Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
luds
Night Stalker

Recommendations on a Toyota Dealer on the South Shore or in the Great Boston Area

Anyone have any recommendations on a Toyota dealer they particularly like? About to retire my F150 to dump struck status and move into a Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot. Have a couple places in mind for Honda but I'm clueless on dealers for Toyota.

luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Copeland in Brockton
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

Luds,my neighbors wife is selling a highlander.....looks cherry.Let me know if you want details.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
Copeland in Brockton
And if you want to compare models, there's a Honda dealer next door to Copeland.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
Copeland in Brockton

My wife has been very happy with her purchase and service from Copeland Toyota. I just happened to buy from Rouite 44 Toyota in Raynham and have been very pleased there.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
BigBo

I got my first Tacoma from Copeland and was very happy with them and the deal I got. That was when they had the old dealership on Main St.
I went back there when I was ready for another and I found them not so pleasant to deal with and also not able to get as good a deal as I did at McGee in Hanover.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
buckman

Tufankjian in Braintree. The service department is fantastic
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
fishsmith
DDG-51

Tufankjian in Braintree - getting in and out of that area blows but that is a nice place

McGee in Hanover is a good place, we bought a used Honda Odyssey there (the lame van kind, not the cool ORV )
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Moses

Bought my 2005 Tacoma at McGee - overall good experience.

Bought my 2009 Tacoma at Boch - good price but very hectic Sales process.

I work near Boch and live near rte 44 and have service provided by both. Rte 44 has been great & very accommodating and Boch service is very convenient.

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Bought my 2005 Tacoma at McGee - overall good experience.

Bought my 2009 Tacoma at Boch - good price but very hectic Sales process.

I work near Boch and live near rte 44 and have service provided by both. Rte 44 has been great & very accommodating and Boch service is very convenient.
I bought my 2009 tacoma at Boch as well. Best Price without a doubt, I really shooped around. But the usual "Let me talk with my manager" song and dance for a while. Eventually worked out.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
m+mhammer

Recommendations on a toyota dealer

I always shop 2 or 3 dealers. Best deals I made were from boch south in north attleboro. Go for the 0% interest. I believe the trucks have it now. Good luck with it. Mike. P. S. don't be afraid to walk away. And add tour sales tax into the deal if they have the 0% interest.
m+mhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by luds View Post
Anyone have any recommendations on a Toyota dealer they particularly like? About to retire my F150 to dump struck status and move into a Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot. Have a couple places in mind for Honda but I'm clueless on dealers for Toyota.
I don't have any experience with Toyota, but I am assuming you are asking about the best place to purchase a new vehicle?

I think the best approach, (if you already know the vehicle and options you want), is to contact all the local dealers via email or phone and get them to give you their best price. Email is easiest because it is quick and easy to follow up and let them know you got a better price. At that point you have them trying to beat each other's offer.
GregW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #13
luds
Night Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I don't have any experience with Toyota, but I am assuming you are asking about the best place to purchase a new vehicle?

I think the best approach, (if you already know the vehicle and options you want), is to contact all the local dealers via email or phone and get them to give you their best price. Email is easiest because it is quick and easy to follow up and let them know you got a better price. At that point you have them trying to beat each other's offer.
Thanks Everyone and Greg I definitely agree with your approach. I am going to hit a couple dealers before going down this road to test drive first because I've never been in either vehicle.

luds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
gf2020

Not on the South Shore but Acton Toyota in Littleton is hands down the best Toyota dealer in the Greater Boston area. I drive past 2 other Toyota dealers to do business there. Bought my 2010 Tundra and my wife's 2012 Highlander there and now looking at a used Camry for my kids. They are totally no nonsense, most deals are a straight $500 below invoice, take off any applicable rebates and away you go.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Not on the South Shore but Acton Toyota in Littleton is hands down the best Toyota dealer in the Greater Boston area. I drive past 2 other Toyota dealers to do business there. Bought my 2010 Tundra and my wife's 2012 Highlander there and now looking at a used Camry for my kids. They are totally no nonsense, most deals are a straight $500 below invoice, take off any applicable rebates and away you go.
I was just there on Saturday, getting ready to ditch the truck and looking at the Rav4's.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #16
gf2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I was just there on Saturday, getting ready to ditch the truck and looking at the Rav4's.

A buddy of mine who also lives in Georgetown bought his new Sequoia at Acton bcause he did not want to deal with Jaffarian or Ira.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote