Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 06-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

No Toots

Based on doctors’ orders and due to continuing medical issues being experienced by Toots & the Maytals’ Frederick “Toots” Hibbert that are directly related to the head injury received on May 19, 2013 in Richmond Virginia, all future performances of Toots & the Maytals have regrettably been cancelled. This cancellation includes ‘Groovin in the Park’ in New York (June 30) and the planned 6 week European summer tour (July 3-August 14), This unavoidable decision was made by Toots’ medical team as it has been determined that any performances at this time could seriously compromise the artiste’s health and well being.

Toots was injured last month when a large vodka bottle was thrown at the stage which hit him in his head while performing at the RiverRock Festival in Richmond. Toots has been undergoing medical tests and treatment since and was forced to cancel the balance of his US acoustic concert tour last month due to continuing medical issues stemming from the bottle throwing incident.

Last week Toots attended the arraignment of William Connor Lewis, the defendant caught on tape and charged with felony assault and public drunkenness after hitting the singer in the head with a vodka bottle during his performance. While the public drunkeness misdemeanor charge was dismissed, the grand jury indictment of Lewis on the felony charge is expected on July 1st.

According to Toots’ attorney, Michael R. Shapiro, “This tragic incident that caused serious injury to Toots is the subject of an going investigation in terms of responsibility. Toots and his management team share with me the view that we should only sue those who we know to have responsibility for this vicious attack. At this moment in time, the bottle thrower, Mr Lewis unquestionably falls in that category and thus the $21M civil action against him. As we investigate the matter fuller and that investigation indicates other responsible parties, I can assure you that we will respond in an appropriate manner to impose legal responsibility for any such actions or omissions upon any such individuals, companies or entities.”

Toots thanks all of his fans worldwide who have expressed their concern and sent their messages and prayers in emails and postings on Facebook.http://www.tootsandthemaytals.com/category/news/

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Toots is 72 yrs. old ...
They caught the guy too ..

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 06-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

what a piece of crap

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
Nebe

Wow. I didn't know this happened. What a D-bag that guy was to do that. No hope for the human race...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Al Hirt got hit in the trumpet with a brick while blowing it at a show once. I know for a fact that drunk people do stupid things.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

When I saw him at the Paradise he invited the whole audience on stage .. Everyone got up there too and the band never stopped playing .. " I love you too much " Toots ...

(dob 4-21-07)
Old 06-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Sea Dangles

My friend was at that show,I guess it was bad.
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote