Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Lisa Bloom and trump accusations

Lisa Bloom is a very very prominent lawyer. She represented many of trumps accusers. And a report has come out, which she admits is true, that she went to democrat donors and tabloids looking for big paydays for women willing to accuse trump of harassment and assault, and carved out a commission for herself naturally, since she cares so much about her cause. I’m not saying trump is a good guy. But when big money is changing hands, it raises questions.

This is beyond ugly, and it makes it almost impossible to know what the right thing is.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
DZ

It is troubling. Even the payouts to assault victims by that congressional committee to keep them quiet. If you take the money its still seems unseemly. Would a real victim take a payoff?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
wdmso

big paydays for women willing to accuse trump of harassment and assault, your lead

why do you twist the story

for women accusing President Trump of sexual harassment during the 2016 from actual article
Old 12-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
This is beyond ugly, and it makes it almost impossible to know what the right thing is.
Trump is on audio admitting his transgressions. It's not impossible. Combine that with his public remarks as POTUS and there's not a lot of thinking required.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
Nebe

I am certain this “pound me too” movement was started to crescendo into a trump trap. (See what I did there with the hash tag?)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-15-2017, 06:30 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
big paydays for women willing to accuse trump of harassment and assault, your lead

why do you twist the story

for women accusing President Trump of sexual harassment during the 2016 from actual article
this is from The Hill

"A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump during the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill."
Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #7
Jim in CT

If they were assaulted they deserve compensation. No one deserves compensation for making an accusation, only a diehard liberal would fail to see the dangerous slippery slope and moral hazard.

Sex harassment claims will be the McCarthyism of this decade. It will be fair game and fashionable to accuse everyone you disagree with, and already, no one is talking about the presumption of innocence or due process. Trial in the media benefits no one except the media. I remember president regans secretary of labor was accused of larceny on the front page of every paper in the country. Months later when he was acquitted, he famously asked where do I go to get my reputation back.

As soon as a prominent democrat politician comes along who has a shady past, the talking heads will go right back to not caring. It likely won’t take long.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:08 PM   #8
Nebe

Totally agree on the McCarthyism. I was saying that the other day.