Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
This might make your head spin

Seeing as homosexuality (being sexually attracted to the same sex) is considered a genetic predisposition, wouldn't pedophilia (being sexually attracted to children)also be a genetic predisposition? If so wouldn't it make sense to remove the pedophiles from the gene pool? Is it religion that keeps us from executing the most vile offenders?
I have no problem with homosexuality but do have a problem with pedophiles. I am agnostic so I had to take a jab at the harm that organized religion has had on societies.
Is there anyone I haven't alienated yet?
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,692
Muslim religion wouldn't keep us from doing it...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish
iTrader: (1)
 
RIJIMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 8,672
i thought this was about CA marihuana legalzation!!
I hope that passes, I'll have more reason to visit my inlaws in SF and be able to tolerate them a little more. I hope they have snacks at their house and on demand cable.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Muslim religion wouldn't keep us from doing it...
I call FOUL, that was going to be part of my defense when someone came after me about taking a jab at organized religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
i thought this was about CA marihuana legalzation!!
I hope that passes, I'll have more reason to visit my inlaws in SF and be able to tolerate them a little more. I hope they have snacks at their house and on demand cable.
Thats for another thread where I will discuss my gateway drug being alcohol which is why I am 420 friendly now; and think society as the danger of marijuana as compared to alcohol wrong....Now what was I talking about?
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,766
But couldn't pedophilia be manifested? from 2 people who only have the pedophilia trait (like sickle cell anemia)? If they have the trait, they might not know it b/c there is no pedophilia urges. Consequently, killing the pedophilias won't make a difference.

On 2nd thought, why take a chance - just kill them (or cut off their testicles so they won't have the urge).
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But couldn't pedophilia be manifested? from 2 people who only have the pedophilia trait (like sickle cell anemia)? If they have the trait, they might not know it b/c there is no pedophilia urges. Consequently, killing the pedophilias won't make a difference.

On 2nd thought, why take a chance - just kill them (or cut off their testicles so they won't have the urge).
I have 2 sisters and only one of them share my appetite for women so I would have to think it isn't dependent on the parents.
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,766
my issue is that I can never see wanting to be with a man (or a boy) so I don't know how someone could do that unless it's genetic.

Of course if I was a woman
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,692
I'll come clean....I'm a Lesbian trapped in a Man's Body....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Seeing as homosexuality (being sexually attracted to the same sex) is considered a genetic predisposition, wouldn't pedophilia (being sexually attracted to children)also be a genetic predisposition?
Perhaps you should read up on pedophilia.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #10
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Perhaps you should read up on pedophilia.

-spence

Save me the time and enlighten me please.
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #11
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,734
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Save me the time and enlighten me please.

I'm no expert, psychologist, (and certainly no practicer) but my understanding is it is often developed from metal issues and not a "genetic" disposition. IIRC, abuse victims, specifically sexual abuse victims, are more likely to be pedophiles. Abuse victims are more predisposed to do all manner of things .

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I'm no expert, psychologist, (and certainly no practicer) but my understanding is it is often developed from metal issues and not a "genetic" disposition. IIRC, abuse victims, specifically sexual abuse victims, are more likely to be pedophiles. Abuse victims are more predisposed to do all manner of things .
Good summary.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
fishbones
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
fishbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Easton, MA
Posts: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Perhaps you should read up on pedophilia.

-spence
Maybe I'll read up on it. Do you guys put out a monthly newsletter or something?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Good summary.

-spence
Being molested by a neighbor when I was a child might explain some of the threads I start, but I have no interest in children sexually. I think of them as dirty little germ factories; which is OK because after all they are kids and don't understand personal hygiene. I still feel sexual attraction is hard wired and thus think the harm the pedophiles cause an innocent child is inexcusable and the threat needs to be eliminated. How many have actually served their time and then repeated the same crime.
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,690
Blog Entries: 1
manipulate the GENE

massive brain reorganization via artificial means
delivered thru graphic images

turn the dial all the way to >>> full speed
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #16
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
manipulate the GENE

massive brain reorganization via artificial means
delivered thru graphic images

turn the dial all the way to >>> full speed
Isn't that what the media does?
Thats RIJIMMY'S thread
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...edia-bias.html
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #17
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Being molested by a neighbor when I was a child might explain some of the threads I start, but I have no interest in children sexually. I think of them as dirty little germ factories; which is OK because after all they are kids and don't understand personal hygiene. I still feel sexual attraction is hard wired and thus think the harm the pedophiles cause an innocent child is inexcusable and the threat needs to be eliminated. How many have actually served their time and then repeated the same crime.
Molestation doesn't mean you're going to be a pedophile. The point is simply that most believe homosexuality to be genetic while pedophelia environmental. I don't think it has to have anything to do with sexual attraction either...

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #18
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,690
Blog Entries: 1
Arrow

[QUOTE=ecduzitgood;795076]Isn't that what the media does?

well
thru a much slower delivery system- yes

now there are ways to attach electrodes and pump it in at light speed

there's a new helmet on the horizon for brain manipulation

in the Movie "logans Run"

i always marveled at the "new you" shop.

i believe it is now here...although the technology
still needs a bit more advancement

slicing the brain into paper thin slices and then reformulating those slices
back into a 3d model and thru other instant feedback devices
has taught the "science of the brain" researchers many tricks.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #19
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Molestation doesn't mean you're going to be a pedophile. The point is simply that most believe homosexuality to be genetic while pedophelia environmental. I don't think it has to have anything to do with sexual attraction either...

-spence
Perhaps my thoughts of how and why a person gets aroused (sexual attraction) needs fine tuning.
Is a persons sex drive more of a domination type of behavior as opposed to some sort of chemical response within the brain?
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #20
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,734
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Molestation doesn't mean you're going to be a pedophile. The point is simply that most believe homosexuality to be genetic while pedophelia environmental. I don't think it has to have anything to do with sexual attraction either...

-spence

What he said.

I think the worst offenders should be locked up and the key destroyed. It is one of the worst crimes humans bring on other humans and it unfortunately can further the cycle in the victims. That does not mean that victims are guaranteed to follow the path of their abusers but it does mean the victim has a seriously harder time in life, especially if they are unable or unwilling to get help. Abuse victims are more likely to be abusers, or more likely to have other issues such as drugs or alcohol, start fires, other crime, etc.


No excuse for abuse. None.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #21
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
[QUOTE=Raven;795091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Isn't that what the media does?

well
thru a much slower delivery system- yes

now there are ways to attach electrodes and pump it in at light speed

there's a new helmet on the horizon for brain manipulation

in the Movie "logans Run"

i always marveled at the "new you" shop.

i believe it is now here...although the technology
still needs a bit more advancement

slicing the brain into paper thin slices and then reformulating those slices
back into a 3d model and thru other instant feedback devices
has taught the "science of the brain" researchers many tricks.
First movie that came to mind was Total recall, then Bad behavior (actually Katie Holmes is why that movie came to mind). I haven't seen Logans Run, it's on my list now.
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #22
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
What he said.

I think the worst offenders should be locked up and the key destroyed. It is one of the worst crimes humans bring on other humans and it unfortunately can further the cycle in the victims. That does not mean that victims are guaranteed to follow the path of their abusers but it does mean the victim has a seriously harder time in life, especially if they are unable or unwilling to get help. Abuse victims are more likely to be abusers, or more likely to have other issues such as drugs or alcohol, start fires, other crime, etc.


No excuse for abuse. None.
I agree except the part where you chose to throw away the key. I consider locking a person in a cage their whole life torture. That's one of the reasons they did away with Greyhound racing; it was considered cruel to keep the dogs in cages for so long.
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I agree except the part where you chose to throw away the key. I consider locking a person in a cage their whole life torture. That's one of the reasons they did away with Greyhound racing; it was considered cruel to keep the dogs in cages for so long.
How do you feel about Drawing and Quartering.....nah might be a little to humane for them there pedophiles.

Also last time I looked......the greyhounds weren't diddling little boys

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #24
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
How do you feel about Drawing and Quartering.....nah might be a little to humane for them there pedophiles.

Also last time I looked......the greyhounds weren't diddling little boys
Thats right, and do you really want to get me started on bestiality
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,734
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Thats right, and do you really want to get me started on bestiality

Uhh, no.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com