Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #61
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I think he damages our national security, has made world leaders very leery of making any deals with someone who doesn't respect them, he is absolutely the last thing we need on environmental issues, he inherited a strong economy and has put farmers in the pour house, manufacturing is down and hey HOW ABOUT THAT BUDGET. This budget issue isn't partisan, both parties better address it soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Budget.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	66702  
Old 12-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
get your fingers out of your ears and listen. the economy is roaring, the right loves the judges he is appointing, he’s taking the fight to jihadists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The economy hes done nothing

Judges again he has done nothing.. the Senate has

Taking the fight to jihadist.. your clueless on this topic. This hasn't changed since 911
Old 12-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Judges again he has done nothing.. the Senate has

Taking the fight to jihadist.. your clueless on this topic. This hasn't changed since 911
“the economy has done nothing”.

lowest black unemployment ever, highest black median income ever, is nothing? Nah, you’re
not partisan.

The president nominates judges, the senate votes to confirm. The senate can only vote on judges nominated by the president.

Take a civics class and stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #64
scottw

as crazy as schifs eyeballs
Old 12-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #65
scottw

imagine how great things would be if trump didn't have the dems and the media and re-pete hounding him every second of every day
Old 12-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
as crazy as schifs eyeballs
it’s deranged, un-glued gibberish.

the left is doing everything they can, to get him re-elected. And they don’t see it. They think the way to beat him, is to nominate someone that makes Obama
look like a centrist. They think Hilary lost because she wasn’t nearly liberal ( i.e., polarizing) enough...how does one arrive at that conclusion?
Old 12-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #67
scottw

it would be so much fun if he showed up at the next impeachment debacle wearing sunglasses
Old 12-02-2019, 03:55 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it would be so much fun if he showed up at the next impeachment debacle wearing sunglasses
did you hear what he said about Newsweek, after they lied about what he did over thanksgiving? he said “i thought newsweek went out of business already.”.

he can be a real jerk, but sometimes he hits it way out of the park.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Black Friday saw huge online sales, as did Small Business Saturday.

People have money, and they’re not afraid to spend it. You hate that, don’t you?
Old 12-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #70
wdmso

Quote:
Black Friday saw huge online sales, as did Small Business Saturday.

People have money, and they’re not afraid to spend it. You hate that, don’t you?
again your a kool aid drinker just because you get on a bike that's already moving you somehow think Trump get 100% credit for starting the bike rolling hes done some pedaling but mostly coasting ,btu:

Black friday sales have been rising except 2008 but you think its because of Trump LOL sure it is I live in reality not Trumps reality the 1st number is individual spending 20-40 dollars some years 2-5 in others WOW
2005 $734.69 $496.2 billion 6.2%
2006 $750.70 $512.6 billion 3.2%
2007 $755.13 $525.9 billion 2.7%
2008 $694.19 $501.7 billion -4.6%
2009 $681.83 $503.2 billion 0.2%
2010 $718.98 $529.4 billion 5.2%
2011 $740.57 $553.8 billion 4.6%
2012 $752.24 $568.7 billion 2.6%
2013 $767.24 $584.1 billion 2.9%
2014 $802.45 $608.0 billion 5.0%
2015 $805.65 $626.1 billion 3.2%
2016 $935.58 $655.8 billion 3.6%
2017 $967.13 $682.0 billion 4.0%
2018 $1,007.24 $717.5 billion 4.3%

Last edited by wdmso; 12-02-2019 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #71
Sea Dangles

More gibberish
Old 12-02-2019, 09:23 PM   #72
wdmso

Quote:
“the economy has done nothing”.

lowest black unemployment ever, highest black median income ever, is nothing? Nah, you’re
not partisan.

The president nominates judges, the senate votes to confirm. The senate can only vote on judges nominated by the president.

Take a civics class and stop embarrassing yourself.
Talk about embarrassing its amazing how tone death you are to reality

you dont even understand how the senate works? this is beyond civics maybe Republicans need a lesson.. Ask Obama how much being POTUS helped him filli judges

Senate obstructionism handed a raft of judicial vacancies to Trump

the 114th Senate contributed to the contentiousness and polarization of the once semi-ministerial task of confirming judge. There is no reason to expect the process to get any better. We are reaching the point that confirmations stop unless the same party controls the White House and Senate.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...cies-to-trump/
Old 12-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
More gibberish
Facts tend to get that response alot around here
Old 12-03-2019, 01:36 AM   #74
scottw

Quote:

Talk about embarrassing its amazing how tone death you are to reality
The amusement never ends.....

