Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 01-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Hobie for sale?

Anyone got one they're looking to move or know of any good shops?

The time has come to grab one.

STORMR Pro Staff Member
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Hopefully looking to do a trade/cash deal, have plugs, Surfcasting gear, rods, reels, vs reels, conv gear, etc
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I know there are a few guys don't use theirs any more.......might as well sell them to someone who will?!!! LOL!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #4
Nebe

From my warm dry hands...
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #5
EliTheBeerGuy

I've got a 2014 Revo 13' for sale
EliTheBeerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #6
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliTheBeerGuy View Post
I've got a 2014 Revo 13' for sale

Send me a pm!

STORMR Pro Staff Member
Old 01-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #7
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

nice Chris! Why now?
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:23 PM   #8
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
nice Chris! Why now?
Why not!!

The real reason is we finally have a home, with a garage and yard, so my main reason before was lack of space to secure it safely.

I sold my John boat for freshwater this past year so need a new outfit.

Also want to gain access to some shore spots for Surfcasting

Plus I think I'd actually use it more than lugging the John boat around

STORMR Pro Staff Member
Old 01-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #9
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

you will love it no doubt, glad you are just going right to hobie because as a plug guy, you will want your hands free. although drifting live baits is the balls from a yak..
congrats on the house by the way!
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Plus he wants to yak fish with his buddy BigFish!!!!

Old 01-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #11
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Plus he wants to yak fish with his buddy BigFish!!!!
That's the icing on the cake or French toast.

STORMR Pro Staff Member
Old 02-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I'm still looking at the Pro Angler 14, are there any good deals at the shows, if anyone has one they would like to part with I'd be interested too?
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:51 PM   #13
ecduzitgood
time to go

I have a 2011pro angler 14 dune color hull new unused. It was a warranty replacement so the seat and drive are 09. With a caravan trailer and the Hobie cradles (new). It has been stored in a portable garage so it should still be perfect...the drive with new or maybe used once mint turbo fins and fish finder stored inside house. I will have to look into getting it out if your interested. Also have a hummingbird 798ciSi (sidescan with internal gps) that was used once for about 2 hours on the 09 hull. I discovered the crack and haven't been back on the water since getting the replacement between surgery other projects and exceptional shore fishing so it's been sitting until I make time to rig it to fish. I have bracket I made to hang from the side and also includes a Navionics fish'n chip. If interested pm me your email and when I can get it out for pictures I will send them to you. I am on the fence about selling it but got an unexpected emergency vet bill today for over $700 and see no one has replied yet. No pressure, no hurry it's not going anywhere since I really don't have to sell it.
Never got to install the ram mount for the fish finder or the orca rod holder so the hull is unmolested. Will have to inspect everything before I come up with a price. Paddle, scotty light pole, dry bag, and some other accessories that I will have to gather up including original drive fins and I think I have an extra set of used turbo fins also and a handheld cobra vhf with Bluetooth for a cell phone, 2 hobie scupper carts one with wheeleez and also have an older wheeleez jet ski cart I can include...also a homemade live well made out of a cooler with a timer to extend the battery use. Will check the batteries and include them and the dry box that holds them. I don't want to break any rules so if interested I will post it in the buy sell when ready to go.

I saw a Hobie 12' PA on Craigslist ma. you may want to check out.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 02-07-2016 at 02:11 PM..
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I have a 2011pro angler 14 dune color hull new unused. It was a warranty replacement so the seat and drive are 09. With a caravan trailer and the Hobie cradles (new). It has been stored in a portable garage so it should still be perfect...the drive with new or maybe used once mint turbo fins and fish finder stored inside house. I will have to look into getting it out if your interested. Also have a hummingbird 798ciSi (sidescan with internal gps) that was used once for about 2 hours on the 09 hull. I discovered the crack and haven't been back on the water since getting the replacement between surgery other projects and exceptional shore fishing so it's been sitting until I make time to rig it to fish. I have bracket I made to hang from the side and also includes a Navionics fish'n chip. If interested pm me your email and when I can get it out for pictures I will send them to you. I am on the fence about selling it but got an unexpected emergency vet bill today for over $700 and see no one has replied yet. No pressure, no hurry it's not going anywhere since I really don't have to sell it.
Never got to install the ram mount for the fish finder or the orca rod holder so the hull is unmolested. Will have to inspect everything before I come up with a price. Paddle, scotty light pole, dry bag, and some other accessories that I will have to gather up including original drive fins and I think I have an extra set of used turbo fins also and a handheld cobra vhf with Bluetooth for a cell phone, 2 hobie scupper carts one with wheeleez and also have an older wheeleez jet ski cart I can include...also a homemade live well made out of a cooler with a timer to extend the battery use. Will check the batteries and include them and the dry box that holds them. I don't want to break any rules so if interested I will post it in the buy sell when ready to go.

I saw a Hobie 12' PA on Craigslist ma. you may want to check out.
I'm definitely interested. I love the idea of a stable 14 footer, but my issue will be how to transport it on a Tacoma without any current roof racks, as I was hoping to avoid having to trailer it. I've seen the video of the RHINO NAUTIC KAYAK LIFTER which would avoid the trailing issue, but I hate to spend all that coin to get that all set up. When you have an idea on if you want to sell and what you think you want to get for the lot pop me a pm.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #15
ecduzitgood
time to go

Might be a little while since I have other equipment in front of it and to get it out with the snow from both storms it will be difficult. I will not sell it to anyone before I give you a chance at it. Maybe you will find exactly what you want before the season starts (no trailer or Hobe cradles etc.). Just felt bad you weren't getting any responses and didn't want you to lose hope on finding something cheaper than brand new since I believe hobie doesn't allow dealers to discount.
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No rush.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #17
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Doubtful many loading "contraptions" will suffice Bob.....the PA is a beast! You know how big I am......racks on my Silverado proved too difficult for me (6' 5" 300#) to load and unload easily......I have a trailer and have since I began using my PA. Those Hullavators I do not believe will easily load the PA's. Bed extender will be the best route without getting a trailer.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

That loader advertiese in the Hobie parts catalog looks pretty easy to use and this video is I think the equivilent of my tacoma and the PA14.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
Jim in CT

There are a few for sale in th ecurrent hartford, CT craigslist. At least one pro angler, several others.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote