Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It was an observation.

The Obama admin wasn't perfect on the issue but back in 2014 the influx of unaccompanied minors was still pretty new and the system wasn't prepared for it. Flash forward to 2018 and the Trump admin has done just about everything possible to make the problem much worse and now we have pretty much total chaos.

You guys are still buying the Trump lie that his policies were the same as Obama's or better that he's fixing Obama's problems. Far from it...
i freely admit, because it’s true, trump expanded obama’s policy of kids in cages, he’s doing it
more often.

so what you’re saying then, is that a certain number of kids in cages is acceptable to the left. and by a stunning coincidence, obama
was below that number, and trump
is above that number. shocker...

obama could have started construction, way back
in 2014, of an acceptable facility capable of holding tens of thousands. he did
nothing. neither has trump. they both deserve an F on immigration.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-26-2019, 04:58 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Go research the numbers for the past administrations and then this past year and then the difference will be clear (at least to many); policies have increased the flow.
which trump policies have increased the flow, exactly? You’re the one who said Trump has hurt our standing in the world. if he did in fact do that, why would
more people want to come here? i thought he was a racist who hated latinos, so why in gods name would he enact policies to encourage more of them to come here?
Old 06-26-2019, 05:21 PM   #93
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
which trump policies have increased the flow, exactly? You’re the one who said Trump has hurt our standing in the world. if he did in fact do that, why would
more people want to come here? i thought he was a racist who hated latinos, so why in gods name would he enact policies to encourage more of them to come here?
Please tell me you really do get it and your making a bad attempt at humor. Ok first the countries and circumstances these people are coming from are in disarray and it matters little to them what Trump thinks about them, the chances of making a life eventually in this country makes the risk worth while. Secondly, Trump has signaled to these countries your window for coming here is closing and you better beat feet. Then there is little continued effort to make life in these countries a bit more tolerable so there isn’t these increases. Then Trump uses the boarder and detention polices as punishment in an effort to slow the process, thinking if I separate families and house them with little humanitarian necessities, that will also slow the process.

Open your eyes and your willingness to see the facts for what they are. Or are you buying into Trump spinning this as Obama started it and I’m trying to fix it or that the majority of these people are just bad hombres?
Old 06-26-2019, 05:35 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Please tell me you really do get it and your making a bad attempt at humor. Ok first the countries and circumstances these people are coming from are in disarray and it matters little to them what Trump thinks about them, the chances of making a life eventually in this country makes the risk worth while. Secondly, Trump has signaled to these countries your window for coming here is closing and you better beat feet. Then there is little continued effort to make life in these countries a bit more tolerable so there isn’t these increases. Then Trump uses the boarder and detention polices as punishment in an effort to slow the process, thinking if I separate families and house them with little humanitarian necessities, that will also slow the process.

Open your eyes and your willingness to see the facts for what they are. Or are you buying into Trump spinning this as Obama started it and I’m trying to fix it or that the majority of these people are just bad hombres?
ahh. so because trump
thinks immigrants should
come legally, he’s responsible for the rush. so trump should say to
the world, “i’ll
turn a blind eye to this as
my predecessors have done, so there’s no reason for
any of
you to feel the need to come
now.”

i would. never say obama started it. i said trump didn’t start it. and i said obama did zip to improve it, as trump. is doing zip.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:

never said obama started it. i said trump didn’t start it, and i said
neither did anything to stop it.

you’re blaming trump
for the increase, because people get a sense that he's the first potus who will enforce the law? maybe that’s true, but it’s not a flaw.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:22 PM   #96
Sea Dangles

Quote:

If this is true #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& logic we are certainly doomed. 4 more years.

I guess the welcome mat Obama put out wasn’t enough incentive 🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-26-2019, 06:22 PM   #97
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Oh the children, we’ve got to take care of them.......
Coming from the party that’s all about abortion, and celebrate being able to kill them right up to birth @ 9 months 😤