Last edited by scottw; 12-03-2019 at 02:08 AM..
Old 12-03-2019, 02:09 AM   #75
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I think he damages our national security, has made world leaders very leery of making any deals with someone who doesn't respect them, he is absolutely the last thing we need on environmental issues, he inherited a strong economy and has put farmers in the pour house, manufacturing is down and hey HOW ABOUT THAT BUDGET. This budget issue isn't partisan, both parties better address it soon.
fake opinion news
Old 12-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
again your a kool aid drinker just because you get on a bike that's already moving you somehow think Trump get 100% credit for starting the bike rolling hes done some pedaling but mostly coasting ,btu:

Black friday sales have been rising except 2008 but you think its because of Trump LOL sure it is I live in reality not Trumps reality the 1st number is individual spending 20-40 dollars some years 2-5 in others WOW
2005 $734.69 $496.2 billion 6.2%
2006 $750.70 $512.6 billion 3.2%
2007 $755.13 $525.9 billion 2.7%
2008 $694.19 $501.7 billion -4.6%
2009 $681.83 $503.2 billion 0.2%
2010 $718.98 $529.4 billion 5.2%
2011 $740.57 $553.8 billion 4.6%
2012 $752.24 $568.7 billion 2.6%
2013 $767.24 $584.1 billion 2.9%
2014 $802.45 $608.0 billion 5.0%
2015 $805.65 $626.1 billion 3.2%
2016 $935.58 $655.8 billion 3.6%
2017 $967.13 $682.0 billion 4.0%
2018 $1,007.24 $717.5 billion 4.3%
i never, ever said i give trump 100% credit for the economy. I said
many times, that Obama got the economy back and then some.

You are the one, who said that Trumps economy has “done nothing”.

So between us, who is the honest one, and who is the thoughtless partisan zombie? Hmmm?
Old 12-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #77
Sea Dangles

He simply can’t help but spin. These Dems are a dishonest lot.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
He simply can’t help but spin. These Dems are a dishonest lot.
it goes way beyond dishonesty. I have my political biases, most of us do. These people are, literally, delusional. The economy has done nothing? Trump doesn’t select federal judges, the senate does?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #79
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’ve never claimed the economy isn’t strong, but there is a cost associated to his policies and eventually the tab is coming to the table. Manufacturing and the farming sectors are now paying for the trade war policy and at NATO, he now says he will expand tariffs and suggests a China deal might be on hold until after 2020. I believe he has done serious harm to how our allies see us, especially when entering into agreements, which Trump has shown no problem walking away from. His undermining the strength of the chain of command in the military and second guessing their judgement on discipline is dangerous. His head in the sand approach to climate change will set us back and at a time we should continue to lead, he moves us in the opposite direction. Thankfully scores of businesses, universities, cities and states have stayed the course knowing its serious.

All this hype about the economy and nothing on the budget and deficit, guess who pays that tab; prepare your children.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:46 AM   #80
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I’ve never claimed the economy isn’t strong, but there is a cost associated to his policies and eventually the tab is coming to the table. Manufacturing and the farming sectors are now paying for the trade war policy and at NATO, he now says he will expand tariffs and suggests a China deal might be on hold until after 2020. I believe he has done serious harm to how our allies see us, especially when entering into agreements, which Trump has shown no problem walking away from. His undermining the strength of the chain of command in the military and second guessing their judgement on discipline is dangerous. His head in the sand approach to climate change will set us back and at a time we should continue to lead, he moves us in the opposite direction. Thankfully scores of businesses, universities, cities and states have stayed the course knowing its serious.

All this hype about the economy and nothing on the budget and deficit, guess who pays that tab; prepare your children.
My children will work and yours will whine. That is called preparation.🙄

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it goes way beyond dishonesty. I have my political biases, most of us do. These people are, literally, delusional. The economy has done nothing? Trump doesn’t select federal judges, the senate does?
While Trump selects judges the Senate played a big role in the number of choices he has and played other games.

Things changed after the 2014 elections, when Republicans won back the chamber and virtually halted processing Obama’s court nominees. At the end of Obama’s term, in 2017, there were 17 circuit court vacancies, with seven nominees pending, and 86 district court vacancies, with 44 nominees pending.

Having so many vacancies to fill gave Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the White House more opportunities to pump up Trump’s confirmation rate in his first two years.

In 2017, McConnell went further than Reid in instituting another partisan rule change. This one did away with the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees, ensuring Neil M. Gorsuch would be confirmed — and Brett M. Kavanaugh a year later. And this year he limited the number of hours of post-cloture debate on district court nominees, a move that further greases the skids for more confirmations.

Another change in Senate operations during Trump’s presidency has been the weakening of the “blue slip” process, which allowed home-state senators to essentially sink a nomination if they did not signal their support. Obama and previous presidents were loath to choose nominees who would not pass muster with home-state senators.

McConnell has said that Democratic opposition won’t slow Trump nominees, a sentiment echoed by Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

Georgetown’s Rom doesn’t expect doing away with the blue slip process to make a huge difference, but he said it will “allow the majority of the Senate to approve judges more quickly.”

“They’re going to try to put as many judges through that process as possible … and being able to ignore the home-state senators gives them a little bit of an edge,” he said.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:

others are denying its strong.

i do t see a major cost to his antics. I’d prefer having an adult in there who has some class, but not if it meant less growth. Our nation is a whole lot more than who the president is. Lots of people
still risking their lives to come here, very few billionaires here, who can afford to live anywhere they want, are fleeing. i think the “cost” is inflated. That’s just my opinion, and i may be wrong. But I just don’t see it. We are a whole lot more, than who are president happens to be.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:04 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
While Trump selects judges the Senate played a big role in the number of choices he has and played other games.

Things changed after the 2014 elections, when Republicans won back the chamber and virtually halted processing Obama’s court nominees. At the end of Obama’s term, in 2017, there were 17 circuit court vacancies, with seven nominees pending, and 86 district court vacancies, with 44 nominees pending.

Having so many vacancies to fill gave Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and the White House more opportunities to pump up Trump’s confirmation rate in his first two years.

In 2017, McConnell went further than Reid in instituting another partisan rule change. This one did away with the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees, ensuring Neil M. Gorsuch would be confirmed — and Brett M. Kavanaugh a year later. And this year he limited the number of hours of post-cloture debate on district court nominees, a move that further greases the skids for more confirmations.

Another change in Senate operations during Trump’s presidency has been the weakening of the “blue slip” process, which allowed home-state senators to essentially sink a nomination if they did not signal their support. Obama and previous presidents were loath to choose nominees who would not pass muster with home-state senators.

McConnell has said that Democratic opposition won’t slow Trump nominees, a sentiment echoed by Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

Georgetown’s Rom doesn’t expect doing away with the blue slip process to make a huge difference, but he said it will “allow the majority of the Senate to approve judges more quickly.”

“They’re going to try to put as many judges through that process as possible … and being able to ignore the home-state senators gives them a little bit of an edge,” he said.
the political game playing with judges, started when the democrats rejected Bjork. Before that, confirmations were expected, even if the opposing party controlled the majority in the senate.

can’t have it both ways.

You’re saying McConnell and Graham should
let democrat opposition slow them down?

The American people
have chosen to give control of the senate to republicans. That includes the duty of confirming judges. If you don’t like it, win control of the senate. until
then, too bad.

After what the democrats tried to do to Kavanaugh, all you can do is point fingers at the republicans?

Many Republicans voted for Kagan and Sotomayor.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the political game playing with judges, started when the democrats rejected Bjork. Before that, confirmations were expected, even if the opposing party controlled the majority in the senate.

can’t have it both ways.

You’re saying McConnell and Graham should
let democrat opposition slow them down?

The American people
have chosen to give control of the senate to republicans. That includes the duty of confirming judges. If you don’t like it, win control of the senate. until
then, too bad.

After what the democrats tried to do to Kavanaugh, all you can do is point fingers at the republicans?

Many Republicans voted for Kagan and Sotomayor.
What you said was: "Trump doesn’t select federal judges, the senate does?"

I detail what happened in the Senate and you play victim once again, going back decades to the man who, after men with belief in the rule of law refused, fired Archibald Cox and then attempting to justify the Machivellian machinations of McConnell and Graham.

Just how did Kavanaugh appear as a SC candidate?

1. Justice Kennedy retired abruptly to make way for Trump’s Brett Kavanaugh.
2. Kennedy’s son Justin and senior executive Tom Bowers signed off on Trump’s loans at Deutsche Bank.
3. Bowers “killed himself”.

Who paid off Brett Kavanaugh’s:$92,000 country club fees, $200,000 credit card debt and $1.2M home mortgage?

And you're worried about Hunter Biden getting 50K a month

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What you said was: "Trump doesn’t select federal judges, the senate does?"

I detail what happened in the Senate and you play victim once again, going back decades to the man who, after men with belief in the rule of law refused, fired Archibald Cox and then attempting to justify the Machivellian machinations of McConnell and Graham.

2. Kennedy’s son Justin and senior executive Tom Bowers signed off on Trump’s loans at Deutsche Bank.

Who paid off Brett Kavanaugh’s:$92,000 country club fees, $200,000 credit card debt and $1.2M home mortgage?

And you're worried about Hunter Biden getting 50K a month
im not playing the victim card. my side is doing just fine. just pointing out the hypocrisy and lies.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #86
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
My children will work and yours will whine. That is called preparation.🙄
It amazes me how you can even go beyond insulting board members, even moving on to include wives, sons and daughters. Keep trying to make yourself bigger than you are, I’m certain nobody on here is buying it.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #87
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
im not playing the victim card. my side is doing just fine. just pointing out the hypocrisy and lies.
Hypocrisy
Bork is the man who, after men with belief in the rule of law refused, fired Archibald Cox

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #88
Sea Dangles

Quote:
It amazes me how you can even go beyond insulting board members, even moving on to include wives, sons and daughters. Keep trying to make yourself bigger than you are, I’m certain nobody on here is buying it.
Do the world a favor and teach them accountability. It sickens me to hear you rant about free college and a wealth tax with you more than willing to accept handouts. All the while,complaining about a leader who puts AMERICA 1st.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 12-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #89
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What the F*ck are you drinking or smoking. I haven’t spoken one word about free eduction, taxing the wealthy more because they can pay more, helps fund some education. You know nothing about me, but you clearly think you do, stay away from that old eggnog, you can’t afford to lose more brain cells.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #90
PaulS

Quote:
He is a vile person.