Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

New Polls Show That Trump Should Be Afraid. Very Very Afraid.

In July I argued that Donald Trump’s strategy race baiting against the so-called “Squad” of four minority female members of Congress would not go well for him. I wrote that “I wouldn’t assume that we may not look back and see this as being the Ides Of August for Trump.”

Two weeks later I asked, “Could This Be the Moment Trump loses America?” I argued that a triad of events⁠—Trump’s attack on the Squad, tied to the rhetoric of “send them back” with the backdrop of his repeated referencing of “invasion,” which then rolled into the tragic massacre in El Paso, on the same weekend as Dayton also suffered a mass shooting⁠—brought the peril of a sharp and decisive public rebuke of Trump and his presidency. “If these voters, the vital center of the American electorate, come to believe that Donald Trump as president, his rhetoric and political style, have become a threat to public safety, that is a seminal development,” I wrote.

If Trump stays on his present course, he will lose next November, and political historians will more than likely come to see the watershed moment as August 2019. And so, Rick Wilson is correct: Trump can’t win, he will be re-elected only if the Democrats blow it. In the final analysis, Trump is on the verge of losing the country, even if the Democrats have not yet found the discipline needed to secure a victory in 2020.

https://thebulwark.com/new-polls-sho...y-very-afraid/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In July I argued that Donald Trump’s strategy race baiting against the so-called “Squad” of four minority female members of Congress would not go well for him. I wrote that “I wouldn’t assume that we may not look back and see this as being the Ides Of August for Trump.”

Two weeks later I asked, “Could This Be the Moment Trump loses America?” I argued that a triad of events⁠—Trump’s attack on the Squad, tied to the rhetoric of “send them back” with the backdrop of his repeated referencing of “invasion,” which then rolled into the tragic massacre in El Paso, on the same weekend as Dayton also suffered a mass shooting⁠—brought the peril of a sharp and decisive public rebuke of Trump and his presidency. “If these voters, the vital center of the American electorate, come to believe that Donald Trump as president, his rhetoric and political style, have become a threat to public safety, that is a seminal development,” I wrote.

If Trump stays on his present course, he will lose next November, and political historians will more than likely come to see the watershed moment as August 2019. And so, Rick Wilson is correct: Trump can’t win, he will be re-elected only if the Democrats blow it. In the final analysis, Trump is on the verge of losing the country, even if the Democrats have not yet found the discipline needed to secure a victory in 2020.

https://thebulwark.com/new-polls-sho...y-very-afraid/
Sounds like a prediction confirming the infestation of confirmation bias resulting in the hoped for successful invasion of lying Democraps.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Sounds like a prediction confirming the infestation of confirmation bias resulting in the hoped for successful invasion of lying Democraps.
I see you have not learned to edit your posts so that your point is clear and not lost in your circumlocution.

In short, Trump’s approval-to-disapproval ratio got much worse among those he needs to have any chance of winning: older white, suburban, moderately to conservative and Independent voters.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2019, 11:47 AM   #4
wdmso

Donald Trump's latest conspiracy theory target? Fox News.

Well, Fox has always given me -- I'll tell you, Fox is a lot different than it used to be, I can tell you that. ... Fox has changed. And my worst polls have always been from Fox. There's something going on at Fox, I'll tell you right now. And I'm not happy with it."

"There's something going on at Fox."

hes quickly running out of runway
Old 08-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
New study says you idiots are probably going to drop dead from stress or a heart attack because you sit around obsessing about Trump instead of living life.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

Yes, I am afraid. You have convinced me and many others I would guess.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Yes, I am afraid. You have convinced me and many others I would guess.
that was funny.

part of me thinks he’s going to get creamed, part of me remembers the polls in 2016 all
said he was going to get creamed.

it’s nice to finally have a brass knuckles bully on my side, for once.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
that was funny.

part of me thinks he’s going to get creamed, part of me remembers the polls in 2016 all
said he was going to get creamed.

it’s nice to finally have a brass knuckles bully on my side, for once.
Running against Hillary, who many including myself despised, was the only reason he won in 2016. Watch his desperation grow, I’m predicting a presidential meltdown.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Running against Hillary, who many including myself despised, was the only reason he won in 2016. Watch his desperation grow, I’m predicting a presidential meltdown.
regardless, every poll had her winning in a landslide. not many on the left despised her.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I see you have not learned to edit your posts so that your point is clear and not lost in your circumlocution.

In short, Trump’s approval-to-disapproval ratio got much worse among those he needs to have any chance of winning: older white, suburban, moderately to conservative and Independent voters.
My post was a yahoo dog whistle not intended to be understood by Progressive experts like you. But it did invade your trump infested state of mind causing you to spit out another anti-Trump factoid. So it was a good thing. It provided you the opportunity to keep it coming. Your efforts will change the world. You really know a lot of good stuff. No doubt everything you predict will come true.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Quote:

Im predicting many of you in this forum
In straight jackets November 23 2020
Old 08-20-2019, 04:43 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Im predicting many of you in this forum
In straight jackets November 23 2020
You might need to reserve some time with a therapist.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Running against Hillary, who many including myself despised, was the only reason he won in 2016.
you’re discounting, in my opinion, how he pulled it off. he has a base of voters who live him for who he is, not just because they hated hilary.

i’m not seeing a democratic nominee who
will be a lot more popular than she was, in middle america, unless it’s biden
Old 08-20-2019, 05:06 PM   #14
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
You might need to reserve some time with a therapist.

Nope not at all.
I’m just here to help push you idiots over the edge 😜
Old 08-20-2019, 05:14 PM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
Nope not at all.
I’m just here to help push you idiots over the edge 😜
Seriously but why do you think anyone cares what you think? You're another one who adds nothing to the forum.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Seriously but why do you think anyone cares what you think? You're another one who adds nothing to the forum.
you could
ask that same question if the original poster, who starts multiple
posts daily to pile in the potus.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
you could
ask that same question if the original poster, who starts multiple
posts daily to pile in the potus.
He does post a lot but his threads contain some thought.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #18
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
I don’t add to this forum ?
This Political forum doesn’t even belong on the FISHING website.
I wish John R would take his head out of his ass and remove it.

But back to your point.
You call what you idiots do, pissing & moaning about Trump on a daily basis CONTRIBUTING ???
Old 08-20-2019, 10:25 PM   #19
Sea Dangles

Quote:

But back to your point.
You call what you idiots do, pissing & moaning about Trump on a daily basis CONTRIBUTING ???
Paul is thoughtless and does nothing but respond with nonsense.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-21-2019, 05:18 AM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

But back to your point.
Self control works well, just never move your cursor to this forum and you will never get so upset, works just like never wasting fishing time at a spot overrun by Yahoo!’s 😂
Old 08-21-2019, 06:23 AM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
I don’t add to this forum ?Yes, I can't really say I have ever seen you post any real thoughts about the subject other than insults.

But back to your point.
The point is that you (and a few others like SD) can't debate anything reasonably so you resort to petty, childish insults. If you can't control yourself to stay away from this forum delete the link.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
He does post a lot but his threads contain some thought.
zero thought. just long, long anti trump diatribes.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

I don't have to come up with stuff, Trump does it for me.

In the past 24 hours, Donald Trump…

- Had a tantrum because Denmark wouldn’t sell Greenland to him;
- Accused Google of changing 16 Million votes;
- Tweeted that he was acclaimed as the “King of Israel” and the “second coming of God.”

...If he wasn’t president, he’d be put in the loony bin.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2019, 09:10 AM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
So you didn't constantly post anti Obama diatribes - petty posts on things he said once. I would guess you started more threads about Obama than anyone else.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Here is some thought for you and your brass knuckled would-be King.

You claim him to be Cyrus and say that is a good thing.

Ancient Near Easterners expected their kings to perform three primary functions:
(1) provide military protection against foreign threats
(2) provide judicial protection against internal threats among the citizens
(3) provide spiritual protection against the fury of the gods by constructing temples for and promoting the worship of the state deity. According to these standards, Cyrus was successful.

But these are not Jewish and Christian God’s metrics.

Moses’ “Charter for Kingship” in Deuteronomy presents an alternative to the prevailing exercise of kingship, a model in which rulers are to function as servants of their people. To guard against the predominant megalomaniacal paradigm, Moses focused on the personal character of the king.

They were not to use their position of authority in self-interest (multiplying horses, women, and silver and gold for himself).
Rather, Israel’s kings were to read the Torah for themselves and then embody the righteousness the Torah called for in all of YHWH’s people: fearing YHWH, walking in the ways of YHWH, and walking humbly among their fellow Israelites.

In short, the Israelite king’s primary function was to be a model citizen, so that people could look up to him and declare, “I want to be like that person!”

This image of leadership as the embodiment of righteous covenantal ideals and seeking the well-being of those one leads ahead of one’s own status is consistent with the Hebrew portrayal of YHWH as the shepherd of his people and of the New Testament’s portrayal of true shepherds of God’s people.

Biblical history suggests that no matter how and why we cast our vote for a particular candidate, Democrat or Republican, we must never allow ourselves to become blind to their personal and moral flaws.
According to the Bible, leadership is more than effectiveness; it’s also (and, in fact, primarily) a matter of character.

Jesus modeled perfectly the righteous standard of which he spoke: “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep”.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #26
FishermanTim

Trump should do and say nothing and watch as the democratic party destroys itself in glorious fashion.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 08-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #27
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Trump should do and say nothing and watch as the democratic party destroys itself in glorious fashion.
Did you just suggest Trump bite his tongue, like that is ever going to happen😂, you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning while scratching a million dollar ticket.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We are all saved, Trump proclaims he is the chosen one, didn’t think I could have a belly laugh over something coming out of his mouth; I was wrong.😂😂😂😂😂
Old 08-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you didn't constantly post anti Obama diatribes - petty posts on things he said once. I would guess you started more threads about Obama than anyone else.
not nearly this often, not nearly this one sided, and almost always my own words instead of posting 1,000 word articles by someone else.

other thanthat, sure, just the same.

i criticized and praised obama. that’s thinking.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
that’s exactly what he should do. but he won’t. he could
let them nominate
bernie or warren and win 45 states if he could act a bit more dignified. but he won’t. he can’t.