Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-16-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Is Lindsey's spine regenerating?

His tweets this am

I hope President Trump is right in his belief that Turkeys invasion of Syria is of no concern to us, abandoning the Kurds won’t come back to haunt us, ISIS won’t reemerge, and Iran will not fill the vacuum created by this decision.

However, I firmly believe that if President Trump continues to make such statements this will be a disaster worse than President Obama’s decision to leave Iraq.

I worry we will not have allies in the future against radical Islam, ISIS will reemerge, & Iran’s rise in Syria will become a nightmare for Israel.

I fear this is a complete and utter national security disaster in the making and I hope President Trump will adjust his thinking.

The statements by President Trump about Turkey’s invasion being of no concern to us also completely undercut Vice President Pence and Sec. Pompeo’s ability to end the conflict.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
Jim in CT

So to you, anytime he disagrees with Trump, that's showing spine. Any time he sides with Trump, he's being cowardly. It's not possible, that siding with Trump could ever be the right thing to do? Not in any situation? Not in the Kavanaugh witch trials?
Old 10-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Just keep defending Putin’s Puppet

Trump folds again like the unstudied fool that he is.

President Trump: “PKK (Kurds) are a greater threat than ISIS.” Not a single National Security adviser to the president would agree with that statement. Turkish talking point.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
Nebe

I find that all politicians have no spine when they are in power. The moment that they think they could loose it, magically, a spine appears until they are complacent again.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

The Stable Genius said today in his presser with the latest unlucky foreign leader:
"Lindsey Graham would like to stay in the Middle East for the next 1,000 years with thousands of soldiers fighting other people's wars. I'd like to get out of the Middle East. I think Lindsey should focus right now on Judiciary, like the Democrats — the do-nothing Democrats as I call them because they're getting nothing done. They're not getting USMCA done between Canada, the United States and Mexico. They're getting nothing done."

Graham's response:
"I will do anything I can to help him, but I will also become President Trump's worst nightmare. I will not sit along the sidelines and watch a good ally, the Kurds, be slaughtered by Turkey... This is a defining moment for President Trump. He needs to up his game."

Mr. President, forget about what I’m saying about Syria.

Listen to your own national security team who are telling you the consequences of your decision and the impact it will have on our nation.

President Trump is being told EXACTLY what President Obama was told before he withdrew from Iraq.

He appears to be hell-bent on making the same mistakes in Syria as President Obama made in Iraq.

When it comes to America's national security I will NEVER be quiet.

The worst thing any Commander in Chief can do is to give land back to the enemy that was taken through blood and sacrifice.

I fear those are the consequences of the actions being taken right now.

I think the Republicans are sharpening their knives, Trump has no clue about how fast things can change.
He thinks he is King, the coup he whines about will come from within his own party.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Pelosi statement
I am deeply concerned that the White House has canceled an all-Member classified briefing on the dangerous situation the President has caused in Syria, denying the Congress its right to be informed as it makes decisions about our national security.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Romney
Sen. Romney on US troop withdrawal from northern Syria:

"Turkey let us know what they were going to do. This is not a surprise. Everybody told the administration what would happen ... The reality is what's happening in Syria is a result of our decision."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just keep defending Putin’s Puppet

Trump folds again like the unstudied fool that he is.

President Trump: “PKK (Kurds) are a greater threat than ISIS.” Not a single National Security adviser to the president would agree with that statement. Turkish talking point.
So if I say that Trump is capable of being right some of the time, that's "defending Putin's puppet". Unless I critix=cize every single thing he does, I'm a Trumplican.

Pete, if only the world were that simple.

"President Trump: “PKK (Kurds) are a greater threat than ISIS.”

It's a bone headed thing to say.

That's the difference between us. I can readily admit when he says something stupid, but you can't admit when he does something terrific. Like with the economy, or wiping out student loans for disabled vets.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Romney
Sen. Romney on US troop withdrawal from northern Syria:

"Turkey let us know what they were going to do. This is not a surprise. Everybody told the administration what would happen ... The reality is what's happening in Syria is a result of our decision."
Romney, who the entire left and media made fun of, when he said Russia was an adversary. Now all of a sudden, he's an authority on such things.

When he's in teh way of a democrat, he is to be mocked. When he's attacking Trump, he is to be taken seriously.

Cant have it both ways.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Pete is a propaganda machine. Nothing makes sense unless it belittles our president
Old 10-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Pete is a propaganda machine. Nothing makes sense unless it belittles our president
correct. the entire religion is based on orange man bad. thats the only commandment. everyone who disagrees with trump is virtuous, everyone who agrees with him on anything, is a hatemonger. you can’t have a conversation anymore. i mean there are times when detbuch and scott disagree with me 100%, but we can talk rationally and no one is furious or foaming at the mouth. it’s not easy to do that with those inflicted with TDS.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Lindsey warned America who Trump was, then oh crap he got elected and I have to kiss his butt and then he proved how dangerous he was and crossed even his red line. Just imagine how different this political landscape would be if we had term limits.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 10-16-2019 at 08:21 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Lindsey warned America who Trump was, then oh crap he got elected and I have to kiss his butt and then he proved how dangerous he was and crossed even his red line. Just imagine who different this political landscape would be if we had term limits.
Don’t forget doing away with electoral college too!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-16-2019, 08:39 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Lindsey warned America who Trump was, then oh crap he got elected and I have to kiss his butt and then he proved how dangerous he was and crossed even his red line. Just imagine how different this political landscape would be if we had term limits.
so it’s not possible
that Graham, based on admirable principle, hated what the liberals tried to do to kavanaugh? that can only be a cowardly ploy to suck up to trump?

i think graham dislikes trump. and i think he hates how dirty the democrats play, especially with kavanaugh.

the true conservatives have never liked graham, he was always way too moderate. i like moderate. again, every time he criticizes trump he’s a hero, every time he agrees with trump he’s a whore?

i agree on term limits 100%.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps you’ve missed Twitler’s Letter to Ergodan
A Diplomatic, no a letter an elementary school child would have written.
Just keep believing fools
Old 10-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

The scariest thing about Trump's letter to Erdogan isn't that Trump dictated it. It's that no one--the national security adviser, the chief of staff, the Secretary of State (all of whom I presume saw it before it was sent)--could persuade him not to send it. Did they even try?
Old 10-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #17
Jim in CT

i’m talking about graham, can you put trump’s actions
aside for three seconds, and tell me if it’s humanly possible for Lindsay Graham to be in the side side of an issue with Trump, and do so because of decent principles? or is it always a character flaw, 100% of the time, to side with trump instead of liberals?
Old 10-17-2019, 01:31 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s a character flaw to side with Putin’s Puppet.
Period
Old 10-17-2019, 05:44 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s a character flaw to side with Putin’s Puppet.
Period
there you have it. if trump eliminates student loans for disabled vets, it’s a character flaw to celebrate that.

That’s the definition of TDS. What trump does, doesn’t matter. All that matters, is opposing him all of the time.

that doesn’t sound irrational to you?
Old 10-17-2019, 05:59 AM   #20
scottw

if Maxine Waters and AOC had a baby it would be Pete
Old 10-17-2019, 06:02 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
at least he admitted it.

“Trump drank a glass of water today! You know who else liked water? Hitler, that’s who!”.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:48 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there you have it. if trump eliminates student loans for disabled vets, it’s a character flaw to celebrate that.

That’s the definition of TDS. What trump does, doesn’t matter. All that matters, is opposing him all of the time.

that doesn’t sound irrational to you?
Jim what irrational is someone who constantly trys to put a postive face on Trump. Regardless of his actions.. thats TDS ..
He is in charge so yes he is responsible for the good and bad in his administration.. to bad there is more bad than good.. not sure how thats anyones fault other than Trump
Old 10-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
Your starting to bc like SD.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:54 AM   #24
Sea Dangles

The real truth is no matter who is president,half will not approve. When it happens to a candidate who was elected via electoral college,it means more than half will not approve. I accept this as simple math.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Your starting to bc like SD.
yeah, but I'm much nicer to you
Old 10-17-2019, 07:31 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
yeah, but I'm much nicer to you
you are. I'm sure a better fisherman also.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim what irrational is someone who constantly trys to put a postive face on Trump. Regardless of his actions.. thats TDS ..
He is in charge so yes he is responsible for the good and bad in his administration.. to bad there is more bad than good.. not sure how thats anyones fault other than Trump
you guys crack me up...

i agree it’s not rational to always put a positive spin on everything trump does. why isn’t it equally irrational, to always put a negative spin on everything he does? Isnt it equally irrational.

i call him out all the time when he acts like a jerk. i also give him credit when he does something good. that’s called being fair. i did the same thing with obama.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
at least he admitted it.

“Trump drank a glass of water today! You know who else liked water? Hitler, that’s who!”.
Yesterday in Bizzaro World
-Donald likely committed tax fraud for years
-Presser with President Mozzerella
-Had a complete meltdown in front of Pelosi
-Claimed he wasn't concerned with freed ISIS fighters
-His crazy letter to Erdogan
-He tried to unite a family with their child's killer by surprise in the White House

Just stand by while he pulls the troops out of Korea and Europe

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:

Just stand by while he pulls the troops out of Korea and Europe
he campaigned on bringing troops home. he subsequently won the election. so it seems to me, the american people want troops brought home, no?

so when he breaks a campaign promise, you attack him. When he keeps a campaign promise, you attack him.

obama liked to say “elections have subsequences.”.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #30
wdmso

Trump then cut Schumer off and called Mattis "the world's most overrated general,"

More defense of Trump shocking. Pulls 1000 out from the kurds gives sends 10k to the Saudis .. still in Afghanistan still in Africa, Korea japan Germany Qatar thats the short list

You really need to try to see the bigger picture .. you and Trump are running out of cherry's to pick to support your defense of his decisions. And if you think a campaign promises superceded national security your uninformed ..

Last edited by wdmso; 10-17-2019 at 08:12 AM..