Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-28-2018, 08:57 AM   #151
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wasn't smart? It was beyond stupid, made her sound just like Trump back in the rallies asking people to smack the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of a protester on the other side of the aisle. She should be publicly reprimanded.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

While we all rant about immigration, ignoring the cause, and not trying to solve the problems (Trump is threatening to eliminate aid if they don’t stop the flow)
Perhaps we should look at the history of the USA and Central America
https://medium.com/s/story/timeline-...a-a9bea9ebc148
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #153
Pete F.
Canceled

https://www.carnegie.org/programs/great-immigrants/
Old 06-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #154
detbuch

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1145702]While we all rant about immigration, ignoring the cause, and not trying to solve the problems (Trump is threatening to eliminate aid if they don’t stop the flow)
[url]https://medium.com/s/story/timeline-us-intervention-central-america-a9bea9ebc1

There is here, not just one-sided causes.

Suicide is not a good model for reparations.

Present generations should not be required to make reparations for past generations (on both sides of the borders) actions.

Present generation can try to make a deal, or renegotiate old deals. If not, we can stay out of there business and territory, and they can stay out of ours.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-30-2018 at 05:33 PM..
Old 06-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #155
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
https://www.carnegie.org/programs/great-immigrants/
Immigrants are a secret only if they are "undocumented." And they are not the "secret of America" as in what makes America great. They don't make America any greater than they make any other country great. There is something else that makes America great, but it's no use trying to discuss that with you.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #156
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Immigrants are a secret only if they are "undocumented." And they are not the "secret of America" as in what makes America great. They don't make America any greater than they make any other country great. There is something else that makes America great, but it's no use trying to discuss that with you.
Are you a Native American?
Five million of us are but I would guess however that you are an immigrant or a descendant of a number of them.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-30-2018, 06:01 PM   #157
scottw

Quote:

it's no use trying to discuss that with you.
this is pretty much where we're at .....
Old 06-30-2018, 06:10 PM   #158
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=detbuch;1145715]
Quote:
While we all rant about immigration, ignoring the cause, and not trying to solve the problems (Trump is threatening to eliminate aid if they don’t stop the flow)
[url]https://medium.com/s/story/timeline-us-intervention-central-america-a9bea9ebc1

Present generations should not be required to make reparations for past generations (on both sides of the borders) actions.

Present generation can try to make a deal, or renegotiate old deals. If not, we can stay out of there business and territory, and they can stay out of ours.
I did not say his bull#^&#^&#^&#^& about reperations was correct.
I said we need to look at the history
We repeat the same mistakes over and over, in China, Vietnam, The Middle East, North Africa and Central and South America.
Is there a reason we feel compelled to have the largest military budget in the world by any measure

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #159
spence

Quote:
Five million of us are but I would guess however that you are an immigrant or a descendant of a number of them.
I am. Good god does this mean I have to start carrying my tribal membership card around with me at all times ???
Old 06-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #160
detbuch

Quote:
Oh, so becoming an immigrant gives one the power to make a country great. That must be why an immigrant to a new country can't make the country he came from great. He wasn't an immigrant there.

And that must mean natives should step aside and let the immigrants take over if they want their country to be great.

BS.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #161
detbuch

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1145721]
Quote:

I did not say his bull#^&#^&#^&#^& about reperations was correct.
I said we need to look at the history
We repeat the same mistakes over and over, in China, Vietnam, The Middle East, North Africa and Central and South America.
Is there a reason we feel compelled to have the largest military budget in the world by any measure
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about immigration and how it made America great.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:25 PM   #162
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I am. Good god does this mean I have to start carrying my tribal membership card around with me at all times ???
No, you might want to hide your card. You don't make America great. Immigrants do. You should be thankful that all those immigrants came here and took over and set you natives aside so the country could be great. And flashing your card around will just expose you as one those who couldn't do it. You know, like you're inferior.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:29 AM   #163
wdmso

Quote:
Oh, so becoming an immigrant gives one the power to make a country great. That must be why an immigrant to a new country can't make the country he came from great. He wasn't an immigrant there.

And that must mean natives should step aside and let the immigrants take over if they want their country to be great.

BS.
another one who in history he must have gotten a F

Our founders seeing the couldn't make the country they came from (england) great... came here for a better life what losers
Old 07-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #164
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
another one who in history he must have gotten a F

Our founders seeing the couldn't make the country they came from (england) great... came here for a better life what losers
Why couldn't they make England great? The immigrants going to England are making it great. London is finally great now.

Did the original colonists come here "for a better life" because what awaited them was a developed country ready to give them that better life, or because they could build that life themselves? Because they could create their version of a better life? Because they would finally be free to do so? Did they seek a better life in a place that offered it, ready made? Or did they seek the freedom to create one? And was freedom to make one's life and fortune the distinguishing character of the country they created, and which was the attraction for immigrants many years thereafter? Immigrants who, for those many years were given basically nothing other than freedom and responsibility? Was it immigration that made this country great? Or was it freedom?

I did not get an F in history? I'm thinking I probably did, at the least, as well as you?

Last edited by detbuch; 07-01-2018 at 09:21 AM..
Old 07-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #165
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=detbuch;1145715]
Quote:

Would Crimea be an “old” deal?
Should we have only a one term memory or are we a nation that believes in the rule of law?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #166
detbuch

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1145742]
Quote:
Would Crimea be an “old” deal?

Do you think there should be a Crimea deal?

Should we have only a one term memory or are we a nation that believes in the rule of law?
To which law are you referring?