Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Yep, we are......

Now if a guy waltz's into Harlem and starts screaming the "N" word.....and he gets his ass kicked. Does he have the same right to be protected under the constitution....sure he does.....did he get what he deserved for being a friggin moron.......sure he did.

When do we start screaming about all the tax dollars being spent on protecting people who are doing stupid things......ya know....all this protection does cost money.
I agree, in the koran case, Im looking at it in a different light since its international pressure and potential international threats. If american muslims beat the crap out of him, they'd be wrong but I would feel better about it.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I agree, in the koran case, Im looking at it in a different light since its international pressure and potential international threats. If american muslims beat the crap out of him, they'd be wrong but I would feel better about it.
huh?...you know, if someone that opposed the GZ Mosque were to suggest that while wrong, someone "beating the crap out of" Rauf in retaliation after the completion of the thing would make them "feel better about it"...I'd find that pretty offensive....I guess it ok to beat the crap out of someone if it has international consequences or if they're "being a friggin moron"?...why not just lop off the koran burning guys head?....if beating the crap out of him, while wrong, would make you feel better...watching his head roll around on the ground might give you a little chubby...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
huh?...you know, if someone that opposed the GZ Mosque were to suggest that while wrong, someone "beating the crap out of" Rauf in retaliation after the completion of the thing would make them "feel better about it"...I'd find that pretty offensive....I guess it ok to beat the crap out of someone if it has international consequences or if they're "being a friggin moron"?...why not just lop off the koran burning guys head?....if beating the crap out of him, while wrong, would make you feel better...watching his head roll around on the ground might give you a little chubby...
no, no, no, no, no - you're taking my reply out of context. See Dad F's reply to me on N word in Harlem
I take a stong stance on protecting this pastor as an american, against threats from outside the country. I dont care what other countries think about us and we should defend out rights, wacky or not. Its our constitutional obligation.
But as Dad F points out, I go to a Pats game and yell " Brady sucks a$$" and get my head beat in, thats different.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
no, no, no, no, no - you're taking my reply out of context. See Dad F's reply to me on N word in Harlem
I take a stong stance on protecting this pastor as an american, against threats from outside the country. I dont care what other countries think about us and we should defend out rights, wacky or not. Its our constitutional obligation.
But as Dad F points out, I go to a Pats game and yell " Brady sucks a$$" and get my head beat in, thats different.
oh, right ....I see....

if you say the N word in Harlem and get beaten or yell "Brady sucks" at a Pats game and you get your head beat in or "a guy is choosing to burn the Quran...have a ball. But if you get terrorized, beaten or Killed because of YOUR choice....don't come whining to me about it."
because what ?...you probably deserved it ???

you guys were pretty clear....sounds like violence in the face of what?...the wrong words or non-violent action..is acceptable? expected? deserved?

wow?

seems to me this insignificant nut in Florida proved that he could ignite the religeon of peace... world wide... simply by stating that he'd burn something printed on paper in his little corner of nowhere....doesn't say much for the muslim world now does it?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
seems to me this insignificant nut in Florida proved that he could ignite the religeon of peace... world wide... simply by stating that he'd burn something printed on paper in his little corner of nowhere....doesn't say much for the muslim world now does it?
Good point, one might question if a lot of this is really about religion after all.

-spence
Old 09-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
scottw

if you want to read about stuff burning and have a little time on your hands....Google "muslim unrest" or "muslim riots" and then the country of your choice....France, England, China, Australia, Spain, Netherlands...any of the middle east or african countries...on and on....try the same with any other religeon...just for comparison
Sweden...Cambodia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Greece........Germany, Ireland...Russia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan

Last edited by scottw; 09-10-2010 at 04:24 AM..
Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
if you want to read about stuff burning and have a little time on your hands....Google "muslim unrest" or "muslim riots" and then the country of your choice....France, England, China, Australia, Spain, Netherlands...any of the middle east or african countries...on and on....try the same with any other religeon...just for comparison
Sweden...Cambodia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Greece........Germany, Ireland...Russia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan

great piece today....
The Eternal Flame of Muslim Outrage - Article - National Review Online