Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-16-2003, 11:56 PM   #1
Jonny Bolt

THE RED SOX CHOKE!!!

wooohoooohooo. As expected, the Boston Red Sox CHOKE, and LOSE in extra-inning's to the Yankmee's in game 7 of the ALCS.

The Red Sox manager, Grady Little, will be promptly FIRED tomorrow morning, for his FOOLISH decision to leave ace starter Pedro Martinez in the game after the 7th inning stretch. FOOLISHNESS.

If Mr. Little had made the right decision, and denied Pedro's pleas to stay in the game, the Red Sox wouldve avoided extra-innings, and won the game 5-2. A fresh pitcher in the 8th wouldve all but guaranteed the Sox a ride to the world series. But nope, had to keep that pitcher in!

I feel for all the loyal Red Sox fans, who were once again let down by this choke team of choke teams, known as the Boston Red Sox. CHOKE!

But, this year, I will lay off the CHOKE TEAM thing, because the Manager of the Sox, NOT the team, lost this crucial game. Poor, poor decisions were made, and critical errors followed.

So thank you Mr. Little, for leaving Pedro Martinez in the game, when he was down to throwing 79mph heat, and giving up the runs to tie the ball game. Truly awesome. Truly, truly unbelievable. You'd almost think the gaem was rigged, with such a blatently obvious mistake. Truly pathetic, and sickening to ones stomach.

To make the right decision, and put Derek Lowe, OR Tim wakefield in at the bottom of the 8th inning to shut the game down, was too much to ask. If this had been done, the Yankmee's wouldve most likely been getting their golf clubs cleaned up, and meeting a 10:05am tee time this morning. But nope.

Thank you again, Mr. Little. And in the famous words Vincent K. McMahon.......YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRED!!!!!!

Also like to add that its just another BORING world series. Bore the life right out of me. I wont be tuning in, plenty of Football to watch!!! GO VIKINGS!

DISCLAIMER: I am a full-blooded New Englander, who chose many years ago not to follow the Red Sox, or any baseball for that matter. After many a heartwrenching, and heartbreaking loss and infinite letdowns, one must move along and find positivity and happiness. I cant imagine still being a Red Sox fan, and being miserable all the time.

Hey Little...

.................... /´¯/)
..................../¯.. /
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........'\'...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............

Last edited by Jonny Bolt; 10-17-2003 at 12:11 AM..
Jonny Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:05 AM   #2
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Its not the curse of the Bambino...

Its the curse of a CRAPPY MANAGEMENT and BIG DUMB EGOS.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:37 AM   #3
vio
Morone Saxatilis challenged

vio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:46 AM   #4
shore manic

allright i'm still sticking up for the sox
see ya and i'll kick ya ass!! just say the time and place.... i'll be there!!!!!!!!! YANKEES STILL SUCK!!!!! A Loyal RED SOX FAN.

my best days are in, on, or at the waters edge...... (We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.) Ernest Hemingway
shore manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:47 AM   #5
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
sad for us fans but we stand tall as we stuck by our team and that is character...

Grady must be fired

Ok Yankees fans...give us what we deserve

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 06:42 AM   #6

Yeah we lost, but you know what our team played great. I'm happy that we made it to game 7 of the ALCS and it took extra innings to decide the game. The series was fantastic! Did Grady make a huge mistake, sure I think he did. Last night's game was the Red Sox's too loose and they found a way... GO PATS!
179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 06:47 AM   #7
MountainBreeze

There's no curse... They just SUK!

Seriously... what a good game!
MountainBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:03 AM   #8
MakoMike

It was a great series! Its too bad only one team could win, but I'm glad it was the yanks! Who knows what would have happened if Little pulled Pedro earlier? It could have still played out the same way.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:06 AM   #9
TBone

Helluva a series!!! The World Series doesn't mean quite as much as that win lsat night! Both teams deserved it...couldn't ask for anything better!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:15 AM   #10
beachwalker
Below Me

If the Sox choked last night, Did the Yanks the night before ?

This kind of question should be in Sports talk section and somehow I get the impression that no one will be interested in talking about the Yanks anymore.

Don't blame ya'

THUS, WE FISH
beachwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:18 AM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

ya, move this please to Sports talk. I can't bear to keep reading the title
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote