Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-02-2019, 11:13 PM   #1
detbuch

Seadangles is right, greatest President of our time

Historian Doug Wead gives us quite a different picture of Trump than those with TDS would have us believe:

Old 12-03-2019, 03:22 AM   #2
scottw

this will devastate the snowflakes so deeply invested in the media barrage narrative...
Old 12-03-2019, 06:44 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s not just Trump’s closest advisors who are criminals (Cohen, Manafort, Stone) but also literally his first two congressional supporters (Chris Collins & Duncan Hunter). All prosecuted by people his own administration appointed.

Trump is a walking crime magnet and apologist
🍑🤡
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-03-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Sea Dangles

Somebody needs a hug.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

As the whistleblower said:

In the course of my official duties, I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.

Trump’s ask of Zelensky was so grave that both the CIA general counsel, Courtney Simmons Elwood, and the general counsel at the National Security Council, John Eisenberg, decided the accusations had a “reasonable basis” and together called the Justice Department on Aug. 14 to discuss how to handle them. Elwood reportedly intended this call to be a criminal referral about the president’s conduct. Later in August, the Acting Director of National Intelligence and Inspector General for the Intelligence Community referred the allegations to the Justice Department as a possible criminal matter. This means that upon learning of Trump’s ask alone (forget everything else we’ve learned), multiple senior government lawyers, all appointed by Trump, were worried the president had committed a crime.

Do these Trump appointees have TDS?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 11:27 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

Get it all out sniffles.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

President Trump just lost his appeal in the Deutsche Bank and Capital One subpoena case.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As the whistleblower said:

In the course of my official duties, I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.

Trump’s ask of Zelensky was so grave that both the CIA general counsel, Courtney Simmons Elwood, and the general counsel at the National Security Council, John Eisenberg, decided the accusations had a “reasonable basis” and together called the Justice Department on Aug. 14 to discuss how to handle them. Elwood reportedly intended this call to be a criminal referral about the president’s conduct. Later in August, the Acting Director of National Intelligence and Inspector General for the Intelligence Community referred the allegations to the Justice Department as a possible criminal matter. This means that upon learning of Trump’s ask alone (forget everything else we’ve learned), multiple senior government lawyers, all appointed by Trump, were worried the president had committed a crime.

Do these Trump appointees have TDS?
OK, OK, some were "worried" about a possibility. Some are not. So goes politics and investigations. So the Senate will decide. Good luck with that.

In the meantime, did you watch the video? Probably a dumb question since you said you don't watch the videos I post. But, I know it's asking too much from you since you're so massively infused with hate for Trump and must use any and every occasion to inform us about it . . . but I will kindly ask anyway. Will you please, if you don't watch a video, please refrain from commenting on it, or worse, please don't inject some other subjects into the thread. If you don't want to discuss the video, just stay out of the thread. Please.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

You cite a man and claim him to be a historian, it seems he is quite the scholar, classically trained. Did you learn of him at a PC meeting? I'll waste my time elsewhere.........

Wead was born in Muncie, Indiana. He attended Riley High School, in South Bend, Indiana, then graduated from Canyonville Christian Academy, a private boarding school in Canyonville, Oregon, in 1964. He also attended, but did not graduate from, Central Bible College, in Springfield, Missouri. In 1990, Wead was given an honorary degree from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
You cite a man and claim him to be a historian, it seems he is quite the scholar, classically trained. Did you learn of him at a PC meeting? I'll waste my time elsewhere.........

Wead was born in Muncie, Indiana. He attended Riley High School, in South Bend, Indiana, then graduated from Canyonville Christian Academy, a private boarding school in Canyonville, Oregon, in 1964. He also attended, but did not graduate from, Central Bible College, in Springfield, Missouri. In 1990, Wead was given an honorary degree from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
That's it? That's a discussion of the video? He's written several books in which he did original sourced investigation. That is what historians do. Whether they attended Harvard or Oxford or no university at all. You speak sarcastically of "classically trained" as if Wead is not. What college did the most famous classical historians Thucydides or Herodotus graduate from? None. Thucydides is considered by some to be the father of "scientific history" and Herodotus to be "The Father of History." They both used the original sources and methods of investigation to write their histories that Wead used to write his.

Wead's humble beginnings are no disqualification to write history. His books on Presidents are historical records written in the tradition and methods of classical historians.

You've got nothing but sarcasm and ignorant disdain to add to this thread. You certainly have nothing pertinent, important, or factual to say about the video.

Trying to kill the messenger is a pitiful tactic when you have nothing else to say. And, BTW, Wead's book paints an entirely different portrait of Trump than you're totally negative, horrific, condemnations. Perhaps the truth is somewhere between the two?

And perhaps, in spite of his flaws, he is actually doing a lot of good and necessary things for this country.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:23 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That's it? That's a discussion of the video? He's written several books in which he did original sourced investigation. That is what historians do. Whether they attended Harvard or Oxford or no university at all. You speak sarcastically of "classically trained" as if Wead is not. What college did the most famous classical historians Thucydides or Herodotus graduate from? None. Thucydides is considered by some to be the father of "scientific history" and Herodotus to be "The Father of History." They both used the original sources and methods of investigation to write their histories that Wead used to write his.

Wead's humble beginnings are no disqualification to write history. His books on Presidents are historical records written in the tradition and methods of classical historians.

You've got nothing but sarcasm and ignorant disdain to add to this thread. You certainly have nothing pertinent, important, or factual to say about the video.

Trying to kill the messenger is a pitiful tactic when you have nothing else to say. And, BTW, Wead's book paints an entirely different portrait of Trump than you're totally negative, horrific, condemnations. Perhaps the truth is somewhere between the two?

And perhaps, in spite of his flaws, he is actually doing a lot of good and necessary things for this country.
He probably couldn't assail anything the guy said, and God knows he wasn't going to admit he might have a point. So insult the one who said it, and ignore what he said.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That's it?

Perhaps, but not likely, sort of like taking your historian as gospel.

How does Wead's PC debacle qualify as evidence of great research skills or is it just what you want the result to be that counts?

Now when you are watching the NATO pressers, keep in mind what a Senator said recently

“Watching Trump on the international stage is like watching a toddler take on a college debate team.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2019, 02:00 PM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Perhaps, but not likely, sort of like taking your historian as gospel.

Until you disprove "my" historian, I'll take him, at the least, as perhaps.

How does Wead's PC debacle qualify as evidence of great research skills or is it just what you want the result to be that counts?

His research skills are impressive. They speak for themselves.

Now when you are watching the NATO pressers, keep in mind what a Senator said recently

“Watching Trump on the international stage is like watching a toddler take on a college debate team.”
It's unproductive to keep in mind all the conflicting things that Senators say recently. I appreciate that "your" Senator has an opinion. But I don't take it as gospel.