars people give them as they run a quality business.

New Hampshire?
Move there.
Don't let the door hit you in the a@#.

By the way, make sure you find out where any seafood you buy came from.
If it came out of New Bedford, don't bother buying it.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That's your perogative....spend your money where you see fit. But I still don't understand what you hope to accomplish with it. You want other people to join in on the Boycott but why? I am trying to see your point of view on this....really

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-05-2010 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #12
ecduzitgood
time to go

It is just my way of showing my disaproval of their decision.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #13
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
New Hampshire?
Move there.
Don't let the door hit you in the a@#.
I think you should go to NY or something

But did you still vote for Bawney ?

Ed, you might want to skip the New Beige Waterfront Festival or something in ptotest but I'm guessing the percentage of small-biz owners voting for Frank was a lower percentage of the general population.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #14
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
It is just my way of showing my disaproval of their decision.
Most business owners I know, if told because of how they voted you wouldn't buy from them, would tell you to blow yourself.

Pretty sure Booger is included in that category.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #15
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Most business owners I know, if told because of how they voted you wouldn't buy from them, would tell you to blow yourself.

Pretty sure Booger is included in that category.
Yeah the two party system works great to separate people.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #16
fishbones

The world must be ending! I can't believe I actually agree with likwid about something in the political forum.

Ecduzitgood, by punishing the small businesses in those towns, you're hurting the economy and potentially putting more people out of work. Those people then collect unemployment and other benefits, which are paid for by tax dollars from everyone in the state, not just people who voted for Frank.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I dont agree with ez, but anyone remember the wacky libs boycotting arizona businesses because of the immigration law?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Ecduzitgood, by punishing the small businesses in those towns, you're hurting the economy and potentially putting more people out of work. Those people then collect unemployment and other benefits, which are paid for by tax dollars from everyone in the state, not just people who voted for Frank.
That was my point exactly......I guess It sounds better without the sarcastic overtones

Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
buckman

It is however the reason I will never buy a Prius.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #20
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Yeah the two party system works great to separate people.
No, it works great to separate people who are obsessed with having to blame someone/something for its faults.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #21
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I think you should go to NY or something
NY is so effed up compared to MA.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #22
buckman

Quote:
No, it works great to separate people who are obsessed with having to blame someone/something for its faults.
Like that Damn Bush!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #23
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Like that Damn Bush!!!!
Who?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #24
scottw

gotta say...it's been quite animated in here lately...love it!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
Same reason I don't go to Kansas and Indy any more. I've been there too many times, the cities suck, they're leaches on the rest of the country.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #26
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

if you want to send a message to Barney, do exactly that.
Get his email from the house website. Tell him that the election was close and that you supported Bielat. Tell him WHY.
They pay attention to this stuff.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
ecduzitgood
time to go

I honestly believe the elections are fixed, between the set up of districts and no Identification needed to vote, this State is doomed. Why do people put up with higher taxes (Duval) when the amount of tax collected for items has increased along with the increase of the actual price of the item? I reminds me of when I heard that Realtors wanted to increase the percentage they got for selling a home and people would say well they haven't increased their take in 30 year...dah if the house has increased in value then their cut has increased. People can only be pushed so far and I reached my limit over 10yrs. ago, thats why I haven't been a contributing member to society (jobless). I also have some pride so I have never taken any public assistance or unemployment and still haven't including health care. But now I see the way people want it so I am going to go and get my free health care, I have been a stand up guy my whole life and never took something that wasn't mutually agreed I had earned, infact lots of times I help people including strangers just because I felt I should. I used to work for the State but because I am a hard work and it made others look bad I was squeezed out through constant harassment and subtle threats like $20 worth of crack goes a long way and you may get conked on the head if you don't watch out, last day of probation my co-workers set me up and claimed I backed into someones car at work causing the radiator to puncture and the person supposedly blew the engine because of me. The police came and took pictures of my truck and because I happen to know one of them he told me it was the groundskeepers that set me up and they knew it was BS. This all transpired because I was working one night and my Foreman asked me if I knew what a pot plant looks like (he knew I partake)and brought me out to the dumping area where there was a 7' tall plant growing on top of a small hill. I said it is and then because it was obvious that the groundskeepers were caring for it, I took it upon myself to let them know my boss knew about the plant and it had to go before someone got bagged. They loved me as a part timer for years working the way I did but once I became full time I was supposed to slack off and wouldn't.
Tried to become a State trooper when I was 25 and scored over 90 and was told I am too Caucasian and don't have t*ts, thanks affirmative action. Am I bitter; you bet. I have become somewhat forgiving over the years, for instance a buddy of mine works under the table and rents a room from a guy who gets food stamps and housing (I don't know whether it is drugs or just mental disability) and he himself always gives me a hard time about not getting Mass. health like he has. He abuses the coverage without any concern that someone worked hard to provide the coverage and going to the hospital because your wrist hurts or you need to get your 3rd prescription for Chantix because it's free, including his dental coverage. Having only one molar left on my bottom jaw to chew with and 5 molars in my top jaw because I could only afford to have them pulled when they go south really burns my arse. It is only because I have family which helps support me that I stay connected to him because he doesn't have family to help when he doesn't have work and needs food or a ride (he's got no car). I have very little impact financially on anyones business and now that you know a little more about me perhaps it will make it easier to disregard whatever I have to say.
Forgot to put your plug bag back in the car? or left your Van staal unattended? if I am there you are very fortunate because you will get it back; there is no "if they were dumb enough in first place" thinking from me. In fact I was talked out of posting that I found a brand spankin new Sebile at the waters edge and would return it to whomever lost it if they could describe it, I was reminded that I never get any of my plugs back when they snap free and maybe I'm the moron because I felt some guilt over not trying to reunite the owner with his $28 plug. I know I'm the moron for not wanting to take advatage of how things work and outside of pre marital sex and, heres the big one...weed, my morals are beyond reproach.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 11-05-2010 at 01:39 PM..
Old 11-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #28
scottw

soooooo...apparently it's ok to impose sanctions on places like Iran and Iraq to try to hasten the removal by the people of a demented dictator that has been there too long....but not so regarding sanctions....even tiny ones....in Barney's district
Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #29
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
It won't tow a boat. that's my reason
Old 11-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #30
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

I'll buy a Prius then put this sticker on it (actually, I would by a Ford Fusion Hybrid and skip the sticker):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coexist.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	42320  

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: