Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
stormfish

Weapons of Mass destruction

Hey did we find these weapons yet? I'm back b1tches!

fish when you can is the way I do it man
Old 09-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Welcome back from wherever you went---since you've been gone, we added a political sub-forum. Take these posts there in the future.

I'll give you a hand on the first two.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
buckman

It all depends on who you talk to. What you consider WMD and what side of the war on terror you are on. Yes, we found nerve gas and chemicals, no, we didn't find a nuclear bomb. WMD's and the premis that he has them has been debated over and over. My take is that he was trying to develop a bomb, He had huge stockples of chemicals, he used them on the Kurds.And that he would have given his left nut to provide them to anyone that would use them to attack America.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It all depends on who you talk to. What you consider WMD and what side of the war on terror you are on. Yes, we found nerve gas and chemicals, no, we didn't find a nuclear bomb. WMD's and the premis that he has them has been debated over and over. My take is that he was trying to develop a bomb, He had huge stockples of chemicals, he used them on the Kurds.And that he would have given his left nut to provide them to anyone that would use them to attack America.
I think what you're trying to say is no, we didn't find jack squat. If you have evidence otherwise you may want to let George know.

-spence
Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #5
buckman

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

Google it "found WMD".
Old 09-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
spence

Quote:

Quote:
"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."
A few rusty canisters buried in the sand doesn't a WMD program make.

-spence
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
buckman

A few rusty canisters? They had a WMD program and they used it on their own people. Tell me you didn't hold your breath and pray that our troops would not become victims of them during the attack. How quickly we all forget.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
A few rusty canisters? They had a WMD program and they used it on their own people. Tell me you didn't hold your breath and pray that our troops would not become victims of them during the attack. How quickly we all forget.
The operative word in that sentence being "had".

And yes, I was hoping our troops wouldn't be under WMD attack...

BECAUSE I WAS MISLED BY THE ADMINISTRATION ON THE INTEL OF WHAT WE THOUGHT HE HAD

But the initial question was if "the" WMD was found. That would be "the" WMD we went to war for, remember? Saddam was going to give his best pal Bin Laden WMD or a nuke to attack the USA.

How quickly we forget.

-spence
Old 09-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #9
stormfish

Red face

Quote:
My take on it is that there weren't any weapons of mass destruction except for the ones that were developed during the Gulf war. We condemn Saddam for murdering people but support Saakashvili on his route to murder all Russian citizens/influence people in the region of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. Like on the other thread that JohnR said about Russia. Why bother even scratching the surface on it. It is way too complicated to dissect and understand. It's just a bunch of excuses and tactics to attack and have military power over. My only thoughts on it is that it didn't work out for Saakashvili. Seemed like a good time, but it just didn't work out. History is reverting itself back to the Cold War. Aye... Politics! Good thing football is back!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
stormfish

Quote:
This is a surface worth scratching. Fox News... ... All they do is like and pollute misguided Americans. Who better to do so? Mr. Bill O'Reilly! #1 Jack Arse in America. O'Reilly states, "there were no WMD in Iraq, we were just misinformed by the Russians." A strategic plan by Russia to weaken America?

My take is that these wars were never about Terrorism or WMD. It's a chess match between the East and West. Iraq was a huge ally to Putin and now is destroyed. Notice how Russia is invading Georgia in the same manner we applied to Iraq? Yes Putin has a point, because he's trying to protect his [people]. Like our point is to protect America from Terrorism or WMD.

Please do not hate Muslims or Russians. It's not the people/religion that causes wars. It's all in the huge hands of political leaders and the greed for World Power.