Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
fishsmith
DDG-51

Spaceman returns

I was to young to really appreciate this guy, but my old man's flat out love for this guy makes me post.

Bill Lee Returns to the mound -->
Bill Lee will pitch for the Brockton Rox - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger

If you've never been the Rox games are a good time Campanelli Stadium is a great place to watch a game.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

we have tickets and i can't wait til Sunday
Bill Lee is cool
I enjoyed watching him pitch and can't wait to see him again, amazing at his age.
the guy is out there
great picture of him

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

You should watch the special on him on NESN......awesome. the guy plays by nobody's rules but his own......and he HATES the yank-mees

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You should watch the special on him on NESN......awesome. the guy plays by nobody's rules but his own......and he HATES the yank-mees
I've seen it and I agree, it's awesome, his rules are good, that man is a giver.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Big fan as a kid! He broke his pitching arm in a brawl with the yanks in 74' I think it was?? Yeah he hates em'!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

wrecked his shoulder from a cheapshot
he has good reason to hate yankees

I saw that special, he's amazing

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

one of a kind

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
outnumbered
Registered Papa

Actually played in a charity golf tournament with him. He is just a nutty on the golf course. Realllllly hates the yanks and has some interesting views on the state of baseball. Great guy very personable with everyone involved that day.

Quote:
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
SurfCaster413

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Was to young to see him play but that special was great, absolute lover of the game.
SurfCaster413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
Slipknot
Super Moderator

He got a great reception and he pitched really well considering his age. He went into 6 innings like I thought he might. The Rox won the game against former teammate Rich Gedmans' Worc. Hurricanes.
I spooted some guy in the crowd with a space suit on.
I brought my camera but forgot to put the memory card in it but my sister in law emailed some pics. We had fun just being there, at least I did.

He stands a little hunched over and is a bit bowlegged but he throws as good as a lot half his age. Faster than I can pitch for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill Lee 10.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	41335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill Lee 6.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	41336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill Lee 1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	41337  

Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
Actually played in a charity golf tournament with him. He is just a nutty on the golf course. Realllllly hates the yanks and has some interesting views on the state of baseball. Great guy very personable with everyone involved that day.
that's cool

Old 09-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Yea, good for him! I saw this on the news and was amazed. I have taken my family to several games over the years and really enjoy the place. We saw Oil Can pitch a couple of years ago and he didn't do nearly as well as Spaceman. We actually have season tickets at our office but I've only used them once this year. I'll try and get a playoff game in though seeing the Sox won't be in them! Oh and I also heard they ran out of food at the ballpark and got some bad feedback from the fans about that. One of the reports I read said Spaceman was at a local watering hole after the game for 4 hours drinking beers and signing autographs. They broke the mold with him for sure.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Ya it was a fundraiser for something about autism, 25 dollar donation to get in. he had a long day.

the food was also cold and way undercooked

the place was sold out, they could have planned better figuring for a sellout and had enough food but it happened before where they ran out of water.