Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #31
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Antifa is in no way associated with the Democratic Party and in fact Democratic leaders have publicly denounced them. What a striking contrast to Trump rolling out the red carpet for white supremacists to be a part of the Republican Party. And therein lies the vast moral divide difference between today’s Democratic and Republican parties.

The right’s goal in creating this false moral and political equivalency is one thing and one thing only: It’s being done to give Trump supporters a talking point to pivot to when people raise the issue of white supremacists openly supporting Trump’s GOP. They can say, “But what about antifa?”—which replaces “but what about Hillary,” which replaces “but what about Obama,” etc.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-ha...antifa-problem
that's rolling out the red carpet? and I'm sure you agree with that delusional opinion.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Maybe 8 and you forgot the 333 local seats flipped.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I was looking for that, I didn't forget anything, I don't dodge when my side loses and you know that. . DO you know how many state are controlled by each party, and how many are now split? Couldn't find that...

Those are good pickups at the state level.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:39 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
that's rolling out the red carpet? and I'm sure you agree with that delusional opinion.
You were the one quoting SD who is trying to tie Antifa to the Dems. So who is delusional? I only cut and pasted - you wrote that post.

The racists on the right seem to think they have a friend in the White House and have stated so repeatedly.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:

The racists

you are consistent if nothing else
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are consistent if nothing else
I guess I could say the same thing about you.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #36
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
The right’s goal in creating this false moral and political equivalency is one thing and one thing only: It’s being done to give Trump supporters a talking point to pivot to when people raise the issue of white supremacists openly supporting Trump’s GOP. They can say, “But what about antifa?”—which replaces “but what about Hillary,” which replaces “but what about Obama,” etc.
Which replaced "It's Bush's Fault"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
no doubt was a good night for democrats nationally, without question.
A good night but I don't know if as good as expected???

Rep. held Ohio and Fl - both big.
Dems. got Wisc and can't recall if Colo. was D. before.

I was glad Collins (NY) lost. Hoping Hunter (Calif) and Menendez (NJ) would not win and King from Iowa or Idaho??.

I think people are deceived themselves if they thought Betto would win Fl. Abrams in GA and Menendez would loose in NJ.

I wanted the blond from Arizona to win - for selfish reasons although she needs smaller glasses.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #38
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

I think people are deceived themselves if they thought Betto would win Fl.
that would have been the biggest upset of the night, considering he was running in Texas

Old 11-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
A good night but I don't know if as good as expected???

Rep. held Ohio and Fl - both big.
Dems. got Wisc and can't recall if Colo. was D. before.

I was glad Collins (NY) lost. Hoping Hunter (Calif) and Menendez (NJ) would not win and King from Iowa or Idaho??.

I think people are deceived themselves if they thought Betto would win Fl. Abrams in GA and Menendez would loose in NJ.

I wanted the blond from Arizona to win - for selfish reasons although she needs smaller glasses.
No, not as big as expected (maybe more accurately, not as big as hoped), not nearly what the GOP got in 2010. But the GOP was very, very lucky with which senate seats happened to be up.

But if I was a democrat, I'd be excited about how close the senate races are in AZ and TX. I'd also be scared to death about Ruth Bader Ginsberg's fall.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:20 PM   #40
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Now you guys are equating Central American refugees or migrants with Nazis?
It’s okay if you do that?
A, you have any names to put with the "You Guys" claim?

B, I know Jim used the word "Nazi" and "Trump"in a sentence without directly using it as an adjective to describe Trump, But Jim in no way was equating the refugees to the Nazis. He was using it to provide some context for the term "invasion"

Again, people wonder why the political climate is so banged up

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-08-2018 at 01:51 PM..

Old 11-08-2018, 01:33 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

On RBG
One would hope that the people appointed to the Supreme Court are wiser than the Democrats fears and the Republicans hopes, or vice versa.
They historically have been quite unpredictable, when you least expect it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2018, 01:43 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
that would have been the biggest upset of the night, considering he was running in Texas
voter fraud.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #43
PaulS

Quote:
No, not as big as expected (maybe more accurately, not as big as hoped),

But if I was a democrat, I'd be excited about how close the senate races are in AZ and TX. I'd also be scared to death about Ruth Bader Ginsberg's fall.
Yes, should have said "hoped" by the Dems.

Rib injuries are painful. But if they happen on a Thurs. night the pain will be much less on Monday morn. Pain pills help

Inside joke.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

B, I know Jim used the word "Nazi" and "Trump"in a sentence without directly using it as an adjective to describe Trump, But Jim in no way was equating the refugees to the Nazis. He was using to provide some context for the term "invasion"

Quite a Trumpian context, do you honestly think that the 1.5 million armed Nazis attacking Poland as they bombed their airfields and attacked their naval forces were doing so with the hope of living there among the people, or with the intent of being accepted as refugees?
What happened to the Caravan, funny that after the election it became a non issue.
The Central American issues still exist, nothing will be done to solve the underlying problems that are causing the migration. Sad

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #45
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What happened to the Caravan, funny that after the election it became a non issue.
The Central American issues still exist, nothing will be done to solve the underlying problems that are causing the migration. Sad
Well at least THIS makes sense.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #46
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Costa tells Trump that the caravan isn't an "invasion" because they're still not here? Since when does proximity determine whether or not a group is invading or not? When the Nazis went into Poland, were they not invaders as they were approaching? isn't it the intent of the group that determines whether or not it's an invasion, rather than proximity?
I think the act of actually entering the country is needed in order for it to be an invasion:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/invasion

This isn’t an invasion. What Acosta was trying to say was that the administration and republican PACs used videos of people clamoring at fences and climbing over them when talking about the impending invasion by the caravan. They are hundreds of miles from our border and fences. The images they used weren’t of the caravan. Extremely misleading fear mongering in order to drive people to the polls.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #47
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
You were the one quoting SD who is trying to tie Antifa to the Dems. So who is delusional? I only cut and pasted - you wrote that post.

The racists on the right seem to think they have a friend in the White House and have stated so repeatedly.

so thinking they have a friend equals Trump rolling our a red carpet? you cutting and pasting has to have a reason you cut and pasted and the reason is clearly not because you disagree. If Antifa is not on Trumps' side, they must be with those who are against Trump. Isn't that liberal logic?

I just call it like I see it.

I'll go back to work now, and Trump will keep getting things done.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
so thinking they have a friend equals Trump rolling our a red carpet? you cutting and pasting has to have a reason you cut and pasted and the reason is clearly not because you disagree. I think he certainly doesn't dislike racists by his numerous past comments and retweets of quotes from racists. If Antifa is not on Trumps' side, they must be with those who are against Trump. Isn't that liberal logic?Not really understanding that statement but you and SD tried to tie antifa to the Dems - and it is wrong.

I just call it like I see it.So since you tried tying Antifa to the Dems. and that is not true - you are wrong and you should be glad I provided that link.

I'll go back to work now, and Trump will keep getting things done.
NM
Old 11-08-2018, 02:54 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:

B, I know Jim used the word "Nazi" and "Trump"in a sentence without directly using it as an adjective to describe Trump, But Jim in no way was equating the refugees to the Nazis. He was using it to provide some context for the term "invasion"

Lots of broken brains in the age of Trump. Thanks for clarifying what I said...
Old 11-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I think the act of actually entering the country is needed in order for it to be an invasion:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/invasion

This isn’t an invasion. What Acosta was trying to say was that the administration and republican PACs used videos of people clamoring at fences and climbing over them when talking about the impending invasion by the caravan. They are hundreds of miles from our border and fences. The images they used weren’t of the caravan. Extremely misleading fear mongering in order to drive people to the polls.
The invasion doesn't commence until they cross the border, fine. They're invaders en route. We really need to split these hairs?

Did they invade Mexico? Sure looked like it to me. Tearing down fences, climbing over walls.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

By that reasoning the "camps" that migrants, refugees or invaders are in would fall under the Geneva Convention, is that correct? And the people captured would be prisoners of war? He just opened up a whole new can of worms and I think/hope he will have a hard time getting our armed forces to commit war crimes.
This stuff has all been defined and Trump being "unconventional" is not helping.
History has shown us why diplomacy is important and less expensive than war, he can ignore history at our peril. His kids won't go to war, ours will.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Maybe 8 and you forgot the 333 local seats flipped.
"Antifa is in no way associated with the Democratic Party and in fact Democratic leaders have publicly denounced them. What a striking contrast to Trump rolling out the red carpet for white supremacists to be a part of the Republican Party. And therein lies the vast moral divide difference between today’s Democratic and Republican parties."

Oh give me a f*cking break. The only thing you said that's not insane, is that there's a huge moral divide between the two parties. You're 100% correct on that, but not in the way you suppose.

If I was a racist, I'd be a democrat. I'd want all blacks to live the way liberals have arranged for blacks to live in places where liberals run the show, Hartford, Chicago, DC. I'd give them all just enough welfare to avoid death, but not enough to get ahead, and strip them all of their ability to provide for themselves. That's liberalism.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #53
Sea Dangles

Are we now supposed to believe Antifa is not tied to the Democratic Party but the KKK is nothing but republicans in sheets? What a disgrace and joke the libs have evolved into.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #54
Slipknot
Super Moderator

They are Soros funded blackshirts comprised of useful angry idiots who are playing their part in the propaganda war to subvert our Republic.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Are we now supposed to believe Antifa is not tied to the Democratic Party but the KKK is nothing but republicans in sheets? Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well MSNBC and CNN keep saying it, so yes, you are supposed to believe it. And it's not the least bit stupid.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #56
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
The invasion doesn't commence until they cross the border, fine. They're invaders en route. We really need to split these hairs?

Did they invade Mexico? Sure looked like it to me. Tearing down fences, climbing over walls.
It’s not really splitting hairs... they’re not invaders until they make it to the border and then try to cross the border illegally. Until that point they’re just a migrant caravan trying to escape something.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #57
detbuch

"Ivasion" Webster definition #2: the incoming or spread of something usually hurtful.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:31 PM   #58
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Are we now supposed to believe Antifa is not tied to the Democratic Party but the KKK is nothing but republicans in sheets? What a disgrace and joke the libs have evolved into.
Trump HAS re-tweeted a number of white supremacists, at least one of which has been in a leadership position for the KKK.

That doesn’t mean the Klan is a republican boys club with sheets, but it does make them trump supporters in sheets, and he’s not doing a lot to distance himself from that.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Trump HAS re-tweeted a number of white supremacists, at least one of which has been in a leadership position for the KKK.

That doesn’t mean the Klan is a republican boys club with sheets, but it does make them trump supporters in sheets, and he’s not doing a lot to distance himself from that.
This "not doing enough" is a political talking point. He has a Jewish daughter and grandchildren. He moved our embassy to Jerusalem. He has renounced David Duke several times. I don't know very many politicians that have done more.

Let me ask you directly: do you believe that Trump supports the KKK? Do you think he is a white supremacist?

Last edited by detbuch; 11-08-2018 at 06:52 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #60
detbuch

What the Mainstream Media WON'T Tell You About The Migrant Caravan Crisis regarding who the "migrants' actually are--they are not mostly women and children. And they are not all peaceful Hondurans and Guatemalans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=JIfBBOv0CPg